Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota M126X Fuel Consumption

View my Photos
joshv53
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-11          176823

I have been looking at buying a new M126X however the dealer has been very unhelpful answering my main question, What is the fuel consumption data for this tractor. I know a lot depends on what implement you are pulling and such, but I know JD gives you around 6 different scenarios and what the fuel use will be on all their tractor models. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-11          176824

Even if you had consumption data covering certain standardized applications, you'd presumably want work-output figures to go with them. What if the Kubota uses 5% more fuel than another brand -- but does 10% more work?

Given the cost of this unit, I should think that the fuel would be relatively negligable. You can presumably get road-tax-free diesel, and then deduct the cost from your income. And I doubt any motor would be more fuel-efficient that a Kubota turbo. ....

View my Photos
joshv53
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-11          176827

Yes I know this however I still need to see the data to make my decision. Even with getting tax free diesel it is still 3.00 per gallon. If one model is even .5 gallons per hr more efficient that will translate into a few thousand dollars a year savings. does anyone know if this data exists? ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-12          176831

Point taken, but it's more complex measuring it in tractors than in cars.

However, the US-govt-supported Nebraska Tractor Tests measured the "HP-hrs/gal" of some 700 models, and there's another more recent comparison. I reviewed the results, and in both, generally the Deeres tested were distinctly more fuel-efficient than the Kubotas tested. The model you're interested in was not tested. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login