Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
jmwright
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-01          87432

Looking to purchase my first tractor sometime in the next week or so and need to find out if the price quote I received today is reasonable.

Quote:
B7800 HSDF (mid pto/folding ROPS), R4 tires - 12,336
72" MMM - 2,948
60" Bush Hog Box Blade (SBX 600) - 547
5' Bush Hog field mower (SQ600) - 957
LA402 FEL - 3,235

Considering filling tires as well, but was told it was costly and would make the tractor heavier which might cause it to leave ruts when mowing our yard.

I would appreciate any thoughts you might have. I've been following this board for months now and have learned a lot from you guys so far.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-06-01          87445

It doesn't sound too bad, I would think if you are buying that many implements, the dealer could do a little better.
My dealer filled my tires with antifreeze for free. I would suggest filling those tires especially if you plan on doing a lot of loader work. I mow with mine and as long as your ground isn't marshy it will be fine. I notice if I try to mow after a good downpour the tires will compact the lawn a little.
Good luck ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
jmwright

2004-06-08          88049

Pulled the trigger Friday. Final prices were:
B7800 HSD w/R4 tires - 11,791
72" MMM - 2,720
Mid-mount PTO "cartrige" - 150
60" Bush Hog Box Blade (SBX 600) - 437
5' Bush Hog field mower (SQ600) - 805
LA402 FEL - 2,957
Steel canopy (aftermarket) - 300
PCC Puncture compound in all tires - 116
Delivery (25 miles one way) - 25

TOTAL DAMAGE - 19,276 w/o tax.

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-06-08          88056

sounds like you have a pretty nice setup. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
markanth

2004-06-18          88784

These look like good prices. I have to pay over 13k for the 7800 alone, nothing else in Northern Nevada/California. Where did you get this deal.

Thanks, mark ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
WPHill
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-18          88792

For all of you out there who want to check pricing, call:

Slade Smith, Triple D. Equipment, Inc
DeLand, FL. 32720 (386) 734-2119

He did right by me, and the staff at Triple D. was very helpful. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-18          88793

Price looks good. November 2003;

B7800f, w/FEL, filled tires, 4-way loader valve, fold. ROPS w/ mid pto
$15,700 plus tax. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
chevalrr

2004-06-29          89653

I am considering the purchase of a Kubota B7800 or a B2910. I notices prices as low as $11,700.00. Where/how can I reach that dealer ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
petushead

2004-06-29          89654

Forget the Krapbota...I visited a place that had a brand new John Deere 4310 for 12,500....this is cheaper than the B2910 I purchased and a whole hell of a lot more tractor...you should look at the John Deere it is so much easier to drive..the loader itself is worth it...would make using your tractor an enjoyment not a chore...good luck...no I am not a dealer just an unhappy kubota purchaser. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
chevalrr

2004-06-29          89657

I have a local JD dealer that gave me a price of $28,900 for the tractor, loader, 60"mmm, and a woods 7500 backhoe. They would not break down the individual cost of each piece of equipment. Please give me the dealers name. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
petushead

2004-06-29          89667

Baker's Lawn & Leisure Inc. (248)-887-2410. Good Luck! ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-29          89694

Markanth, Give me a holler. I certainly have been to most of the dealers in N.Cal and NV. MHLH(at)RifleMag.Com ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
LapinFarmer

2004-06-30          89701

I just ordered up a B7800 HSD yesterday, delivery for Friday.

B7800HSD, folding ROPS, R4 tires
+ LA-402 FEL with 60" bucket
+ Canopy (hey, it rains here)
+ filled tires (with tubes) $15,900
Bush Hog RZ60 60" rotary mower $799
SBX600 box scraper $599

Discounted package price: $17,050

That includes free delivery, a full tank of diesel, a couple of extra sheer pins for the mower and they have free pickup and delivery for all warranty work (that includes the first 50 hour service).

Can't wait for Friday! ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
petushead

2004-06-30          89714

I think you will really enjoy the time when your diesel fuel runs out and you have to refill the tank with that cross bar for the loader directly over the cap....great design guys. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-06-30          89720

I fuel my 7800 as needed, and don't even notice the crossbar. It is not in the way if you give it a little thought.

Most anything can be crafted into a problem if you for some reason you enjoy the exercise.

Enjoy your 7800. It has been a great tractor for us. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-06-30          89723

Petushead,
It is getting a little old everytime someone has a question about a Kubota, you have to start your bashing because you didn't do enough research to get a tractor that suited you. Most of your complaints with your machine are due to your own fault such as removing the mower deck, removing the loader, and fueling the machine. I find the bar helpful as I set my can on it as I use the pump to fuel the tank. Remember if you don't have anything to add to the topic, keep quiet. I guess you complain because you have to get out of your car to refuel it, I guess that's a poor design too!!!!!
I tried to refrain from saying much but your whining has finally gotten to me. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
petushead

2004-06-30          89749

"I guess you complain because you have to get out of your car to refuel it, I guess that's a poor design too!!!!!"

Comrad Kubotaguy,

Come on sir, really is that a fair response. If you think the Kubota is better than the Deere then please tell me how... don't just tell me to be quiet...Be honest, do you sell Kubota....is this the reason you get so defensive??? ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
LapinFarmer

2004-06-30          89759

Whoa Nelly!

Guys (petushead, kubotaguy) let's all be civil here.

Now I appreciate everyone's opinions on tractors - both good and bad. Some of those negative opinions helped me make my purchase decision, as did the good ones.

But petushead, kutbotaguy does have a point - your posts come across as whiny and petulant. It would be more helpful if you wrote something like "I have a B7800, and one of my complaints is the poor location of the cross bar on the loader." Just a slight change in tone, but it is more helpful and less argumentative.

Back in the early 1970's, when Email and discussion boards were still rare (the boards were called "B-boards" then) a psychiatrist (or was it an anthropologist?) published a scholarly article titled "The Hacker Papers" based on a review of some B-boards at Stanford. This was the first time that someone documented the differences in the emotional responses people get from Email vs speech. One reason the emoticons (smileys) are so popular is they help makeup for missing facial expression and voice tonality.

So please remember that what you *think* you wrote/posted is not necessarily what others are going to read. I've been burned a few times from this myself over the years. I once had to appologize to a department VP because a sly little Email joke of mine did not come through as being playfully sarcastic. Actualy, Jeff took it prety well, but I appologized anyway.

- Neal ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
JParker

2004-06-30          89763

I agree about the FEL bar, but have learned to work around it. Any fuel pumping rig would solve it, but I've gone really low tech for now.

I buy fuel with 5 gallon cans, but transfer half to a 2.5 gallon for fueling. If I need all 5 gallons, now the tank is at half weight so no problem.

As far as the overall machine, Personally I like the heel & toe HST pedal design better than the Deere side by side. The machine itself is very tough and as for the dollars last fall when I was pricing the choices were JD 4115 and B7800.

The JD was $ 1400 more and 6 Hp weaker. It wouldn't have handled the 5' rotary cutter I wanted according to the JD dealer.

In hindsight, the 2910 might have been a good idea for the rear hydraulics and position control, but I don't plan on that much grading to really NEED the position control. But it would be nice. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-07-01          89810

Petushead,
I never stated Kubota was better than John Deere. I am not a dealer just a satisfied Kubota owner.
Both are fine machines, but my decision for going with Kubota came down to the dealer. The Kubota dealer talked with me and was honest and up front with me whereas the Deere dealer in my area acted as if he didn't have time for me. Please keep in mind this was my experience with the dealers in my area.
I was getting agravated with your bashing the 2910 with limited experience on it. There are always going to be issues with a tractor no matter what brand. Out of everyone on here with a 2910 or 7800, I believe you are the only one to have such strong complaints about it. Besides the guy had all ready purchased the machine on this thread. If someone is asking an opinion, simply state the issues you dislike and move on to the next thread instead of the "Krapbota" and other bashing comments. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-01          89826

Petus, I've tried to stay out of this but at this point I have to agree with Kubotaguy.

Here is the point: none of us have a perfect tractor. There is always something that is a bit irritating, could have been designed better or doesn't quite fit our style or body type. The question is whether you can live with the imperfections or not.

I had a BX and I have a rocky/lumpy lot. It was beating the hell out of my back. But you don't hear me calling it a crapbota. In fact I still recommend it to folks and defend it's digging capability. WHY?? Because a smaller person, with a healthier back, on a different piece of land would not have the problems I experienced.

Maybe you have trouble with the bar near the gas cap because of your height and someone taller would have no issue there.

Just step back a few feet so you can see the sky beyond the billboard, and rest assured if you ever get your dream Deere there will be something about it you don't like. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
petushead

2004-07-01          89845

Ok,

Point taken...in the future I will try to tone down my negative remarks regarding the Kubota I purchased...apparently many out there like these orange machines. How about I ask questions like: Why did the Kubota company put this cross bar directly over the gas tank...it is like the two components (FEL and Tractor) were designed independantly of each other. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
cerberus

2004-07-01          89849

Petushead .
I doubt if they were designed independantly . I'd say that the most likely reason is for clearance issues .
BTW You're a good man for saying you'd tone it down a bit .
John ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-01          89865

I reckon Kubota had two thoughts in mind:

1) they want you to have the strongest possible loader frame work, and,

2) they thought you should be able to open the hood any time you wanted. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
petushead

2004-07-01          89872

DRankin I reckon!!!! hey, that sounds good. Please explain #2 are hood restrictions on other tractors???? If #1 is true than why is this cross bar not on the L-series??? Just curious. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-01          89879

Don't know exactly.... but if the loader frame needed some cross bracing on this model there are only a few places to locate it where it won't block the hood.

I am sure you would be more upset if you had to drag out your wrenches to check functions under the hood.

BTW, when I bought my last tractor, a year ago, I decided to by the first Kubota 7800, 2910, 2710 or Deere 4115 TLB package I could find. I found a 4115 first. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
markanth

2004-07-02          89935

Also, when will they introduce a 7810. It seems that it should be around the corner. What do you think? ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
markanth

2004-07-02          89936

Yes, I am looking for 1 or 2 7800’s. I have been in Auburn and Reno. I would like a base price on the tractor and then implements. The implements will vary somewhat for each tractor. 1 tractor is for discing and brush cutting. The other one to tend to horses, loader, post hold digger, box scraper, disc, brush cutter.

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-07          90267

Mark... Nevada Power Products is a terrible place to do business. Even though there is a branch office just 4 miles away, I drive for an hour to the next nearest Deere or Kubota dealer when I need parts or fluids.

Sounds like you have already chatted with the folks at Gold Country Kubota. They don't have the lowest prices but they are honest and take very good care of their customers.

The other nearby Kubota dealer is Smith Valley Garage.... again top notch folks with consistantly better prices than NPP.

My last suggestion would be to check prices in Oregon. If you are paying cash or carrying your own financing you can save a lot of money, not only on lower prices for the tractors, but no sales tax. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-07          90289

I've added enough 2910 parts to my 7800 to dub it a 7810. It would be interesting to see how close Kubota comes to my creation if they do come out with a 7810. I may be ahead of the curve on this one. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
kathy741

2004-07-23          91722

i have added telscpic stabilzers to our b7800 they are better then the turn buckeles and now be a b7810 they cost $125.00 from kubota parts ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-23          91723

Nope, you have a 7805. I added the 2910 body panels, headlight group, and deluxe seat, along with the 3-point equipment to my 7800. I have to be at least 0005 ahead of you. At least my checkbook says I am. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-07-23          91729

Beagle,

Can you tell me what you paid for:

Light group (is that headlights?)--

Deluxe Seat --

Ratcheting Three Point --

Thanks ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-23          91745

Sure, as long my little wife doesn't see this:

Ratchet 3-point $75 (used)
Light group (headlights and lenses) $125
Deluxe seat $175
Body Panels and Fenders $250

Hope this helps. Please don't run a sanity check as to why I didn't pay the extra $'s up front and just get the 2910. It just wouldn't be as much fun that way. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-07-23          91746

It has always amazed me that Kubota puts those tail light bulbs in the economy tractors and still calls them headlights, I was unaware that you could swap them out for factory gear, or that the 2910 even had better ones. Are the light group lights sealed beam or halogen? Sounds like a must have item. I wonder if you can do the same thing on the B7510 or B7610!

What was the ratchet 3PH new? Another great thing to have on the 7800?

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-23          91750

If the 7610 is the 2410, what the 7800 is to the 2910, there is a good chance there could be some swapping. I got a parts manual for a 2910 and compared it to the parts manual for the 7800. After spending a bunch of time looking at the two tractors at a dealer lot, I decided there were some upgrades that would be possible. The fenders, Headlight Assembly, back body panel, Seat, and three point equipment were easy adds or swaps.

The headlight assembly isn't sealed beam, but has higher watt bulbs than the 7800. The lens for the 2910 wraps to the side of the hood, where the 7800 are inset lenses. It is part no. 6C140-54142 for the 2910.

I never priced the three point equipment new since I had the ooportinity to get it used. I can look up the part nos. if you are interested. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
skodises

2004-08-30          94999

Beagle: did you get the seat from a local dealer, or an online source? I've tried several online sources, and have been quoted $325-350 for the seat. Much as I'd like to have the armrests, that's a tad rich for my blood...

The headlights and the telescoping stabilizers are on their way here even as we speak, though. Thanks to all for the great upgrade ideas! ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-09-03          95442

Can The headlights be upgraded on the BX Models. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-09-03          95446

Not sure about the BX Models, and what you would switch with. It works between the B2--- and B7--- because they are basically the same trators, but the B7--- was "economized". ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-09-03          95448

To answer the question about the seat, it's not a true Kubota deluxe seat that you would get on the 2910. It is a modification to the economy seat that came with the 7800 so that it now includes the arm-rests. I suppose I stretch a little to call it a deluxe seat:). The arm rests and mounting brackets were $175. I needed to fabricate some addtional brackets for the wrap around piece on the back of the seat.

All in all, in works out fine, except the seat frame isn't as stiff as it should be for the arms to support a lot of weight. For resting the elbows while mowing and other long seat time tasks, they work great.

The arm rest kit was a Christmas present from the wife. I would need to shake it out of her to find out where she got it. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
petushead

2004-09-05          95612

All this talk about converting the B7800 to the B2910 makes me wonder why some have said the 7800 was to replace the B2910??..as many know I am not 100% satisfied with the tractor bought (B2910) but compared to the stripped B7800 this unit is a beauty. If kubota is to phase out the B2910 for these "econo" tractors they will lose the edge on the CUT market even more than already... I know kubota builds great engines and the HST is "battle" hardened...what concerns me is the JD CUT's (4000tens and now 4000twenty) are so darn innovative...with feature and what appears to be superior component design (instrument layout, materials, loader design)...why the heck does Kubota not look more to the future rather than stripping there CUT's....in my opinion they are headed in the wrong direction....hope this thread is not to negative for you sensitive Kubota people.... ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
LapinFarmer

2004-09-05          95627

I'm guessing that Kubota is aiming at a different price point or market segment than Deere. My Kubota dealer says he does not stock B2910s but he sells plenty of B7800s. He actually discouraged me from ordering the B2910 (which would have meant more money for him) although he offered to order one if I really wanted it.

The B7800 is a great basic tractor. It does what it does, and does so without complaining. The new Deeres have some great features. But some people just want a working tractor and can't or won't pay thousands more for certain features. Obvously other customers will.

I assume that both Deere and Kubota know their markets. I will speculate that Kubota will sell more B7800s outside the US than Deere will sell Twenty series outside the US.

Compare a Ford Taurus, Lincoln LS and the Jaguar S-type - they are built on the same chassis, share the same engine block and probably 80% of the components. The Jag does 150 mph and has heated leather seats. The Taurus will get you to the grocery store just fine. Pays your money, takes your choice. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
TAG

2004-09-07          95825

I just bought a loader for my 7800, the 402 for $2750.00 The tractor was also cheaper than any one else in the midwest. Sommerset kentucky is the place Barlow farm equipment, I drove 11 hours to pick up my tractor and saved roughly 2,300 dollars it was worth it. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-09-07          95829

Talk is that Kubota will be bringing the "30" series to the B Line-up that will include some of the newer technology and a fresh style. I would bet they know what they are after, and have a decent idea how to get there.

As far as upgrading the 7800, it isn't any different than any other enthusiest notion, buy something and tinker with it. Some people enjoy the challenge.

I've read several comments about the cross-bar on the Kubota B Loaders banging the hoods. I've had my loader on and off so many times, I can't figure out how I could hit the hood with the bar. Can anyone tell me how you hit the hood with the bar? At least I would know what to look out for. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
petushead

2004-09-09          95996

My dad is now on his 3rd hood. Honestly, if you follow the directions in the manual you will not have a problem but if you do not, like my dad, it is VERY easy to hit the hood. My dad does not tilt the bucket and lift the front wheels off the ground to remove the bucket from the bottom pins...he just moves the boom out at an angle without tilting the bucket down which causes the cross arm to come in contact with the hood as it moves out of the bottom pins...on the 3 dealers of Kubota I talked to they say people have hit the hoods so it must not be that hard to do. I would say this is more a problem with ease of use also the bar goes over the gas cap which seems like a poor design..for the novice tractor owner who does not like to read manuals it can be a problem to remove and put on the loader. I hope the next generation of B2910 do not have a cross bar and use that high strenght forgiving fiberglass instead of that thin metal. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-09-09          95999

If your dad doesn't read directions, you will probably get that Deere you want so badly pretty soon. I imagine someone who doesn't read directions probably will skip all the maintenance as well. I got news, if you treat any tractor like that they aren't going to last. You say he is a tractor novice and doesn't read directions, that sounds like a recipe for a serious accident. You may want to talk him into selling the tractor period and not getting another one before he seriously injures himself or even kills himself. Those PTO's aren't forgiving if they get a hold on you. I read my book front to back, plus the loader and MMM books. There is a lot of good info in the books and if the books don't cover it someone here will know. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-09-09          96003

Thanks for the explanation. Seems similar to not opening the barn door before trying to pull the tractor in, then pissing and moaning about what a p.o.s. the barn door is.

I'll try to remember to follow the manual.

Thanks again. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
skodises

2004-09-15          96538

Beagle: How did you handle converting the headlight wiring harness for the 2910 headlight assembly?

The 7800 headlights have the wires terminating right on the lamp sockets. The 2910 has a connector at the back of each socket- a completely different design. There's a short harness that should be needed to connect the 2910 cluster to the connector halfway up the hood. Unfortunately, the Kubota parts manual does not list that small harness as a separate item: they only list the harness for the entire tractor as a single part number. I don't want to spend that much money just for the short stub...

Did you successfully find the part number for that little harness? My guy couldn't find it. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-09-15          96554

Not sure if there is a better way, but the solution was to get two extra 7800 harness sockets and put the 2910 sockets on them. It turned out to be less than ideal.

If there is a 2910 harness piece that works, I couldn't find it. I would get the extra 7800 tails, so you still have the stock equipment on hand. If you are looking for the part no. for the 7800 socket tail, it's 6C040-55630.

But not sure I understand completely. The headlight harness for both tractors are the same. The part no. of the headlight wiring harness for both the 7800 and the 2910 is 53581-64150.

Hope that helps. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
skodises

2004-09-18          96786

I just made my own pigtail harness, finally. The connectors on the hood harness will accept simple male 1/4" spade terminals, and I found some pins from another style of connector in the shop stock that would mate with the connector at the 2910 headlight socket. Some heatshrink tubing, a couple ty-raps to keep things connected, and viola': better headlights, without having to molest the 7800 originals. I'll be upgrading to the 35W halogens next time I get by the hardware store.

I also got tired of hanging my elbow on the SMV sign every time I turned around, and having it cut down my vision to the rear, so I removed the mount plate from the ROPS and mounted the SMV sign receiver directly to the back of the seat. Why they didn't do that from the factory, I'll never know. But at least now I have an unobstructed view and access to the rear... ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-09-19          96828

The first upgrade I made was to get the rear body panel piece from the 2910, so I could mount the SMV symbol to the body panel. It also has a hook for the top link, so you can get rid of that hook that comes with the 7800. Dressed up the tractor nicely too.

Rear Fender, part no. 6C070-52752
SMV bracket, part no. 6C070-54950
Also ordered Misc bolts and a rear light harnes3 bracket

Total cost $ 103.28

In case you are interested. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
skodises

2004-09-20          96889

Thanks for the part numbers. I already remounted the SMV sign, so that renders those body panels moot, for me anyway. I won't need them unless I decide to do a cab on the machine.

I think that I've gone as far as I need to in taking the 7800 towards 2910-ness. The headlights are much nicer even without the halogens, so I'm now a happy camper. I ditched the wire toplink hanger, because I have dedicated toplinks for each implement that I just leave attached to them. It's nice to be able to back up with the Pat's system and hook up from the seat- and there's no dangling toplink bouncing around back there when there's nothing on the hitch... ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
skodises

2004-09-21          96975

BTW, the halogen lamps are Narva CPP796 lamps- they were originally intended as retrofits to get higher light output for rally cars. They are available at http://www.rallylights.com/hella/misc_bulbs.asp (among others), and there's no real reason that you couldn't try them in the original 7800 headlights as well. They put out 62 candlepower, well better than the 32 cp of the stock B2910 lamps, and the 25cp of the stock 7800 lamps, and they should coexist with the 10A fuse on that circuit just fine.

I can't guarantee that these won't melt the headlight assembly, because I haven't tried them yet. But I can say that they'll be brighter while they last... (;-) Your mileage may vary, try at your own risk, that sort of thing...

I'm just seeing the first flakes of snow of the year out my office window. Good thing that these mods are done! ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-09-21          97005

Do you know the power rating of these bulbs? I would want to make sure my alternator could handle the load. Any info would be appreciated. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
skodises

2004-09-21          97013

35W, or just about double the load of the original 18W lamps- 2.9A per lamp, basically. I don't think it'll cause the alternator much grief. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
BenEAmonette

2004-10-21          98924

Beagle, I have been looking at a 7800 for my first tractor. Are you satisfied with the lifting abilities of your FEL? Is the 7800 heavy enough to get enough traction to fully utilize the 30 hp? Do you do any draging with yours? I have also considered the 3400, which is about the same money, but a little bigger than what I want. Would rather be too big than too small and I don't think that I would mind it being basic. Got a price of $15,100 on a 7800 with Kubota FEL and rear blade (Woods). I tend to over-analyze stuff, but this is a major purchase for me. Advice? ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
taheide

2004-10-21          98937

Whats an MMM?

Anyway, I was reading comments about the crossbar. I kind of like it, it gives me something to grab onto when I get onto my Bota. I did make the mistake of taking the loader off with the hood open once and bent the stay rod, other than that it didnt do any damage, and as far as the fuel filler. I usually put a mechanics fender mat on the hood and rest the fuel can on that while I pour in the fuel, so the cross bar has never been an issue. I have a 2410, which looks about the same as the 2910 except for its size, just a tad smaller. When I bought it I got the FEL, R4 tires and a folding ROPS, delivered for $11974.73. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-10-21          98956

Whats an MMM?

Mid
Mount
Mower.

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
beagle

2004-10-21          98965

Ben, we've been very happy with the 7800. Isn't too big for working in tight area, yet big enough to handle some pretty impressive work. As far as the 30hp, it feels pretty impressive. I can load up the box blade and not feel it working the tractor. This past winter I pushed a 14" snowfall without a problem, and did it in high range. We augered over 150 holes this past summer and it never broke a sweat. The only task we put it up to that it couldn't manage was pulling old fence posts with the FEL that were concreted in. I got about half of them, the others has to be dug, or pulled with the neighbors JCB.

I used a fork attachment on the FEL to unload the Semi of fence when it was delivered, and even amazed the driver with what I was able to pick.

The machine is relatively light for it's power, but traction has never been an issue for plowing, blading, or the FEL. I like the lighter machine when I go to trailer it. I very seldom use the 4wd, only when doing heavy FEL work.

Every machine will eventually get tested to it's limits. We haven't pushed our little baby there too often yet. It's been everything we wanted it to be. The only thing I miss is the position control on the 3pt. The 1/4" valve takes some getting used to, and I added a position indicator to the 3pt to compensate for not having the position control. You can see the indicator in picture 4, next to the aux SCV's. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
taheide

2004-10-22          99037

Whats an MMM?

Mid
Mount
Mower.

Ahh havent found a need to purchase one, couldnt justify the expense. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
tractorpull

2006-11-27          137356

Been reading the tussle tween Deer & Kubota. No prior tractor knowledge. I've got property with rock (boulder) & nothing flat. I need to clear much and make a few paths. Need low-end torque. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
taheide

2006-11-27          137360

You may want to consider a small Bobcat type for that, the CUTS are a bit underweight and power to clear rocky terrain, and also a bit easier to work withthe bobcat type for leveling and clearing than the front end loaders on CUT's. I am wishing I went with one instead of the Bota that I got, only because there is a lot of leveling I want to do, but find it very hard to do with the CUT, and I also found there are attachments for the BC like a mower deck and tiller that I use the Bota for now. Just something to consider, when I was shopping, I found a couple in the same price range as the CUT I got. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
tractorpull

2006-11-27          137362

How would the BC be on slope? Do they make traing wheels for them or some type of outriggers to help stabilize them on a steep grade? A dumb question I know, but they look narrow and would be tippy side to side. ....

Kubota B7800 Price Check

View my Photos
Art White

2006-11-27          137377

With a Bobcat they are tippy when back grading down a hill. Not all skid steers are that way and for the most part they have a very low center of gravity. A box scraper on the back of a compact will assist in a lot of grading chores better then just a bucket. It depends on how much work you have to do and if you enjoy it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login