Go Bottom Go Bottom

kubota 1860 unknown hours

View my Photos
bravo0123
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-03-27          182898

I am looking at a kubota 1860, a little over 3 years old. a good price, $9200 with FEL, mid mower and grass catcher. Photos it looks like new, he says it looks like new. Said he used it for himself, mostly mowing.

Problem is, says the hour meter is broken. Now maybe it broke and he just didn't get it fixed, or maybe he isn't being honest. I guess if he was really dishonest he would have fixed it before selling it.

My question is, how can I tell? Says it probably has only 100 hours. any thoughts? thanks.

BX1860 FEL midmower, bagger

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-03-28          182915

He's basically asking the new tractor price and tossing in around $3k worth of the most important attachments.

It's not like a car where after x miles it's done. This thing could work for a half-century, so the present reading is irrelevant. (Busy estate-owners might do 100/yr, commercial operators up to 10/day.) I'd just inspect the paint and pedals, look for leaks, check the FEL holds position, and everything works. ....

View my Photos
bravo0123

2012-03-29          182921

The best price I can get for a new 1860 with FEL and catcher is $14300 with the Kubota $700 back, $5000 over this tractor. So I guess it sounds good. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-03-29          182923

Wasn't trying to say he's overcharging -- if it checks out as near new and not abused. He would have paid near $5k for the attachments, but the used value is closer to 3. You might save on sales taxes too. ....

View my Photos
bravo0123

2012-03-29          182925

Thanks, this makes sense. I appreciate your advice, will check it out. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-03-30          182933

Three years old should had service. Who did that? (also what has been done and if no records you need to do all) If dealership they may have records. ....

View my Photos
bravo0123

2012-03-30          182936

Got new information on this. The dealer said the records older than 1 year were archived, and a little trouble to get to. But he had the records of the original purchase, late 2008. Once I look at it I think I can tell if it was really only 100 hour.

Bigger issue, I find out now that it is a BX1850 not BX1860. Seems he made a "mistake" in the original ad. Am going to check it out, but am not very pleased. More helpful info might be feedback on the difference in price between the models assuming the same condition and age. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-03-30          182940

I'm not a Kubota guru but I think a bare 1860 sold for $1350 more. Don't know the diff; both 18hp, but presumably the 60 has more something. I think the 60 is still being sold; if the 50 is not, being obsolete lowers the market value a little.

Don't know if Kubotas all have subframes. If you plan to use the hoe, make sure it's a Kubota one and attached to a subframe, not the rear hitch. If you don't plan to use it, well, they do cost a lot.

No hour meter, wrong model designation, well, at least it came from a local dealer so is not a gray-market model (which a small proportion of used Kubotas are). ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login