Go Bottom Go Bottom

kubota b7100 front loader

View my Photos
shawn myers
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-02-14          12804

i recently purchased a 1984 kubota b7100 4wd without power steering. i am interested in putting a front loader on it and would like to know if i will have steering problems? also does anyone know if you can put a backhoe on this tractor if yes what size? and last does anyone know what the lift capacity of the 3 pt is? thanks to everyone! shure wish i would have found this before i bought the tractor.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-02-14          12806

Shawn, I don't know for sure about any differences between the 1984 and 1995 year models, but I had a 1995 B7100 that I bought new with a front end loader, and at that time there was a backhoe available for it, but I couldn't afford it. I don't think you'd have a "problem" with the steering with a front end loader, but a load in the bucket does make it require a little more effort to turn the steering wheel. I believe it was a 1630C loader with a 4' bucket and a load capacity of about 510 pounds to maximum height. It was a life saver and I sure used it, but I did trade up to the B2710 this past year for a number of reasons, one of which was to get power steering since I had both hands operated on for carpal tunnel syndrome two years ago. Another minor annoyance was the fact that the loader was not a quick attach, so it was never taken off the tractor while I had it. ....

View my Photos
VW0297

2011-01-22          176545

my father has a b7200hst am
and after using it for many years it finally sprung a leak at the power steering box. little did we know they never came with power steering. the previous owner installed some kind of hydraulic unit from a truck. so there are ways to power up your steering but we are now having problems figuring out a hydraulic diagram to help in our repairs and reassembly. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-01-24          176570

These may be better answered by an experienced Kubota dealer or on an interest group but I can tell you that an FEL is the attachment I use most and wouldn't be without, but they're costly and need proper sizing and installation. When I had one installed, steering effort was a problem, solved by an add-on PS kit, again costly and tricky. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2011-01-24          176573

VW;
Your world won't end with a loader and not having power steering.
BUT, it is nice, we had old Farmall's with loaders and no power steering for years. We got along OK so long as the tractor was moving it wasn't all that bad, sitting still with a full bucket took gorilla arm efort.
I've been spoiled with power steering and all of the creature comforts the tractors of today have, so I'd hate to go back.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
charlieK

2011-01-25          176588

almost an 11 year old post---wow!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This