Go Bottom Go Bottom

Operate a rear hydraulic cylinder with joy stick

View my Photos
retcol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-19          174649

Has anyone operated a hydraulic cylinder on a pull behind implement with the joy stick for the loader? If so how does it work? I have a 7 foot haybine that I want to pull. I was using my Farmall SMTA with wide front but it doesn't have power steering so I wanted to use my Kubota L4330.I was going to buy another hydraulic cylinder just for use with the Kubota and then get some long hoses to run from where the loader hydraulics hook up. I had priced an auxiliary valve for the L4330 but I thought it was too expensive. Also too expensive to put power steering on the SMTA.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-19          174654

Sure. That's why some tractors have a pair of auxiliary hydraulic fittings, usually with quick-connecters on the tractor rear. I'd suggest that as your first step. Some serious tractors have four remotes. But you have to know what you're doing because a wrong connection can damage the system and improper work can damage you. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-19          174659

Retcol;
I won't give any Kubota advise but am a bit curious about your SMTA.
I used to collect and restore letter series Farmalls, but have since quit the restoration and sold down to three, two "H's" and Cub.
Something turned the SMTA's to gold the last few years, I guess because they were the first Farmalls with a TA. I never had one and am not in the market, but be warned the scalpers will be on you like ugly on an ape trying to swindle you out of the SMTA, no mater what the condition.
I haven't been to an auction for several years but I've heard by second hand info of them topping ten grand.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-19          174662

I don't see why you couldn't. BUT, you need to either use only the circuit for the loader arms OR be sure the combo valve (joystick) does NOT have a regenerative circuit for the bucket dump circuit. That circuit if it has one, combines the fluid leaving the rod-side of the cylinder and adds it to the incoming pressure to extend side. I just found this out while reading my New Holland service manual. They say it increases dump cycle time to prevent cavitation as would happen if gravity took over as it dumped.

I added a factory rear remote tpo my CUT at a cost of $500---pricey but worth it. Then I added two manual selector valves. The remote lines run to two 4-way valves which allow 3 circuits to be controlled---the hydraulic quick attach mounting system, the hydraulic top link, and an aux. circuit. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login