Go Bottom Go Bottom

kubota bx25 vs john deere 2720

View my Photos
carpetman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-08-06          155859

I have read several messages regarding the bx25 mostly positive- I havent read any info on the John Deere 2720 which costs about 8k more but has 31 HP and is a little larger. I also would like to know which one has easier/faster attachments. Bottom line is the JD worth the money or is the Kubota the better buy?
Also I have a 1999 Cub Cadet 7195 with belly mower, FEL, 3pt spreader, box scrape and post hole digger I need to sell - wheres the best place to advertise I bought it new....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-08-06          155874

The BX25 is not truly the comparable tractor, 31 Hp Would put you closer to a B3030, Or even a B7800, A B2920, would probably match up the best, try to be sure you are comparing apples to apples when purchasing equipment. ....

View my Photos
carpetman

2008-08-06          155876

Is there a John Deere that compares to the bx25 for the price- with FEL, Back hoe and belly mower, if so which one has easier to handle attachments? ....

View my Photos
nosteiner4me
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-08-06          155882

Think the bx at the 3pt only picks up 680 lbs for the bx24 not sure of bx25. I have the deere 2520 which is by far a bigger machine and at the 3pt picks up 1100-1400 lbs or so.
The 2720 is new this year but should be same frame as 2520.
A comparible deere probably the 2305 which is about same frame size. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-08-07          155895

I used to try to keep up on the new models of the blue, green and orange brands but have given up, that could be almost a fulltime job anymore. Any of the three can build you a tractor that is almost talor made in size and equipment for what you need. I'd think that pretty soon the manufacturers would settle on a good time proven design and leave it alone for a period of time. Kinda like Chevy pickups till the styling change they made in 07, one year model was just like the year before and the year after. I one time ask the service manager at the Deere dealership how many models of lawnmoweres that Deere has procuced over the years, he had no Ideaa, but said it was far too many when it comes to having parts in stock for all of them. Frank. ....

View my Photos
carpetman

2008-08-07          155909

thanks for the input so far. I looked at the b2920 hsd. It is less money still yet than the John Deere and looks as if it is a little better -it has a 3 range trans. I am strongly considering this tractor - give any pros or cons you may know... ....

View my Photos
nosteiner4me

2008-08-08          155951

Carpetman...I think you found your tractor,or on the right tract. Med size and powerful. The only thing i really don't like about my deere 2520 is that it does not have a temperature guage. I think with a temperature guage i can tell alot about whats going on inside...just at a glance. Other than that, Green was more expensive than orange, but i liked the green dealer alot more better than the local orange dealer. Really don't think too many pro's or cons on the 2920 kubota or 2720 deere...they are both new this year i think. ....

View my Photos
carpetman

2008-08-11          156016

Thank you for your time and info. I have decided on b2920 - Ill let you know how it goes...
Thanks again
if you ever need help on carpet or wood floors let me know ....

View my Photos
ACBERG

2008-12-05          158404

First things first, you have to try to get comperable tractors typically John Deere will be about 10% more which isn't really that much when it comes to getting what you want, and there are reasons. Kubota to John Deere are the top 2 in the industry but there are a few differences, for instance John Deere cares about your saftey, this is why they pay extra to ensure your ROPS are OSHA and ASAE approved, also typically John Deere advertises specs for saftey and Kubota will typically show the max it can do. Just so you know there is no agency out there that monitors the claimed specs manufacturers can put whatever they want on paper, however there are 3 party agencies like the Nebraska Tractor Test which John Deere has submitted more that 100 tractors to and Kubota I think 6 and has received bad marks. Also typically John Deer Maintainence intervals are about half as often and to achieve rated PTO Speed the Kubota has to run at a higher RPM which requires more fuel, these are some of the ways that you get the 10% more you anitially paid back. All in all these websites can be helpful but what you really need to do is get behind the wheel and judge for yourself. I hope that my remarks have been helpful. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2008-12-06          158428

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACBERG | view 158404
First things first, you have to try to get comperable tractors typically John Deere will be about 10% more which isn't really that much when it comes to getting what you want, and there are reasons. Kubota to John Deere are the top 2 in the industry but there are a few differences, for instance John Deere cares about your saftey, this is why they pay extra to ensure your ROPS are OSHA and ASAE approved, also typically John Deere advertises specs for saftey and Kubota will typically show the max it can do. Just so you know there is no agency out there that monitors the claimed specs manufacturers can put whatever they want on paper, however there are 3 party agencies like the Nebraska Tractor Test which John Deere has submitted more that 100 tractors to and Kubota I think 6 and has received bad marks. Also typically John Deer Maintainence intervals are about half as often and to achieve rated PTO Speed the Kubota has to run at a higher RPM which requires more fuel, these are some of the ways that you get the 10% more you anitially paid back. All in all these websites can be helpful but what you really need to do is get behind the wheel and judge for yourself. I hope that my remarks have been helpful.

Let's discuss your claims of testing at nebraska, the tests aren't cheap, and the only thing they do is allow for the tractors to be sold in nebraska. Total cost to a company would be around 100,000 plus from what I've seen on their initial costs in the past. That would increase the costs of a limited sales area quite a bit for the numbers they might gain. It does take a bit of knowledge to change a machine from working in dirt well at it's max to working on concrete. Different tire sizes and types but it does give a reference to work from but not worth to much. I think it was a wise choice of money not to be there with compacts for the limited market! Kubota is number one, deere being number two? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login