Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota 7100D Clutch remains engaged

View my Photos
pwarren
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-01-13          182071

I have 7100D and was out blowing some heavy snow with blade and loader. Clutch pedal started to feel odd - like the load was just the return spring not the clutch. Sure enough, a few more engagements and the clutch was locked engaged. Got it back in the shed - could smell some clutch but not too bad. Adjusted the return bolt so i could force the pedal below the normal full engagement - at this point I can barely start the machine without it chugging forward in a gear - so I'm still mostly engaged. Tell me there is a potential fix to this without having to split it - it's cold and I don't have heated shop.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-01-13          182072

There's a possibility that the bearing carrier retainer pin has given up the ghost. That's what hold the TOB solid as you push it into the clutch release fingers with your foot. Or the bearing carrier return spring has broken. Unfortunately - unless you have a lot of working room through the inspection window - fixing either one requires splitting the tractor as well.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
pwarren

2012-01-13          182074

Thanks for your post. Makes sense. Doesn't feel like a wear problem - not too many hours on it, no signs leading up to this, and I'm pretty good to a clutch. Trouble is, if I split, i'm doing it all and likely tossing some otherwise good components. Sucks to be me ;(

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-01-14          182086

Double check that the fork or some other linkage didn't bend and thus reduce the effective travel.

Whereabouts are you?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
pwarren

2012-01-14          182087

Thanks for the response. Ended up taking it to the dealer. Too cold in Brockville to work on this without a heated shop! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login