Backhoe options for Kubota L3010?: Kubota Price  -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Backhoe options for Kubota L3010?: Kubota Price -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum

discussion   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   photos   |   email   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Price Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 02-23-2008, 17:54 Post: 151619
pillageTHENb

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Backhoe options for Kubota L3010?

Hello there, I must first say that I know very near _nothing_ about tractors (as far as terms, slang, acronyms and abbreviations go). I am trying to do some research for my dad, he has a Kubota L3010 that currently has a box scraper and a front end loader on it. We need to get a backhoe for it and I don't know where to start. This seems like it is one of the more knowledgeable forums so I figured I'd give it a try!

A local dealer told me that I would probably need to go with the L4560 or the BL4690, he was pretty vague about details and as it was past closing time he wasn't too excited about answering more questions... anyway I decided to look around online and see what I could dig up. I've seen people who say they have used a "Taylor Way 766", a "Woods 7500" and "Bradco"; the dealer mentioned something about "Amerequip"? The number of options and combinations are daunting. We would need it for digging and trenching in Nevada soil (sometimes a little rocky, sometimes clay).

I don't know if I need a "frame" or even what that is. From a spec sheet I found online it says that the tractor had a "3-point hitch, Rear Hitch Catagory I"

I am supposed to find prices for my dad ("shop around" and find the best "deal"Wink yeah right. I know he doesn't want something that is going to break or be a pain in the neck to use but at the same time he probably does not want to spend a fortune on it either...

I know that is a lot to ask but if anyone out there has ANY information, tips, ideas, suggestions, commands, questions or help please let me know!
Thank you so very much for your time!

-Logan
Reno, NV

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

02-23-2008, 21:00 Post: 151620
hardwood

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Logan; Welcome to the board, we are a pretty diverse group, meaning that no one of us knows it all, but as a group we usally get things figured out. I'm basicly a John Deere person, but do have a tractor,(4310) that is just a bit bigger than your Kubota 3010, and a model 48 John Deere backhoe attachment to fit it. Depending on the size of backhoe you need would determine whethwer you need the bigger model tractor to put it on. Backhoes are built in most any size to fit tractors from smaller than your Dad's on up.
The difference between a frame mount hoe and a three point hitch mount hoe is, A three point hitch mounmt is just what ut says, the backhoe is mounted on the three point hitch of the tractor, and a frame mount hoe is attached to a subrframe that usually stays on the tractor whether the backhoe is on or off. Frame mount hoes are a more solid way of attaching a backhoe than a three point hitch, plus three point hitches can be easily damaged by the abnormal stress placed on them by the leverage that a backhoe can generate. I know that Kubota builds backhoes, but I'm not sure if they produce a frame mount model for your tractor. In my book a matched brand set, meaning for example a Kubota frame mount backhoe on a Kubota tractor, or John Deere frame mount backhoe on a John Deere tractor, etc. are always the best system. With the "Matched Brand" situation the backhoe was engeneered to properly fit the tractor, the hydraulic system of the backhowe was designed to be the right size and capacity to fit the tractor, etc. Perhaps the dealer you got kind of a brushoff from was having a bad day or was already late for something, so maybe give him another chance. If he is still in kind of a brushoff mood just leave and find another dealer that you are comfortable with. Kind of an old saying, "If you don't like the dealer you arent't going to like the tractor". Best of luck. Frank

02-24-2008, 15:35 Post: 151633
pillageTHENb

Filter by User

Thank you so much! That is already heaps more info than I have been able to find!! Yeah I am pretty sure that the people at the dealer I went to are nice people, in fact he wasn't really even rude to me I just think that since it was getting late in the day he wanted to go home and not spend 45 minutes explaining tractors to a "newbie". I will definitely give them another chance next business day.

So what I gather is that I will probably want a frame mount hoe that is designed to be a good match (size wise etc.) to this tractor. Ideally I think we want the biggest hoe that is comfortable, logical and safe for that tractor.

Well I will talk to the dealer again on Monday, hopefully armed with at least a little bit more knowledge... Thank you! I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Of course if anyone else still has ideas I'm always open!!

02-24-2008, 18:34 Post: 151637
auerbach

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Actually, I do know it all! (At least, that's what the wife says.)

Yes, by all means look at a Kubota one. I don't know Kubotas but expect that would mean buying new, and I'd guess the hoe will be around $5000+ and a subframe around $500. You would want to have it installed for you, and that's not like attaching the box scraper. And it will need or come with stabilizers, a rear-facing seat, and maybe a supplementary hydraulic reservoir and pump.

With the hoe on, the tractor is quite impeded. Yes, you could still mow or use the bucket, but with that heavy and high-reaching attachment, you'll be going slowly and carefully. Given what it costs and what it does to the tractor when it's on, you might want to look at hiring a hoe with operator, or seeing if you can just rent a hoe unless, of course, you'll be doing a lot of digging.

02-25-2008, 10:02 Post: 151651
Art White

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

The original backhoes offered from Kubota at the time they were built were three point hook-ups not the subframe units. Kubota didn't have the chassis problems that plagued many of the manufacturers that were breaking tractors at the clutch housings.

02-25-2008, 11:25 Post: 151652
pillageTHENb

Filter by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art White | view 151651
The original backhoes offered from Kubota at the time they were built were three point hook-ups not the subframe units.Kubota didn't have the chassis problems that plagued many of the manufacturers that were breaking tractors at the clutch housings.

So does that mean that I might not "need" to get a subframe as well?

Once a subframe is attached is the backhoe something that we could take on and off if needed?

Regarding just renting one, we looked into that pretty extensively and it turns out for the amount of digging he needs to do and the number of jobs already in sight it would cost much more to rent than it would to just buy one.

Well thanks again for the info, I'm going to try to make it by the Kubota dealer today and see what they have to say as well. Thanks to all of you for helping me make this an educated decision!

-Logan

02-25-2008, 11:36 Post: 151653
candoarms

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Logan,

Depending upon how deep you need to dig, and how often the hoe will have to be removed and reattached to the tractor, you might find that it would be better to purchase a small excavator, such as those made by Bobcat.

If you do a little searching at Proxibid, you'll find small excavators that sell for about the same price as a tractor mounted backhoe. The convenience of not having to remove the backhoe when mowing, will more than pay for the extra cost of the excavator.

Check the following link. Search for an "EXCAVATOR" in your area. Either that, or look for a used backhoe to fit your tractor. Once you know which model you need, and how much a new one costs, you will then be able to bid with confidence.

See the link below.

Joel

Link:   Proxibid Online Auctions. Bid From Home. 

02-25-2008, 13:37 Post: 151657
pillageTHENb

Filter by User

Thanks Joel! I'll check out Proxibid... You have a good point about getting a stand-alone excavator that is used only for that. However he (my dad) does not have agriculture save for a few animals and we live in Nevada so mowing is probably not going to be an issue in the near future (lots of sagebrush, an occasional Juniper Tree and that's about it). The tractor is currently used for generic "around the ranch" type work: moving fill-dirt, logs, rocks, grating the driveway, moving the boat, leveling ground etc. etc. so I'm not sure if it would really be a problem, I assume he wouldn't be changing it out very often.

I will look in to the bobcat excavators too, that does sound like a good option, then he would never have to worry about changing attachments... And like you said, if I can find one for a similar price it would certainly save the headache of dealing with another attachment!

Thanks!

-Logan

p.s. Advice and input is still welcome!!

02-25-2008, 14:35 Post: 151662
hardwood

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Pillage; I wasn't sure when I first responded to your post, but Art has cleared up the point of a subframe hoe not being produced for your tractor. If you have the time to look around it might be worth your time to visit a dealer who has a later model tractor with a subframe hoe mounted on it for display. I have not watched a Kubota subframe hoe being mounted or dismounted from the tractor, but I have put my Deere hoe on and off dozens of times. Both Kubota and Deere use in principle the same basic design for attaching the hoe unit to the subframe. Once the subframe is on the tractor, it is a less than ten minute job without any heavy lifting to mount or dismount the hoe. Frank.

02-25-2008, 19:46 Post: 151675
EMERICHSALES

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
Location: 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

Filter by User

The original Backhoe for the Kubota L3010 is the BL4690 but I would look into a BushHog or Woods brand with a SubFrame mount. You could always trade it in on the New Kubota Grand L-40 Series, Which takes a BH90 Backhoe. You can take it on and off in minutes.
Kevin

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Price Forum

Thread 151619 Filter by Poster:
Art White 2 | auerbach 1 | billtreat 1 | candoarms 5 | charlieK 1 | EMERICHSALES 2 | hardwood 2 | Icyman 1 | kthompson 2 | KubotaRick 1 | pillageTHENb 8 | taogden 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Kubota Dealer Price List
+ Kubota B2920 versus Mahindra 2015
+ Kubota BX 2350, B2620, B7800 Prices, implements, a
+ Kubota L3940 GST or HST ??
+ Prices On Kubota B7510, BX23, BX2230
+ Backhoe options for Kubota L3010?
+ Kubota B7800 Price Check
+ Kubota BX 24 Prices - my experience
+ Kubota B40C Tiller Review
+ Kubota D722-E for Toro Dingo

Most Discussion