Go Bottom Go Bottom

What have you hit with your Kubota Tractor ROPS

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-11          183107

I have the foldable ROPS. I need to lower the ROPS to get the tractor in the garage. If I don't lower it the tractor won't clear by just 1/2 inch or so. To help me should I make an error and forget to lower it I have wrapped foundation insulation around the top of the ROPS so that it will wedge sooner than later.

In practice I always place an obstacle in the garage door bay after pulling out to block my entrance.

Nonethless I must concede that on more than one occasion, like when an rain storm has come suddenly and I have pulled into one of the other empty bays, I have gotten wedged in. The solution has been to deflate the tires and back out, so far no damage to the garage or tractor :)

Taller garage foors would be great!

The other thing I have snagged is my ROPS mounted lights. Mostly when I had them mounted on the outside of the ROPS, catching on tree branches. I now have them inside mounted, and now more problems.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

What have you hit with your Kubota Tractor ROPS

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-25          183341

Be sure not to add canopy. Folding down ROPS is no longer option.

I backed tractor with canopy under shelter one day with heavy load on 3pth and disconnected it. Well was able to drive out due to canopy sloping forward but getting back in there was a problem. So check clearance with full tires and no weight on tractor. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login