Go Bottom Go Bottom

Advice please BX2360 500 hrs vs B2400 1 000 hrs

View my Photos
mabutler1969
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-06-07          190451

I am looking to purchase a subcompact or compact tractor to help maintain my 20 acres in and around my house.

I have settled on Kubota and have the option to pick up a BX2360 with 500 hours on it or a B2400 with 1,000 hours on it.

Just curious as to what members of the forum think about these two machines and which one you might go with. The BX2360 with belly mower is $7,500 and the B2400 with belly mower and front end loader is $9,000.

Appreciate opinions and thoughts. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-06-07          190452

I am sure this could start a firestorm, and it is not my intention. I have several B's, NOT BX's. The B's will offer you a heavier tractor overall, better clearance, more of a "farm tractor" feel than the BX models. What I have found and heard, is that the BX is more or less geared for the homeowner variety of chores, than the hobby farmer variety. Like I said, what I have heard. I personally, have friends that have gotten screwed with buying a BX, wishing afterwards they had gotten the B series. Whatever the case, it comes down to what your application needs are. If you are going to need a heavier tractor for your needs, the B2400 is a heavier model. If you will have clearance considerations, the B2400 sits considerably taller than the BX variety.
What are your expectations, and or your projected projects on the to do list? These may offer some insight for others opinions as well as to what will be the best fit for your needs. Personally, I like a bit over kill in machinery than underkill...but your ultimate decsion. Let us know what you desire to accomplish, and we can throw some ideas at you.
Best ~
Willie H.

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-06-09          190453

Mabutler,

The B2400 would be a far better choice for you, but with 20 acres you should really be looking for something even larger than the B2400. Maintaining 20 acres would be a bit too much to ask of either of these tractors.

Given the choice between the two, the B2400 would be my pick. The larger tires on the B series tractors make for a much better ride over rough ground.

The best part......the B series tractors have a full size category 1 3-point hitch, meaning that you could easily find implements to match. The BX tractors have a smaller 3-point hitch, requiring special implements that aren't easy to find. Used Cat1 implements are available at auction for little or nothing. You could easily fit your B2400 up with a used rear blade, rake, cultivator, plow, mower, etc. Not so easy to do with the BX tractor.

However, I'd be looking for something slightly larger, such as a Kubota L Series with about 40 horses.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Art White

2014-06-19          190482

So you have 20 acres but you don't say what it is! Is it woods, or fields that will need to be mowed.

I do agree that a larger size is needed. ....

View my Photos
crunch

2014-06-22          190504

My BIL just purchased a brand new BX25D. Definitely for home owners only.

The lift capacity on the bucket is only 540 lbs. I had recommended larger for even him on just 2 acres. There does not seem to be any quick disconnect for the bucket. Also the reversing seat used for both the tractor and the backhoe seems like it would be a real hassle if doing any real backhoe work.

After looking around with BIL I am really more impressed than ever with my old(2003) model 4310. Seems like there is less metal in newer tractors and I don't like all the levers (as opposed to switches on 4310). I now appreciate the thought that went into the 4310.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login