Go Bottom Go Bottom

B2620 implement arms won t move

View my Photos
jrowley2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-07-27          193191

Problem developed worsened over time. Now the lift arms don't move. Originally turning the lowering speed adjustment valve seemed to help. Change that valve?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-07-28          193197

Hi and welcome to TP!

You are talking about the 3PH hitch I assume. The lowering knob just controls how quickly the pressure in the 3PH is released. Have you ever changed the hydraulic fluids,filters and transmission screen? How long ago?

Is the 3PH lever constricted in any way? ....

View my Photos
jrowley2

2015-07-28          193198

Yes, 3 pt hitch. Changed the fluid and filters yesterday.

The lever is not constricted. Every thing looks intact but it moves too easily. ....

View my Photos
jobone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-07-28          193199

There are a few types of 3PH problems. Does not go up, does not stay up, does not go down.

If you have a loader does it work? If not probably hydraulic pump issue related. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2015-07-28          193200

Is the lever working right? You stated it slowed down, lever travel is critical. ....

View my Photos
jrowley2

2015-07-28          193201

The front bucket is fine.

The lever moves freely but feels disengaged

I don't know what the transmission screen is. I changed both filters. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-07-28          193209

I have a B 2710 and without looking at think the lever uses a roll pin connect to the shaft. It is possible it has sheared or fallen out. That could explain it working different over time as it was shearing or falling out. If so should be low cost and easy fix. Follow the full linkage for think it may have two places where roll pin is installed. If you need me to can look this evening at mine to be sure. kt ....

View my Photos
jrowley2

2015-07-28          193210

Wish that was the problem. Pin is in. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2015-07-28          193211

Did you notice any change in sounds? ....

View my Photos
jrowley2

2015-07-28          193212

No ....

View my Photos
Art White

2015-07-29          193215

There is only one part that if all else is working right that is causing this problem. The control valve for the three point hitch must have failed. We have had no issues with these at this point and I would be double checking the linkage! ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-07-29          193216

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowley2 | view 193210
Wish that was the problem. Pin is in.

Have you had someone to work the lever and you watch to be sure the linkage into the transmission was moving? ....

View my Photos
jrowley2

2015-07-29          193218

Yes. The linkage is working; the piece going into the transmission does turn. However it doesn't have any tension.

View my Photos
WillieH

2015-07-29          193220

I have attached in my pictures (sorry, not savvy enough to pull into this thread),a reasonably generic Kubota hydraulic lift arm cylinder breakdown. Truthfully, the aspect of the roll pin internally might have failed, or the cylinder o-ring has failed. Neither of which are difficult repairs. In an earlier post you mentioned that this was a slow progression over time. The o-ring failure would develop this way, especially if at some point some ridiculous weight was being picked up or strained the lift arms, damaging the o-ring. The other, as mentioned would be the internal roll pin. Perhaps it sheared and was merely catching on a nub for a period of time before she let go all together. In any event, I would look at these two potentials.
Hope this helps
Best ~
Willie H. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2015-07-29          193221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art White | view 193215
There is only one part that if all else is working right that is causing this problem.The control valve for the three point hitch must have failed.We have had no issues with these at this point and I would be double checking the linkage!

The poster had a stuck 3PH auger last year. I wonder if all the stress from that compromised the 3PH control valve. ....

Link:   Stuck Auger 3PH will not lift

View my Photos
jrowley2

2015-07-29          193222

Thanks for the discussion. I will post the answer when I get it. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-07-29          193224

If you were using a PTO post hole digger the way I think you would have damaged the lift would have been trying to lift the stuck auger out the ground.

View my Photos
jrowley2

2015-07-29          193225

Just to try and clear my shaky reputation, the auger problem turned out to be going too deep with the auger. The problem was easily remedied without stress on the tractor. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2015-07-29          193226

If the load was more then what it is supposed to be with being caught in the ground? ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-07-29          193227

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowley2 | view 193225
Just to try and clear my shaky reputation,the auger problem turned out to be going too deep with the auger. The problem was easily remedied without stress on the tractor.

Your reputation is not shaky with me. We all either have had a tractor problem, have a tractor problem or only run to the mail box and back. Or don't have a tractor which is also a tractor problem!

On the digger, was helping a nephew dig some post holes in a pasture with some trees. We caught a good root and before you could hit a clutch the front end was in the air and the auger screw securely into a mat of roots. A real mess. Had to take pto off and use iron bar to unscrew the auger. That was when I decided I wanted a hyd auger with reverse to it. no still don't have one but don't use auger much either. If I were going to get one would want a hyd hung from front end loader so easy to watch and reverse. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2015-07-29          193228

Ah that brings back memories to me as well. Was putting in telephone pole cut-offs for fence posts. Drilling my holes into a bank of sorts at the edge of the road. .. . otherwise flat lawn. The auger caught hold down under, and down she went! As you pointed out kt, faster than the clutch could be thought of. Tried with a bar to reverse the auger...no luck. Disconnected the digger from the tractor and there she sat. LOL
A neighbor stopped by with his orange, and we tried to lift the bugger out...no luck. We then REALLY showed the town folk how it was done, as the two of us muscled the darn thing around in circles to reverse the direction. Eventually we got her out and reattached, but not without A LOT of sweat, certain embarassment, and A LOT of laughs! Now if I want a hole for a post, I'll dig with my backhoe and backfill! LOL
Best
Willie H ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-09-02          193507

jrowley have you gotten it fixed?

Willie, you know that buried auger would have made a great anchor for a corner post. I wonder if anyone has made a pto auger with a reverse in the gear box? kt ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2015-09-05          193552

I think you earlier asked about the filter screen and it wasn't answered. Some tractors (don't know about yours) have not only a hyd spin-on filter that gets replaced, but a fine mesh screen that (after you locate it) gets removed, cleaned, and put back. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login