Go Bottom Go Bottom

bx2360 diesel fuel requirements

View my Photos
unit5alive
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-24          171046

Hi guys my dad just bought a used 2009 bx2360, it has a sticker near the fuel filler that says low or ultra low sulfer fuel only, my question is I have always run the high sulfer red colored off road diesel in mine (03 bx2200), my dads other tractor runs on great on it , is there any reason why it can't be run on off road diesel?
I know its a emission related thing, but is there anything that will be damaged by running off road diesel in it?,thanks in advance, Craig.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
99beast

2010-05-24          171063

The clear or dyed fuel has nothing to do with the sulfur content of the fuel. I can't speak for your location in the east but 90% plus of all diesel terminals in the US don't have anything but ultra low sulfur diesel fuel in their pipelines. Your dyed #2 or clear #2 from any truckstop or fuel vendor will work fine. I would recommend a lubricity additive available at any parts store to protect your injector system. The minimum lubridity requirement in these new fuels is not adequate for long engine life. I work for one of the largest farm supply companies in Nebraska and we provide diesel fuel to over 5000 farm and industry customers annually. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-24          171072

I think the sticker's saying "this engine is designed to withstand low-sulphur fuel."

Red means road-tax free for off-road use. There was a time when red was high sulphur but not any more.

If you can get high-sulphur, you can use it, but keep the exhaust downwind of any kids. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2010-05-25          171073

All of our diesel fuel at the pumps says ultra low sulfer.
The red off road (I think its 500ppm)is what we have always used in our tractors a long with the power service additive in the white bottle, never had a problem so far, I just wanted to make sure their wasn't some type of catylist in the muffler, like running leaded fuel in a car damaging the converter type deal, thanks guys!,Craig. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login