Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B8200 Dynamo Alternator tests

View my Photos
Crispian
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-11          175674

Still having issues with my B8200 electrical. Are there tests for determining if the dynamo is still good? Can such tests be self-performed or do I need to run the dynamo to the Kubota dealer. Is this something that a car parts store could test?
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-17          175813

Surprise this has sat here so long so you may have your answer by now.
Do you mean alternator? I would think any body who can test alternators can test yours.

What is the problem you suspect? System not charging? Before I pulled it would test all connections and battery first. Do you have any way to test voltage yourself?

Went back and found your other thread. Have your checked your battery connections yet? Not to see if just tight have you pulled and cleaned them. On both ends of both cables? Also same on wires on the alternator again both ends. Get some terminal cleaner for contacts as sometimes terminals are hard to tell there is corrosion to prevent solid connections. ....

View my Photos
Crispian
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-28          176000

Thanks, kthompson. The battery was good. I did pull the terminals on both ends. I'll be okay if I don't run the lights. The older tractors have a dynamo instead of an alternator. I'm afraid mine shot. Thanks again. ....

View my Photos
leejohn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-31          176064

The dynamo has a Ohms test on the stator, but I couldn't find it. Take the belt off and make sure it turns easy and no side or in and out play in the pully. I'm not sure but the reg. could also have a ohms test. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login