Go Bottom Go Bottom

M9000 Cab 4WD

View my Photos
atnvol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-25          170306

What are some opinions on a 2005 Kubota m9000 4wd cab tractor? I have heard that the earlier year models had severe clutch issues and poor a/c performance. Does anyone know if the later models(i.e. 2005) had improvements on these issues?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

M9000 Cab 4WD

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-26          170321

We have had no issues with either in NY. We do have these tractors out with several thousand hours on them doing all types of farm work. ....

M9000 Cab 4WD

View my Photos
atnvol

2010-04-26          170327

Thanks for the reply Art. I am looking at a 9000 coming up for auction and had read about some problems and was hoping that these issues had been resolved in the latter years of production of the 9K's . Regards, Mike ....

M9000 Cab 4WD

View my Photos
osut362

2010-04-26          170345

i own an m9000dtc. '06 model, 220hours and i bought it new. it has not been problem free. dealer cant keep the a/c working more than a month at a time, lift pump quit at 175 hours, fuel guage is unreliable, raido speakers (kubota factory, not dealer) had to be replaced. clutch is "grabby", sometimes smooth sometimes not. FEL is the same way and hard to feather, move the joystick a little and the bucket will jump, next time it moves slowly. tractor is light in weight and wants to spin the tires. and YES some do have clutch problems. my neighbor has 2 m9000's for hay work and both have had the clutches replaced. there is a reason kubota doesnt make the m9000 any longer....i wish i had never bought it........al ....

M9000 Cab 4WD

View my Photos
atnvol

2010-04-27          170352

Thanks for the reply Al. I am having serious second thoughts about this model. I appreciate your forthrightness. A/C issue is a big deal here in the humid south. I hope things work out for you with this tractor. Regards, Mike ....

M9000 Cab 4WD

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-06          170583

Quote:
Originally Posted by osut362 | view 170345
i own an m9000dtc.'06 model, 220hours and i bought it new.it has not been problem free.dealer cant keep the a/c working more than a month at a time, lift pump quit at 175 hours, fuel guage is unreliable, raido speakers (kubota factory, not dealer) had to be replaced.clutch is "grabby", sometimes smooth sometimes not.FEL is the same way and hard to feather, move the joystick a little and the bucket will jump, next time it moves slowly.tractor is light in weight and wants to spin the tires.and YES some do have clutch problems.my neighbor has 2 m9000's for hay work and both have had the clutches replaced.there is a reason kubota doesnt make the m9000 any longer....i wish i had never bought it........al

Wow! You have had more problems with your tractor then I've seen with any one tractor in a long time! How many hours does your neighbor have on his that he has replaced the clutches on?
They do make leak detectors for air conditioner systems that will pick up leaks that are a lot slower! ....

M9000 Cab 4WD

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-05-06          170590

osut,
I don't know anyone with a M90 but have a 2 wheel drive M68 without cab but still wonder a little on some things you mentioned.

As to spinning, do you have the cast iron rims or the steel rims and do you have your tires filled or not? I have no problem with mine spinning any excess amount.

Fuel gage, mine will vary a good bit if working on a slope side ways. I think the gage is in the right tank and there is a tube that allows the fuel to run between the tanks so if left side is low fuel level drops and right side low it goes up. Is that what you are experiencing? (I may be backwards on the sides.)

I had a gear to go in my transmission that shocked me but honestly would buy mine again. Have had it for 10 years now with about 700 hours on it and very pleased. I know it will out pull my brothers MF which is about same as the as the size between our tractors.

I agree with Art, that is a lot to be wrong with any tractor and your friends clutches...wow. ....

M9000 Cab 4WD

View my Photos
osut362

2010-05-06          170600

neighbors tractors have 1500 and about 2100 hours last time we talked about tractors, ...in the fall i guess. as far as the a/c...compressor relay does not get power to it. a/c switch replaced, thermostat (expansion valve)all have been replaced at least once. dealer thinks now it may be in the wire harness somewhere. i bought the tractor new and two weeks later fell from a horse and broke my back. tractor sat in one place almost a year before i could use it. a/c only had a one year warranty. i'm not going to spend any more money on the a/c. fuel guage will just hang in one place. sometimes (most of the time) it works ok. but, you better know when you last fueled it or just top it off and be safe. i have run it out of fuel twice. rear wheels are disc wheels not cast but are filled with water and a couple of gallons of antifreeze. i really only have traction issues when i use the FEL to move dirt, probably opperator error. having said all i have said about my m9000 i would still buy another kubota. every thing else about it i like.
actually i'm looking at trading it in on a m125x.....al ....

M9000 Cab 4WD

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-05-07          170602

osut, Forgive me for not welcoming you to TP first. Sorry about the back. Assuming you healed well.

There are others who have the experience on the FEL here much better to address that issue but I don't know anyone who runs a tractor without some weight on the lift or wheel weights unless they are lifting such as wood mulch.

As to the jerky fel operation, with the amount of hours on tractor you would have gone through at least one hyd oil and filter change. Is it possible someone used and got pieces of telfon tape on hyd tubing connections with pieces getting into the hyd system?

The sad thing with the A/C it probably is a very simple issue that has just been missed. Can a by pass wire(s) not be run even expouse to least test that?

As to fuel gage, at times mine can move a lot. Do think it is due to dual tanks.

Have a great day. kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login