Go Bottom Go Bottom

landscape rake use

View my Photos
burtalm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-03          78683

Okay, one more guys. How much down pressure can you put on a landscape rake with out wrecking it. My son wants to plant some clover as a replacement ground cover in several places as "wildlife management". If we hit the area with round up and went over it well with a landscape rake, would we get the ground loose enough to broadcast spread the clover seed so it would take well? If you think this would work, I might not need a plow or a tiller. You experienced guys wanna weigh in on this thought? Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

landscape rake use

View my Photos
moosefishing
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-04          78781

depends on a lot of things. soil contitions, moisture content, You may consider checking out some of the hunting forums, or get a hold of your county extension agent, or land office. ....

landscape rake use

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-05          78867

burtalm, I would suggest a disk for breaking up the surface soil for planting a food plot. The landscaping rake is designed to work with already loosened soil. I don't think it would do very well. Multiple passes with a disk and then use a pto spreader to put down the seed mix, lime, and fertilizer. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login