Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota R Series Tractor Review Advice

View my Photos
CFECO1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-12-29          181810

I am looking for a tractor to do mountain road maintenance. Over the years we have been renting JD 310 loader-backhoes, as we need the backhoe to dig the rock and the loader to clear and smooth the road. I am developing the property up there and will be building a cabin, so will need to dig footings, water and sewer line trenches. I'm very interested in the smaller articulated loader-backhoes, and am leaning toward construction quality machines verses farm duty. Has anyone had experience with the Kubota R-300,400,500 series?

Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-12-30          181836

I've been amazed that more have not been sold! In Europe they are very popular but they are used differently then skid steers often being driven for greater distances.

We have not had any problems with them as far as repairs although some like o use them for more then they were meant to be used for. Reliability wise they are near perfect. ....

View my Photos
CFECO1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-12-30          181838

Thanks, I feel a "construction" machine is desirable over a "farm" machine for rough work. These machines, with hydraulics to the rear and a backhoe factory available, makes for a good combo. I would like to know more about the "Variable load transmission", is it just a "Hydrostatic", and what kind o road speed do they have?

Thanks again! ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-01-03          181861

We've got a couple of R420's, they're bullet-proof, even the young kids can't tear them up!

They aren't designed for high-speed travel though, wide open they'll just tickle 12 mph, but in a small articulated loader that's plenty.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login