Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L3800 review

View my Photos
chrbranic1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-06-17          179050

Has anyone on this site bought one yet? I dont see anything about them good or bad. We just ordered one, thinking maybe the model is new enough not to have sold many yet, just curious.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota L3800 review

View my Photos
Moss3200

2011-06-24          179151

I have just purchased a L3200 4x4 HST. So far so good. It makes good power an it is a solid tractor for its size. I'm very satisfied so far. It barely a month old an has 7.3 hrs on it. The only thing that I wish it had was tilt steering but that's just preference. It is very comfortable. It has 26pto hp an can turn a 5ft shredder pretty darn good for it's size. Perfect size tractor for me an my needs. The L3800 is the same identical unit as mine just with more HP. Hope this helps an answers ur question. Then the price I got it for was comparable to the JD's an newholland. The Kubota has more lifting cap. at the 3pt an loader. Price was a little cheaper than the other brands. Got mine with loader for 18,200. ....

Kubota L3800 review

View my Photos
chrbranic1

2011-06-26          179179

I now have the 3800 and put 15 hours on it, its just what we needed. It was priced at 13,835,FEL for 4,250, tooth bar for a 66" bucket at 400, 60" BEFCO rotary cutter 1,625 and 60" box blade for 900. Hope that helps anyone shopping around. I am still needing a post hole digger and a rake. Any suggestions on what to look for as far as buying a used post hole digger. I need to place about 200 fence poles then not use the digger much more if any.
The only bad things that about the tractor so far is its gotten three flats on the front tires. Not sure if its the stobs sticking up as a result from the cutter or some large thorns laying around from the small trees that we mowed down. Either way the tire guy says for about 150 bucks a front tire he will fill them with foam, problem solved.
This is my fist tractor so the learning curve is steep. Lesson one with the rotary cutter was how to properly apply power to the blade. Its not RPM then clutch out, its clutch out then RPM. That was a eighty five dollar lesson on how to replace half of the drive shaft on the cutter.
Other than flats and my learning its a good machine so far.

Kubota L3800 review

View my Photos
chrbranic1

2011-08-11          179773

L3800,at 55 hours two problems, both should be a simple fix. Oil leak on the transmission and the micro switch which allows the the ignition system to know the tractor is in neutral does not work correctly. Enjoying the machine its doing more than expected. ....

Kubota L3800 review

View my Photos
Sadie72

2011-12-31          181841

Hello, I just ordered a L3800 HST 4x4 w/524 66" bucket, BH77 backhoe. Should be ideal for my needs to bush hog and manage my wood lot.
How do you like the tractor, any problems or concerns since your last post?
FYI, after months of research and numerous price quotes, I settled for $29k. Included items were loaded R4s, block heater, rear tire spacers for chains, 66" QA bucket, BH77 w/mechanical thumb and 16" bucket + delivery.

Can't wait for next Thursday!

Kubota L3800 review

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2012-01-02          181852

I traded for a L3800 with a 524FEL and a 60" rotary cutter in September and I have about 25 hours on it. I have had no problems and I am very happy with it. The backhoe would have been a nice addition but I couldn't justify the
extra cost. Enjoy your tractor and all the attachments.

Dave in Idaho ....

Kubota L3800 review

View my Photos
billtreat

2012-01-10          181974

I have an L3410,575hrs on it, was working on a hill side and blew the front tire put in a tube prob. solved. Made a rake for it myself,bought a backhoe it was worn out he said it was ready to work,never should have listened to that guy, fixed everything, ok know. In the process of installing a coolant filter, then a bypass oil filter. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login