Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota drain plug

View my Photos
mcartsetc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-11-08          181133

Does anybody know what the drain plug lower left rearend below the PTO is for ??
I unscrewed it to check all my fluid levels but this one was dry as a bone...Its strange because the rearend works off the hydro fluid in the trany so I was told.
1986 kubota B8200 4x4 Does the PTO have a fluid Chamber ??
Thanks
Mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota drain plug

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-09          181138

I'm pretty sure there should be fluid back there. ;)

Are you sure it wasn't so low there just wasn't any back there? Or that there was so much sludge it blocked the opening?

The easy test is to fill it to the correct spot on the sight glass and then remove that plug for a second. If you get fluid you know there was a problem before.

BTW, for a tractor to be low enough on fluid that the hyd. start to cavitate, it's got to be REALLY low.

Best of luck. ....

Kubota drain plug

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-09          181140

Just wondering, how do you know it is a "drain plug"? Do you have manual for the tractor and does it show the drain plugs? ....

Kubota drain plug

View my Photos
mcartsetc

2011-11-09          181145

Were would you add fluid to it . this chamber must not be connected to the trans or or rearend . but there was a dry tary like subbstances on the drain plug when i unscrewed it. Theres no glass to see fluid level anywhere. just dipstick on tranny but the fill hole for the hydraulic fuild, one smaller in front of the seat and one larger fill cap under the seat....I stuck the dip stick down the larger fill hole under the seat when I fill the hydraulic fluid to make sure there was fluid in the rearend part. and it was full from a fresh hydro fluid change i just did. To anser your question Kthompson It was a drain hole of some sort because it was large like a drain plug and not holding anything on. I do have a parts manual but it does not show a plug there..
Any other suggestions on it ?
Does the PTO have a fluid chamber ??
Thanks
Mike ....

Kubota drain plug

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-11-09          181148

Mike, was not being smart as to knowing if drain plug. Have a Kubota model about same as your's and can not remember a drain plug in that area. It sounds a like a drain plug from your description. Lets see if we can get Art to help us, he is a Kubota dealer.

Kubota drain plug

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-11-10          181157

Condensation drain? ....

Kubota drain plug

View my Photos
Art White

2011-11-10          181158

I'm a bit handicapped here as I don't have a tractor here near that model.
I don't have a owners manual to use as a reference and the parts break down doesn't show a plug.
I do know that it wouldn't have anything to do with the pto as that is run from the main clutch on the tractor. I did like the reply for condensation. You have to remember these little tractors were first designed for working in rice paddies! ....

Kubota drain plug

View my Photos
mcartsetc

2011-11-10          181166

Thank you For your help. I dont think its any problem So I will just leave well enough alone. Tractor seems to work just fine. Just thought I would through it out there to see if someone knew what this plug was for..... You Guys are a great help....I really think its a condensation drain. So I will let it go at that......Thanks
Mike ....

Kubota drain plug

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2011-11-18          181251

I don't think you will be seeing much condensation out in Arizona :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login