Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota vs Deere vs holland for 10 acre

View my Photos
philip33
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-30          172008

Help..... which is the best deal..... total cost
I have 10 acres all clear and flat will be planting fruit tree about 40 and grapes

any suggest ....

Second new vs used .....i am think new

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-07-01          172012

Boy what a wide open slate here:
First you must know your budget. Then realize depending on what you will be doing (write this down so you don't miss any implement needed) the price of attachments and implements can approach or exceed the tractor price.
Today's market new offers better financing than used if that is important. If financing look at all cost including insurance.
If you are sharp you can save a good bit buying used, if not you will pay more for junk than new might be. Work on your what I want to do list (written down, more detail than you might expect..not just mowing but mowing rough grass or lawn quality) what you want to do around the trees and grape vines long term and might suggest you even make appointment with salesman at dealership for the brands you like (the ones you have listed are the big ones) and go over your needs and limits. You want a salesman who is an asset regardless the brand you get.

Most people will end up finding more uses over time and often that means need for more horse power and not less. One other side note, are you consider a farmer by your state? If not find out the requirements, limits and benefits. Do this before you buy as in some states that affects sales tax. Do talk with your accountant on this, this is a long term deal.

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-07-01          172014

A B-series would work fine depending on your sprayer needs for the fruit trees.

It seems that most people don't anticipate the actual spread of the trees well as they get older and then they find they need a smaller tractor to get around them. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-07-01          172019

They all three build good equipment, and sometimes the bottom dollar bid isn't your best choice.
A good solid dealership with a good parts and service department can make or break your tracor ownership experience. All brands can and will break down and need regular maintenece that sometimes can be above our limits so far as some of the more refined service things. Don't be tempted to drive three states away to skip the sales tax, that will come back yo haunt you when you need service on a tractor that's broke down in the field.
Find a good local dealer you are comfortable with and forget the color, they will all do the job. ....

View my Photos
AbbasChild

2010-07-01          172021

I would agree with what has already been said.

Know what you want to do then buy extra hp--you'll always find a use for it, but don't go so big that it is a hinderance.

I recently bought a new NH T2210--70plus hours in the seat. The key is a good relationship with the dealer, before I bought it and now afterwards. They have helped me work through all of those questions I never thought to ask. So far it has been a great match for what we need it to do and for going around fences and through our barn--any bigger and I would not be able to maneuver around tight spots.

Ask around to find out what dealer is good--the locals usually know and will tell you who to stay away from.

Have fun and don't rush the decision.

View my Photos
AbbasChild

2010-07-01          172024

And don't forget to test drive them all--them drive them again and again. They will feel different on different days. Finding one that fits your body size will make hours of operating it more enjoyable!

AC ....

View my Photos
philip33

2010-07-01          172030

THANK YOU! Many good points........I think i am looking for around 30 hp tractor......a mower for 3 ac. bush hog for the rest, a tiller and maybe a post hole digger.....the tractor i think i can afford new.....the rest...implements ???? new vs used

Yes i will check with the tax folks i never gave that a thought

Thanks again
PHILIP
philip ....

View my Photos
philip33

2010-07-01          172031

Many thanks to all ....all good down to earth info
most i had not thought of .......
many many Thanks

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-07-01          172032

By far the most usefull attachment for your tractor will be a front end loader.
A loader of the same brand as the tractor you choose is a better chioce than an aftermarket "Will Fit" loader. The mounting points are in the right places for the tractor, the hydraulics are designed to correspond with your tractor. I'd ask the dealer you chose to work up a package of the tractor and the proper sized loader.
The newer loaders are of a quick mount design that come off and back on easily, along with quick attach buckets that can accomadate forks for pallet handling, etc, etc.
My 4310 Deere with a 430 loader I use almost daily for lifting, moving, or something. My loader has never been off the tractor in the ten years I've had the tractor.
Three point mount impliments can be of any brand they all fit the same. There are many good used impliments around for lots less than new cost, so new isn't necessary. If the machine has been beat to death just pass and wait for another one. Bush Hog type rotary cutters probably lead the hardest life, but all but the worst can be rebuilt.
Blades, landscape rakes, tillers, box blades and many other three point attachments will look and be almost good as new for years after the first buyer brought them home. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-07-02          172042

This no doubt varies from area to area but here you probably could find a good used PTO auger (another thread here is discussing this implement) but on the rough cut mower count on new and the finishing mower might can find a good one of those uses as some people have parked them for the zero turn mowers. Ask your dealer, they often know if one of their customers has such for sale if they don't.

A dealership you can develop a good relationship with is worth a lot. ....

View my Photos
philip33

2010-07-02          172053

Many thanks to all

Ok here where I think am at, New tractor, with loader, new bush hog or equal and find a good dealer

I am correct it is toss-up as to brand of tractor…….as to dependably……?????

think…...... I am leaning towards the Deere......3032E This has been suggest to me

any thoughts? Would this be a good answer

nothing is chiseled into stone I am learning……..I want and hope to pick the right tractor/equipment

again thank you all ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-07-03          172066

Buying something new wnen choosing between different brands can get so confusing that youre not sure which brand offers what after a while. I used to get into this when trading cars and pickups till I finally settled on a brand I liked and a dealer I trusted and just sorta let them take it from there. This has worked well for me on autos and pickups and also with farm and garden equipment. I have been a Deere user for a long time basicly because of the dealership and also good results with the products. I'm not acquainted with the 3032E but have been pleased with my 4310/430 loader combination for ten years.
As KT said the dealership is your key to your good or bad tractor experience, if the Deere deal;ership is the one you are comfortable with then I'd go with the 3032E/305 Loader combination.
Most all brands offer a ballast box as an attachment for their loaders as Deere does for the 305. You do need some addional weight on the back for saftey and traction reasons, but I've always thought of the factory ballast box as a waste of money, it isn't good for anything else. My thought is taking the cost of the ballast box and putting that money toward a box blade does two things, it gives you the ballast on the rear plus a box blade is a very usefull attachment.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
Lwayne

2010-07-05          172090

Philip, Just a question. Have you looked at Bobcat? The reason I ask is I was recently comparing a 3038e to a ct440 and the Bobcat won in just about every aspect, weight, price, features . . . I went with the Bobcat. Those ten ply 16" front tires (Deere has 14" six ply) are just the thing when carrying a load of gravel. The extra weight doesn't hurt either. Plus, when loading 11.2 x 24 rear tires with fluid you get about 250# per tire; with 13.6 x 24 you get about 400#. Saving 4-6 grand may be a factor as well. ....

View my Photos
philip33

2010-07-05          172091

No I have not, However, will!

I never thought about a Bobcat
I if there is a dealer near-by
will check them out... I think there is one within an hour
Thanks for the tip ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-07-05          172094

If you are or know a current Ford Motor employee you can buy a New Holland at whatever dealer cost is (factory invoice---not dealer invoice). I saved about $3,500 on my blue CUT and about $14,000 on my skid steer. ....

View my Photos
Lwayne

2010-07-05          172097

Philip, I should have pointed out that I wound up going with a cab model so it turned out comparing a JD 3520 to a Bobcat ct440, which is why the $ savings would be higher. The 3038e isn't a very high priced tractor to begin with. Just the same, I think the ct440, ct445 and ct450 are sized between JD 3000 series and 4000 series, which was perfect for me. The cab on the 3520 was just too small and the larger tire size was definitely a factor. There's a huge difference between a 14" 6 ply tire and a 16" 10 ply tire when doing heavy loader work. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-07-05          172102

Lwayne, I have heard very little about how well the Bobcat tractors are doing and the support of them by Bobcat. The company who makes the tractors is who bought Bobcat correct? Are they using their engines in the Bobcat equipment now or do you know?

View my Photos
Lwayne

2010-07-05          172104

kt, In as much as Bobcat Headquarters are only 75 miles south of me (West Fargo) the only name you hear is Bobcat. I've seen different "buyout" posts but it doesn't seem to effect Bobcat's business focus if they're true - or to what extent they're true. Around here Bobcat is Bobcat; no mention of Kioti or Daedong. When I bought my ct440 I asked and my salesman said Daedong is changing their specs to match Bobcats. Didn't Kioti make a model change in 2007? That would certainly account for my front R1 tires being 10 ply instead of 6 considering their workhorse reputation. With the amount of Bobcat skid steers, etc. around it's hard to believe the CUT service would be any different. I hope my response was helpful. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-07-06          172116

Lwayne, it was. The Bobcat dealership here is not very visible from main highway so no idea if they are stocking any tractors. Can not think of seeing a Bobcat tractor locally. ....

View my Photos
Lwayne

2010-07-06          172119

kt, For another perspective, I went to see the Case/NH (NH 3040) dealer as well when I was trying to put a deal together. He had no CUTs on the lot at all. "They don't sell," was his response to my wanting to know why. After a few minutes it was easy to see why they don't sell. When I told him I was looking at a comparable Bobcat he actually said, "I won't be able to touch it." His price turned out to be higher before the loader was even included. Deere, on the other hand, has rows of CUTs (2305 - 15k w/loader & mower I think) so they seem to be competing. I don't believe this NH dealership is representative of the company at large, though, as I've tried to deal with him before with little success. If I was looking for 300 to 500 hp he has plenty of them on the lot. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login