Go Bottom Go Bottom

B7500DT Ignition switch

View my Photos
Grinder11
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-10-16          193879

Finally got manuals!! Anyway, I was looking thru the operators manual and saw a "blow-up" of my ignition switch. It shows the switch has 3 distinctive positions: #1 is "run", #2 is for "glow plugs", and #3 is "start". At least, I assume the 1st and 2nd positions have detents! Not mine-Mine has 1 detent only-The 1st, or "on" position. As for #2 for the flow plug, you must hold it there until you decide to try and crank it up! Shouldn't the flow plug position have its own detent, to? The spring inside this switch can get pretty stiff when trying to hold it in the correct position for 30 seconds if it's really cold. Anyone know for sure? If ask Dealer, but they would probably want to sell me a new switch!!! Please advise-Thx. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B7500DT Ignition switch

View my Photos
Grinder11
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-10-16          193880

Finally got manuals!! Anyway, I was looking thru the operators manual and saw a "blow-up" of my ignition switch. It shows the switch has 3 distinctive positions: #1 is "run", #2 is for "glow plugs", and #3 is "start". At least, I assume the 1st and 2nd positions have detents! Not mine-Mine has 1 detent only-The 1st, or "on" position. As for #2 for the flow plug, you must hold it there until you decide to try and crank it up! Shouldn't the flow plug position have its own detent, to? The spring inside this switch can get pretty stiff when trying to hold it in the correct position for 30 seconds if it's really cold. Anyone know for sure? If ask Dealer, but they would probably want to sell me a new switch!!! Please advise-Thx.

B7500DT Ignition switch

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-10-16          193881

Grinder11 -
The switch is designed NOT to have a detent, and BE spring thrown (or momentary contact as it's called) on glow plug position. Just look at the dash lights when you start the process. The glow position is only hot when starting - purposely - just to get the fuel to ignite, then the process of engine running takes over (in simple terms). Once the key gets released, it comes home to the run position. Many of tractors were lost to fire when the glow stuck on.
Best ~
Willie H. ....

B7500DT Ignition switch

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-10-16          193884

You do have to hold it on those models! They are a variable use as when the temps are not that cold you may only need a ten second use vs when cold you would need to use it longer. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login