Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota Tractor Customer Service Issues

View my Photos
retcol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-11-16          191441

I thought the Kubota Corp. was a good company and put out a good product until I bought my Kubota Zero Turn Mower. Soon after I got it and with less than an hours time on it the mower began to drip oil. I felt it was a fault of manufacturing. The dealer wanted $80/hour to come and pick it up and deliver it again. I felt that since it was so new Kubota should pay for the cost of transporting. They refused. As a result I am unsure if I will ever buy another Kubota product.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-11-16          191445

I think Kubota is a fine company but never had any reason to test them for never needed any warranty service. Having said that had issues with what I thought was another fine company sort of like yours and when I finally went to the company direct got it resolved. Then found out there was sickness with one of the owners of the local dealership was the issue there. The short story follow up with the owner of the dealership and if nothing there then move up the food chain to Kubota. Will surprise me if you don't get help. kt ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-11-18          191455

One hour or 500 it makes no difference, I don't know of a manufacturer that pays for trucking on warrantee issues. Some updates might pay travel but it is rare to find. The dealer might but with reduced margins in the business even in the larger ag equipment the customer normally pays.

I'd look for a loose clamp on a line or center up to be sure of where the leak is coming from. To know what oil, hydraulic or engine would also help make determinations as to the problem as to if it is major or not. We have been called to pickup machines that just had excess oil dripping out from a sloppy fill and the delivery wash did not get it. ....

View my Photos
retcol

2014-11-26          191509

As a part of Quality Assurance I believe it should not be the customer's responsibility to underwrite the cost of paying for transportation when a problem existed at delivery.I don't like the attitude when the manufacture takes the attitude we will fix it later under warranty and let the customer bear the transportation cost. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2014-11-26          191510

We don't like it as a dealer either but it is a rare fix that any company that we sell for will pay for transportation. Years ago it was not as big of a cost compared to today for the trucking but times have changed. Even for a car or truck if the buyer deals tight some of the little things like these costs are harder to absorb.
We have been lucky as we are not the leaders to add this cost of ownership on the trucking in this area so many expect it.
It might be as little as a loose clamp that isn't part of the dealers assembly but the manufactuer. There might not even be a possible claim written to offset the time to fix. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-11-27          191516

I know Art is a reasonable person and trust his info here. I have tried to think on my buying and service experiences and have always been the one to haul my equipment from lawnmower to tractor. Not large machines but I paid for the hauling home of my M6800 Kubota tractor and also my mini excavator and always have hauled my riding mowers period and my current one is as heavy as my small tractor. The tractor repairs I have had were none warranty so hauling was mine or to hire just common sense.

It seems reasonable to think by me, such would be discussed in the sales process. ....

View my Photos
retcol

2014-11-28          191523

If I have owned a piece of a equipment for awhile I feel it is my responsibility to transport the item back to the dealership. However, when there is a problem immediately after delivery I think it should be the manufacturer's responsibility to underwrite all costs. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2014-11-28          191525

Since we don't know what the source of the oil leak is, it's awfully hard to speculate on who's 'fault' it is.

As you say, it started after an hours running time, it's not unusual to have minor issues like yours only appear after a bit of a shake-down run.

I'm quite sure you, like most purchasers, would rather give the machine it's first hours running time rather than having the dealer use it first to test it out.

For all we know it's just a hose that isn't quite tight enough, or ano-ring that got pinched during assembly.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
dtk1952

2014-11-28          191533

Tractor dealers are like car dealers, some are better than others. My Kubota dealer offered to come pick up my tractor at no charge after a hydraulic line blew. This was on a used tractor that I bought from them. Instead I just had them give me the part and installed it myself, made for a quicker turn around. This same dealership, prior to changing ownership, was one of the worst dealerships that I had been around. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-12-01          191550

Murf, did not chuckle out loud but I worked for a large equipment manufacturer for a few years. Over those years I was the inspector when the machine came off the assembly line and filed in where we load test the machine.

The reason for my chuckle was the directions called for easy operation during the break in period, while at the plant I ran them full throttle for over a half hour testing all systems,before it was load tested.

I agree, let me break in the machine. We also saw small oil leaks and such that really prove to be residue from the assembly and of course the blown hose that was defective. Never knew of a defective major component.

Back to Retcol, what has happened?

View my Photos
xperts

2015-02-01          191984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 191525
...For all we know it's just a hose that isn't quite tight enough, or ano-ring that got pinched during assembly. Best of luck.

You must be a Kubota dealer to be so totally accepting of obvious quality control problems at Kubota. How much kick back are you getting to post such bogus comments! ....

View my Photos
dtk1952

2015-02-01          191994

Quote:
Originally Posted by xperts | view 191984
You must be a Kubota dealer to be so totally accepting of obvious quality control problems at Kubota.How much kick back are you getting to post such bogus comments!
I notice that you are new to the forum. If you had been around for awhile you would know that Murf is an up front person and writes sensibly. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2015-02-02          192000

Quote:
Originally Posted by xperts | view 191984
You must be a Kubota dealer to be so totally accepting of obvious quality control problems at Kubota.How much kick back are you getting to post such b ...

No, not a dealer, no, no kick-backs.

If you look at my photos you'll see I have a 'few' Kubota products and have had for some years. I'm quite comfortable with the level of quality and quality control of their products.

BTW, I might point out that it's now been 2.5 months and we still don't have an answer on what the problem was. Curious that.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
xperts

2015-02-03          192005

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtk1952 | view 191994
I notice that you are new to the forum. If you had been around for awhile you would know that Murf is an up front person and writes sensibly.

Did not mean to ruffle any feathers. As this is a tractor forum with mostly big pieces of equipment I think this case is a little different.

Retol is probably just a residential guy doing his own lawn I am guessing. If he is a lawn service he is just a jerk that should just trailer back and not waste our time.

But if not he went the extra mile to not go to Lowes or Home Deport to buy junk, went the premium route on dollars. And if so it is just outrageous to me that the dealer will not be immediately responsive with a delivery flaw that the machine is DOA. This is much less about Kubota and more about the dealer he bought from.

And Murf yes Retol has been so quiet maybe it was his bad afterall ....:( ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login