Go Bottom Go Bottom

L4330 GST won t shift into upper gears

View my Photos
zspitzer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-09-02          193499

10 yr old kubota L4330 GST*engine runs fine. changed air,fuel and hyd filters. fuses checked ok. runs ok in 1-4 forward and reverse. no codes on display panel. HELP with suggestions

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-03          193513

How about some info? Did it work before the service work was done? What kind of transmission does it have? Does the shifter feel any different? Sounds like you have a manual transmission with two forward ranges an one for reverse.

If it worked fine before the service then think back to all done and look for something pulled loose or such. If I am right on the type of transmission you have also look for something dropped into the path for the high range to shift. At same time have you lube the shifter linkage? ....

View my Photos
zspitzer

2015-09-03          193515

It is a glide shift transmission. On advise of the dealer I changed the filters because of the shift problem. I lubed the shift lever, checked electrical connections and fuses. Do you know if the cluck linkage ever needs adjusting on this model? ....

View my Photos
MHarryE

2015-09-08          193595

Its been 5 days - did you get your tractor fixed? My Grand L is a hydro 40 series for which I have a WSM. In the section on GST, it states that the change from 30 to 40 is adding electro-hydraulics to do the shifting but indicates the transmission is identical. If that is the case, there are actually 3 gear transmissions stacked together. Main shift is a 4 speed gearbox with 2 sliding collars, one engaging 1st or 2nd, or neutral. The second collar engages 3rd or 4th, or neutral. This is the part of your transmission that appears to be working to give you 4 speeds. Transmission 2 is the sub-range shift that engages either high or low range. Yours appears to be limited to low range only. Transmission 3 is main range shift. Yours appears to be limited to low range only. It explains that when shifting from 1 to 2 for example, the hydraulic clutch in the transmission is disengaged, then the shift collar is hydraulically moved from engaging gear 1 to gear 2, then the hydraulic clutch re-engages. Since from what you said everything works fine in the first 4 gears, the clutch and that part of the transmission must be working fine. Unfortunately from there my WSM does not describe how the hydraulics are controlled for operating the 2 range shift gearboxes. It describes the electric control as found in the 40 series. From there it goes into the hydraulic section and the 4 shift pistons. It doesn't describe the shift mechanism for the manually controlled hydraulics of the 30. From the descriptions and schematic, there appears to be nothing that would cause losing both the sub-range and main range shifts at the same time. That would indicate it is a linkage problem but its only an educated wild-ass guess. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-09          193613

I do not know for certain on does the linkage even need adjusting but would be more surprised to be told no never. All linkage can be bent and worn. kt ....

View my Photos
zspitzer

2015-09-10          193626

Hey KT**This is a Glide Shift tranny. It appears it's not getting enough oil to make it shift into high range. I don't know much but I think it may be a sensor in the ECU or a piston is stuck in the section that needs an increase in the oil volume that makes it shift into the 7-12 ranges.
Does that make any sense. Thanks ....

View my Photos
MHarryE

2015-09-10          193627

If you have steering, you have shift oil. There is a pressure reducer valve that maintains 356 psi to the Glide Shift even when the steering pressure is much higher. If you have 6 distinct shifts, that means shift pistons 1, 2, and 3 are working properly and only 4, the shift piston for high & low range, is not working. ....

View my Photos
zspitzer

2015-09-11          193641

Hello MHarryE-Any suggestions on how to fix it short of taking it to the dealer. It's a long way to the nearest dealer. If I take the cover off of the selonoid housing will all oil come out or is there a shut off to prevent that from happening. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login