Is this tractor strong enough???: Kubota Review  -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Is this tractor strong enough???: Kubota Review -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 08-14-2006, 19:29 Post: 133316
emmigirl

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Is this tractor strong enough???

Finding lots of helpful information here. We are getting our b7510 hst turf special on thurs. We thought it was a heck of a deal with only 13 hrs on it. Salesmen says it will be more than enough tractor for our use. We plan on brush cutting an acre meadow, finish mowing about an acre of grass around our camp. Hoping to keep a wandering trail maintained within the 62 acres. It really isnt a long trail. Hoping to also clean up a fence row that has had broken up tree limbs and brush and perhaps pulling out a few stumps. Is this all possible with the b7510. It has a FEL, a MMM and a brush cutter. I was just concerned with horsepower. Salesman says.. As long as your not in a hurry it will handle all the jobs. Is he right? Any input would be much appreciated.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

08-14-2006, 20:20 Post: 133318
Peters

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

If you are not wanting to lift round bales a small tractor will do anything a large one will only slower. I had a 755 and did all that with ease.

08-14-2006, 20:41 Post: 133319
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Welcome to TractorPoint! A small tractor can do a lot of work. Be careful with the stumps though. They can be real hard work with just a loader. Don't go digging at them with one corner of the loader, it's a good way to rack the loader frame.

08-14-2006, 21:17 Post: 133321
emmigirl

Filter by User

What is the best way to remove a stump. They are white pine and tend to root mainly on the top of the ground rather? than deep. Some stumps left behind are 3 ft tall if that helps. Someone said i should sort of try to push it with the loader slowly and try to loosen it and then turn the tractor around and put a chain on it and try to pull it out. I think with turf tires they will just spin. This is all a learning experience and have no problem going low and slow. What are anyones opinions on bucket teeth. Does it help in clearing brush and branches. We are just trying to save our backs and enjoy the land. Logger went thru a few years ago before we were there and left a terrible mess behind.

08-14-2006, 21:54 Post: 133322
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

The best way? Probably a big bulldozer Smile

For a small tractor sometimes if the stump is tall and you can get enough traction and the stump is small enough you can just push it over and tear the roots. If you can't tear the roots you might be able to dig around it and work it back and forth to expose the roots and then take a chainsaw to them. The bucket curl function is strong so if you can get the edge of the bucket under a root and curl it up you can do some damage to the stump. Whatever you do, don't try to ram the bucket into it. That's a good way to break something. It can be a lot of work even with a tractor but if you take your time it can be done. A backhoe attachment makes it easier but it can be done without.

What I did here was wind our trail around the biggest stumps so I didn't have to mess with them. It adds character when hiking the trail.

08-14-2006, 22:09 Post: 133323
ihookem

TP Contributor

I got a 7510. Don't be fooled by the 21 horse, a 21 horse diesel is a world away from the 21 horse gas lawn mowers. It is one tough machine. I never went lacking horsepower yet. As for stumps it's hard to say. They have been dead a few years and are rotting but if they are 12" stumps they will most likely come out and you might be surprised. A 24" or 30 " stump is for a bull dozer. Mowing? you won't believe this thing! With my mmm I go right over prickery ash with half inch shoots, four foot high grass, prickers and anything else. As for turf tires, they do spin easier, but in low gear at 1500 rpm, 4wd with locking differentials(left heel pedal) This thing goes and I ain't kidding. Even with turfs I plow snow till it comes over the bucket and still goes till I hit ice. The only thing I think could use improvement is maybe a middle gear. I have bogged down in high gear at 11-1300 rpm going up hill cutting grass and plowing but low just goes up steep hills in idle. We got a snow storm last winter with 30" drifts and 40mph wind and got stuck, so at a cross wind to let the wind blow the snow away, I backed up in high at 2200rpm and rammed the drifts into the sky. Nothing but a white out for fifty yards. Today I scatterd 22 tons of stone around a house for my sister inlaws landscape co. It took three hours in high gear and left it on 1100rpm, (idle)

08-15-2006, 06:57 Post: 133325
emmigirl

Filter by User

Thanks to everyone for their input. Getting the tractor Thursday and spending the weekend with it so i'm sure i'll have more questions after getting used to it. My friends are making fun of me because i'm so excited over a tractor. Well, the family has spent endless days doing backbreaking work, i've been scratched up head to toe on the briar trail, not to mention tripping and falling over some hidden debris.. so you bet i'm excited to get a tractor. Thanks again to everyone. By the way, what about teeth for the bucket. Makes me wish i paid more attention to my grandpap who could weld anything. Any ideas what a bucket costs for these machines. Should i be looking for anything in particular?

08-15-2006, 06:59 Post: 133326
kthompson

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

You have a few different options with the stumps. If they are in the woods, (not your yard) dig around them so you can cut them off right at ground level. If you will be cutting over them be sure you are below the height the cutter will cut down to. This is probably your lowest cost option.

If you have large stumps and they are solid but only a few, you may find having them ground to be a good option.

With either of these the stump will slowly rot and leave you a hole to be filled in.

If the stumps have been there a few years, you may find them more rotten than you think.

If the stumps are solid (a rotten stump can let a chain slice through it very quickly, being dangerous to equipment and people. I have hooked a chain or strap to the top of stumps, tighten it up and let your SPOUSE use shovel and Axe to cut the roots. The steady pull will normally show where the roots are in the ground. A technique I used in my finished lawn was to place soaker hose around the base of a live tree (growing roots) for a couple of days. It was cut off about 4 feet high for leverage. It pulled right over with little damage to the lawn.

Congratulatons on your purchase and welcome to Tractor Point. God Bless you and your efforts.

Patience is good on any such job. So are gloves and back rubs.

08-15-2006, 07:26 Post: 133331
kthompson

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Be sure you use clean fuel and proper anti gelling treatment in it.

08-15-2006, 07:36 Post: 133332
emmigirl

Filter by User

salesman also added.. for winter storage that we add a little kerosene to the gas.. this would make a gel so things to freeze and crack. does that sound right?

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Thread 133316 Filter by Poster:
Art White 2 | earthwrks 1 | emmigirl 10 | ihookem 1 | Iowafun 3 | kthompson 8 | kwschumm 4 | Murf 1 | ncrunch32 1 | Peters 1 | SG8NUC 6 | WillieH 4 | yooperpete 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Kubota AT70s Rear Tine Tiller
+ Kubota HST GST Shuttle or Gear Transmission?
+ Best Boom Mower for Kubota B2710 Tractor
+ Definition of Tractor Loader Breakout force ?
+ Kubota B3200 vs. JD 2720
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Review
+ Kubota Transmission Fluid SUDT
+ Kubota BX2230 VS kIOTI CK20HST
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Quality
+ kubota bx25 vs john deere 2720

Most Discussion

+ How to match Truck to Trailer
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Re
+ Kubota Number 1 in Compact Tra
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Qu
+ Source for after market produc