Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota deck RCK54-18Z replaceing blade holding blolt

View my Photos
wizardonrun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-13          173096

I have a crossthreaded bolt holding up the left blade, that I need to replace, but cant figure out how to remove the pulley from the top. any one have documentation on this?

Thanks
Frank

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-15          173147

Is there a nut seen from on top on the shaft? If so remove it while holding the blade from underneath, tap the shaft down and the pulley should come off. Be sure to not lose the shaft key which may be half-moon (Woodruff key) or a square bar. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-16          173177

Frank, if you're talking about the bolt that the blade spins on, I think you'll find the pulley does not have to come off, and in fact it won't help one bit taking it off.

There is a shoulder on the top and bottom of the 'quill' assembly (the bearing/pulley/hub assembly the blade mounts to) and the big bolt just sandwiches the blade against those shoulders.

All you have to do is get the nut off with your favourite flavour of tool, sawzall, grinder, torch, etc., etc., and just put in a new one after.

Just be careful not to screw up the quill assembly, they're not cheap and a PITA to replace compared to just the bolt.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login