Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
gerbilone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-31          67651

doing maintenance on 1914...What is a good type of hydraulic fluid to use ....Any brands better than others...Can you just top up the fluid or should you do a complete change.....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-31          67654

I would recommend that you check the manual, but since you are asking here, you probably don't have the manual available.

You don't generally have problems with mixed fluids, but if you had synthetics in there, you would degrade their properties if you added a petroleum fluid. It is most likely that you have petroleum based fluid in there and I have mixed fluids before to top off a reservoir without any problems. Most hydraulic fluids have to meet the same testing specifications even if they come from different sources.

Personally I use NH 134 fluid in my NH tractor. It should work fine in your Koiti also. I use the NH fluid in my AC fork lift and other places. ....

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-01          67692

134D is pretty universal stuff and many box store oils meet the same specs but I'd check what is recommended. I use NH F200 in my Ford, which is a multi-season version of 134D and recommended by my dealer for the cold winters here. ....

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
buster1

2003-11-04          67949

The manual for the 1914 lists several oils you can use. The only one I could find was valvoline unitrac at napa. About 45.00 for 5 gal. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login