Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lift link keeps bending and snapping

View my Photos
taheide
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-07-26          190772

I have a B2410 that I got in 2001 or 2, it has performed flawlessly since I got it, However this year I have had the threaded rod that connects the attachment lever to the lift arm break. I got a replacement one, had to order it of course, took 2 weeks, tractor out of commission until then, and replaced it, All was good, got the grass cut, parked it, and it sat for a few weeks. Went out today to mow down some weeds and halfway through, lift stopped working again, sure enough, the rod snapped again, this time I can see that is was bent prior to snapping. I have NO idea what is causing this to bend. I am using the same attachments that I have had on it since I got it 12+ years ago.

Any thoughts on why its bending? It goes from a lever attached to the hand lever and goes through a link on the right lift arm, and is held on by two nuts.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
taheide
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-07-27          190775

Found the problem. The "eye" piece it connects to is supposed to rotate in the lift arm. I took the snap ring off and pried the lift arm off the shaft and found that part is a separate piece. I was able to pound it out of the arm, cleaned the rust off, polished it and put if back in with some moly lube. Welded the broken rod together and back in operation. ....

View my Photos
crunch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-07-28          190781

Thanks for the update. I am finding all kinds of little things that go wrong after 11 years of tractor use and 1100 hours. My lift arm lost a pin this year while using the brushhog. I used a bolt to temporarily replace the pin until I could order the correct replacement. I believe the root cause was the small hitch pin that secures the larger pin in place gets bent and out of alignment over time and slips out. So I replaced that also. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-07-28          190782

It seems that many things are good when new but with time we find things that need attention that the manufacturers didn't know there would be an issue. Sometimes it's from lack of anticipated use and sometimes it's from more then normal use.

Time and age does not always help us! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login