Go Bottom Go Bottom

Need some help with my Kubota L2850 4X4 with a Loader

View my Photos
runabout65
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-04-18          178043

Before I start sinking alot of money right off the bat I need some help in finding out my problem. I rebuilt my starter and put a new battery on but I can't get it to start or turn over. When I push the clutch in it clicks on the opposite side. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-19          178046

"I rebuilt my starter and put a new battery on but I can't get it to start or turn over. When I push the clutch in it clicks on the opposite side."

Not sure I understand the second sentence but I'd suggest in order
-check the battery ground
-short the starter (using proper technique) to confirm that it and the battery work
-bypass the safety interlocks
-test the key switch.

View my Photos
runabout65

2011-04-19          178053

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 178046
"I rebuilt my starter and put a new battery on but I can't get it to start or turn over. When I push the clutch in it clicks on the opposite side."Not sure I understand the second sentence but I'd suggest in order -check the battery ground -short the starter (using proper technique) to confirm that it and the battery work -bypass the safety interlocks -test the key switch.

auerbach, when you set on the seat the clutch and starter and all is on the left side. When I turn the key over to start it, its on the right side, it clicks on the right side. Still checking things out. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-19          178057

Don't have the model Kubota you do but not aware of any thing on the right side to make a clicking sound, other than could it be the key switch? ....

View my Photos
runabout65

2011-04-20          178067

Well I've checked on it all day and I found that the Key Fuse was blown. Haven't put it on yet but I'll let you all know if it corrects it or not. ....

View my Photos
runabout65

2011-05-12          178427

Thanks for all of your response. Well I did find the problem. I put the fuses in as the Dealer told me to do but it still did not start. Still made the clicking sound on the right side as you were seating on the seat.

The problem was the Voltage Regularity. We started running a volt test on everything and we noticed that the points were not ingaging or moving at all. The problem was that the wire was broke into some where between the battery and the voltage regulatority. Put another wire on and the problem is solved and the tractor has and is running fine now. By the way the regulatority is on the other side also. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login