Go Bottom Go Bottom

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
crozier
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-28          72494

Does anybody have a CK20 with a midmount mower and R4 tires? I just took delivery of mine and notice that the tires rub on the front of the deck when I turn. I have to believe this can be adjusted and was looking to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
wallac

2003-12-29          72585

I have sold and assembled several of these machines and never had this problem. Make sure you have the proper size tires on it. The proper size tires should be (23x8.5-12) ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
moosefishing
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-29          72587

I have assembeled and sold several Kioti's also.... Does this mean that I can clame that the Kioti is "Made in America"?
(my 2 ford pickups, amd 1 cheverolet pickup were only "assembeled" here in Americia!!!!!!!) ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
wallac

2003-12-29          72588

On the front bracket there is 3 holes in which you can adjust the mower, I put the pins in the middle hole. This bracket is in the very front, (in front of the axle) ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
wallac

2003-12-29          72589

If it helps boost sales! Maybe I will try that line to! ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
crozier

2003-12-29          72626

Wallac,

Thanks for the tip. I moved to the middle hole and that did it. It comes close now when I turn but never hits, I think moving the the 3rd hole would probably put it to close to the back tires.

Can you explain how the locking bar works? It looks like the rod is in the notch all the time but the deck still goes up and down with the rear draft control. I've played around with the little lever but it doesn't seem to do anything. I have a front end loader on the machine which restricts the movement somewhat.

Thanks for the help. ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
wallac

2003-12-31          72770

The lock bar is used to hold the mower deck up when you are using the 3pt. hitch, That is a real pain in the butt to fine tune it, to get it to work properly, You are suppose to lift up on the rod before letting the mower down when you raise it up it should drop into the notch. ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
crozier

2003-12-31          72808

Wallac,

I see what you mean. It took me 4 times adjusting before I got it. But now "she aint nothin but right" Thanks for the help. ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
kjmorgan

2004-01-01          72856

Well how do you like the machine so far? Is it everything you hoped for in a MACHINE? ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
crozier

2004-01-02          72887

If your are talking about the tractor, I'm happy with it so far. I've only got 5 hours on it but so far so good. Interestingly enough my neighbor and I each bought one. I got the gear drive, he got the hydrostat. After driving mine he wished he had gotten the gear. I've done some mowing and I like the mower as well. But being winter (and it has been very wet here)I've been tearing up the yard some in the soft areas. I plan to take my loader off durung mowing season and I think the tractor will handle better for mowing. With the loader on and no fluid in the rear tires the tractor spins easily when I'm turning uphill. Shouldn't have that problem with the loader off. ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
thepipe

2004-01-02          72891

Crozier:
Why does your neighbor dislike his hydro? Over the years I have operated both and, to me, the hydro is the only way to go for 99% of what we do with them. I'm going to look (and maybe buy) on Monday so I would appreciate any information you have. dp ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
jimb1724

2004-03-16          80096

i live in NH and i am seriously looking at the ck20 hydro... i thought that it would be easier for my wife to operate as well... is there that big of a power difference between the hydro and gear ? also, can anyone give me reasons not to buy the kioti over a kubota ? thanks.. ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
crozier

2004-03-18          80345

I've got 30 hours on my CK (gear) so far. In many respects I think the hydro will be better, especially back and forth stuff like loader work and pushing snow. The gear does feel stronger but I think the hydro will do everything the gear will do, it just feels different. We will know the whole sory in just a couple of weeks as mowing season in central Virginia is just beginning. I'll give an update then. I belive there will be several beers drunk this summer arguing about which tranny is better and I'm looking forward to that!

As far as the tractor overall goes I am very happy with it so far. ....

CK 20 with MMM

View my Photos
jimb1724

2004-03-18          80347

crozier
thanks for the info... i am going to test drive and most likely sign papers on a ck20hst on friday... i've only seen good things on kioti... mowing season! wow.. we still have another month of plowing season up here in nh...

enjoy..
jim b nh ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login