Go Bottom Go Bottom

installing a tank heater in radiator hose

View my Photos
dwarwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-03-01          189341

what is the proper installation for a tank heater on a Komatsu WB-140 backhoe? I need to identify what radiator hose line to cut; that will allow the heat to circulate the system.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-01          189343

Dwarwood,

Here's a video showing the best way to install a tank heater. There are many factors to consider and the video is great.

See link below.

Joel ....

Link:   Install a tank heater in your engine cooling system

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-02          189363

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarwood | view 189341
what is the proper installation for a tank heater on a Komatsu WB-140 backhoe? I need to identify what radiator hose line to cut; that will allow the heat to circulate the system.
Tank heaters do not go into the radiator hose. They go in the heater hose, and presumably your Komatsu has a cab heater. The flow is directional thru the tank heater, and you want water from the heater to enter the engine block first. From there, you install it at the lowest point in the hose. If that's not mechanically feasible, install it in the lowest spot on the return hose (coolant coming back from the cab and returning to the engine).

If you actually meant "inline radiator hose heater", disregard all of the above. They go insice the bottom radiator hose.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
Art White

2014-03-05          189417

Most Kubota engines use in block heaters. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login