Go Bottom Go Bottom

DK 65

View my Photos
Farmuse
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-20          86451

Took the DK back to the dealer Monday 5/20 for hydraulic heating problem, No steering(55 hours of use) Has not found the problem says he is still "working on it".He's had it for four days. Anyone know of any problems with the hydraulic heat build up? DK 65 Cab FEL.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

DK 65

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-05-20          86463

Have not heard of any hydrolic overheating problems.
Let us know what the dealer finds. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
Farmuse

2004-05-21          86494

Dealer called last night 10 pm said he has had priority valve and pto engagement valve dissasembled and finds nothing that should be causing the problem. Said he had no way to simulate pto load. (What about a dyno I ask)Tells me to pick up Saturday morning and use the tractor to see if by chance the problem has been solved. He has explained to me about the service manual not being very helpful in this area. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
limpincoyote

2004-05-21          86504

I'm in the market right now for a tractor and have been looking hard at the DK65. I'll sure be interested in seeing how this problem comes out. Does anyone have additional information on the DK65? Been looking at Case and New Holland and just found out they're the same. Not that impressed with either. Priced "Green"--WOW! Looking at Kubota this weekend, but still like what I see in Kioti ....

DK 65

View my Photos
Farmuse

2004-05-21          86527

I am very satisfied with my tractor very strong and stabil.There was $10,000 difference between Deere and Kioti comparably equipped and $8,500 difference from New Holland Tractor. I am just having some heating problems in the hydraulics. I push it pretty hard with a 9ft. disc mower and 630 nh round baler. After I run it a while the hydraulics heat and the power steering gets week. The dealer has run it today after working on it and cannot get the steering to give up. MAybe they have it fixed. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
Farmuse

2004-06-07          87911

Problem Solved the tractor had a problem in the priority valve and the dealer took one off of another New DK 65 he had on the lot. He said it was the earlier type valve what ever that means. So I am back up and running. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-06-07          87966

farmuse,
Glad to hear you are all fixed up.
Hope all goes well from here on out. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
willamdentalfreak

2004-06-24          89283

Im new to the board here, but so your comments regarding your DK65 and just wanted to know if you have had any other problems, and how would you compare this tractor to others of its class. (My DK65 will be delivered Saturday so I hope I made the right choice)

Bill ....

DK 65

View my Photos
limpincoyote

2004-07-08          90354

Farmuse,

Now that you've had your DK65 for a few weeks, how is it stacking up? I'll be buying before the end of the Summer and the DK65 is still on my list. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
Farmuse

2004-07-28          92137

135 hours of use working great very pleased too date with all aspects of the tractor. Does not seem to be as strong on the lower end as the 4630 Ford tractor we have (supposed to be the same horsepower) but of course the 4630 is not pulling an aircondition or cab or four wheel drive around either. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
limpincoyote

2004-08-01          92428

Glad to hear the DK65 is working well, local dealer just got one in and I'm planning to go down there next week and check on it. Planning to get the DK65C with FEL, 7' cutter and 8' tiller. Probably get hay spear as well, but may wait and get an after-market item. Sure would appreciate any insights anyone may have that haven't been discussed on the forum. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
limpincoyote

2004-08-20          93918

Well I did it! Got the DK65 with 1730FEL, 72" Tiller, 72" Box Blade; 84" Mower, and hay forks. Should be able to work these 73 acres now.

I'll let you know how it works out and post a few pictures in a couple of weeks. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-08-20          93984

Congratulation on the new machine!
I hope your DK 65 works out as well for you as my DK 35 has worked for me.
Just over 2 1/2 years and 355 hours and my Kioti keeps right on impressing me, works great, 0 problems.. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-28          106956

Farmuse, you have had your DK65 for nearyly a year now. Can you give us the latest with your impressions and feedback? I am considering a DK65C for a possible future purchase. Thanks. ....

DK 65

View my Photos
Farmuse

2006-03-08          125802

Well I have had it almost two years almost now and over 500 hours. I am still pleased with the unit and it is giving me good service. The only thing I will say negative is that the clutch has been adjusted at least three times to give proper top play. It has never slipped however but the adjustment is something I would watch if you buy one. The clutches in these machines are evidently not a strong point as I have heard others talk about this same issue. I am not one to ride the clutch either nor do I move in an opposite direction before coming to a full stop. The little Perkins is pretty gutsy I had it dynoed at the last service (just a little over three hundred hours) and it turned 79hp at stall and 67hp at rated speed (540 PTO) which is well above factory ratings. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login