Kubota Parts Support - Only 10-15 years!: Kubota Review  -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Kubota Parts Support - Only 10-15 years!: Kubota Review -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 08-05-2005, 16:49 Post: 114414
rswilly

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Kubota Parts Support - Only 10-15 years!

Think twice if you are buying a Kubota for long term use. They only plan on parts support for 10-15 years. I just got off the phone with Kubota headquarters griping because I can't get parts for my 1970s Kubota. They said "try the scrap dealers, the Japanese think tractors that old should be in museums". That's less than 30 years! My neighbor laughs at me because he can get anything he wants for his 50 year old Ford, and I know of many Cubs still going after 60 years. I must admit, up to now I thought it was a pretty good tractor but darn!! And this is not a gray market tractor either. It's an original US market model.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

08-05-2005, 19:32 Post: 114425
AV8R

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Whatever...

08-05-2005, 20:38 Post: 114431
duke8444

I bought a used L2850 with a loaded and really like, but.

The dealer hasn't/doesn't want to keep much stock of parts. That is fine, that is his choice. However, ordering everything you want for your tractor really is tiresome. Then after you order some parts you have to wait anywhere from 4 days to a week and a half to get the part. This does concern me enough not to replace this Kubota when I do finally sell it with another Kubota.

When I got the Kubota, I sold my JD 650 and I never waited longer that 1 day for any part for that Deere. Many parts for this tractor the dealer had right in stock. I beleive the JD 650 was a old tractor and I beleive Deere will supply parts for this tractor for ever. I do not think Kubota will supply parts for all their tractors "FOREVER" like Deere.

08-05-2005, 21:06 Post: 114435

Filter by User

Duke8444

You might want to try www.tractorsmart.com on the internet. I purchase ALL my parts from them. This includes filters primarily,but occasionally other parts I need. If you dont already have a parts manual and a workshop manual, you can get them from this outfit. I have used them for the last two years exclusively and have never had any problems. I run into the same problem with the closest dealer to me(50 miles), they carry almost nothing, then have to order. Another thing- the prices are lower(at least lower than my local dealer). Even in just filters it adds up. I use at least 10 oil filters,4 air filters, and 12 hydraulic filters per year. This is for two Kubota tractors. The parts and workshop manuals are invaluable if you do all your own repairs and service work as I do.
doc

08-05-2005, 21:23 Post: 114436

Filter by User

rswilly

I dont think you can compare ford,johndeere,allischallmers, or any of the other 'older' tractors availability of parts with today's Kubotas. In time, I will probably have trouble getting parts(if in fact I even need any) for my 1956 WD Allis Challmers. The early Kubotas were not as common, especially here in the US. Today, I see them everywhere, and my assumption is that Kubota will support them. Things change and that is my reason for me going away from the 'older' brand US tractors. Your 1970's Kubota is probably not a common model in the US. I was around in those days and I know when I saw one, I had to look twice. That is not true today. Maybe I am nieve, but with what Kubota offers today, it is so much superior than the tractors from the 50's and 60's, it is almost unreal. I have two Kubotas, one is 10 years old, the other is 2 years old, and I have no concern about getting parts. I just got a metal hydraulic line for my B2400 in less than a week for about $140.00. I was flabergasted that it was available that quick. That tractor is 10 years old.

doc

08-05-2005, 21:28 Post: 114437
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Doc, I don't know who you work with for a dealer but I would suggest trying another dealer. I don't know who at Kubota would have said what was stated but we have not sen it.

08-05-2005, 21:38 Post: 114438

Filter by User

Art

I am not sure if you are confusing what my own statements are, but I did not state anything that a dealer told me. I buy online for both the convenience(100drive roundtrip) and because they have EVERYTHING. I do not buy bizarre parts, just mainly filters,fluids, and other service parts, and this dealer is not the first I have encountered that doesnt have them on hand. If they have to order them, I am much further ahead to order them off the internet. My tractors are a B2400 MFWD hydrostatic and a L3430 MFWD hyrostatic, hardly rare models.

doc

08-05-2005, 23:07 Post: 114448
rswilly

Filter by User

I am not worried about filters and service items....Kubota should support their product with parts like starters, drive train and steering parts. The normal expected life in the US of a tractor is around 30+ years. According to Kubota US headquarters...not a dealer....the Japanese only expect tractors to last 10-15 years and therefore only support parts for that long.

08-08-2005, 06:05 Post: 114492
jarndt

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

I think the Kubota rep was probably stating average length of "ownership" not necessarily the life expectancy of the tractor, much like the automakers. The average ownership of a car is only 3-4 years, so they design around that number but obviously cars typically last much longer. I know my uncle just replaced the fuel tank (not expactly a super common replacement part) on his '85 L2250 and they were able to get the part without any trouble.

08-08-2005, 17:53 Post: 114528
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Doc, sorry but I did goof up. I sell several brands of tractors and before I'd run into problems with any parts on a Kubota I'd listened to people for years that owned JD,IH,Ford,Allis vertually every make of tractors made! There is no saint hood here boys! Have I heard of discontinued parts in the Kubota line, yes and I haven't found any that were any different from the US lines! Now I will tell you from experience that if you really want to have fun try locating parts from a manufacturer that doesn't represent that brand any more! Yes we do still get normal parts that are for tractors over twenty years from Kubota. When the sales of the parts go away, so does the inventory, thats the way it is! Try walking into your car dealer and asking for a part for a 15 year old car!

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Thread 114414 Filter by Poster:
091755 5 | Art White 4 | AV8R 1 | duke8444 1 | jarndt 1 | kwschumm 1 | Murf 1 | rswilly 2 | rswilly1 1 | taheide 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Kubota AT70s Rear Tine Tiller
+ Kubota HST GST Shuttle or Gear Transmission?
+ Best Boom Mower for Kubota B2710 Tractor
+ Definition of Tractor Loader Breakout force ?
+ Kubota B3200 vs. JD 2720
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Review
+ Kubota Transmission Fluid SUDT
+ Kubota BX2230 VS kIOTI CK20HST
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Quality
+ kubota bx25 vs john deere 2720

Most Discussion

+ How to match Truck to Trailer
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Re
+ Kubota Number 1 in Compact Tra
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Qu
+ Source for after market produc