Go Bottom Go Bottom

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
Gro_Kiwi
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-16          66353

I am in the market for a new tractor. The closest Kioti dealer is about 120 miles away. Locally we have most of the other major tractor dealers including Kubota.

On paper the CK20 HST looks like a nice tractor, but I have been unable to find one to test drive.

Though the CK 20 HST seems to have the power of a Kubota Compact tractor B7500, it appears from the pictures to be more of the physical size of Kubota's subcompact tractors.

In the Kubota line, the B2410 or the new B7510 fit my specs the best.

How does the CK20 HST compare. The Kubota has a turning radius of about 7 feet (84 inches) How about the CK20?
Does the CK20 HST have one pedal like Kubota or two like John Deere?

Does the CK20 have position control for the 3 point?

I am located near Fresno CA. One dealer I talked to wanted $15,900 for a CK20 HST with a loader. The other wanted $14,000. Are those reasonable prices? From the web, it appears I could get a much better deal if I drove either to Texas, Michigan or to Alabama to purchase the tractor, but then that is about a 3,000 round trip.

Is the CK 20 HST as durable and reliable as te Kubota?
Thanks for the help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-10-16          66381

Kioti makes a very nice tractor.As far as I know The CK20 has a single peddle HST like Kubota.But since the dealer is so far away did you price other brands more local to compare ?
You mentioned Kubota models you like but no prices.
I would want prices and test drives from several dealers on several differant brands and go from there.

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-16          66392

I think that it would be hard to find a tractor with a lower warrantee rate then the Kubota as I know that there are none built with an american name on it. All of us are different and have different needs, you need to find what you need for your own self and then pick the equipment. There are many posts as to the merits of a dealer being nearby unless you are mechanically inclined. ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
KIOTIMAN

2003-11-10          68375

TH CK IN MY OPONION IS A MUCH STURDIER BUILT UNIT THAN THE SMALLER KUBOTA'S. GOOD LUCK. ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
crozier

2003-11-16          68879

I have test driven both the CH20 HST and the Kubota 7500 this past week. The CK is much closer in size to the B-series than the BX series. Price in Virginia is about 11,000 for the CK with loader. About 12,200 for a B7500 comparably equipped. Kubota will have a 7610 comming out next month that will have 24/18 HP.

The Kioti is the only midmount mower I've found that has a rear discharge, which I like.

I'm still concerned about parts availability for the Kioti 20 years from now. ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-16          68880

I think that the CK20 from the spec's is caught in between the BX and the B series tractors. It does exceed them both in weight but that has been known to hinder the performance of a tractor if it is in excess of what the horsepower can move efficiently or if it is in the wrong place. The rear discharge mowers under tractors have been having mixed reveiws and not turning out to be as nice as they were once thought to be. trouble is they tend to leave more grass clippings under the rear of the tractors or with the ability to get under the operators platform and over the transmissions. This has caused some problems with heat build up. They still will give windrowing between the blades unless mowing often enough. ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
johnmercer

2003-11-20          69150

I am just starting my research so pardon my lack of knowledge if I pose a question with an obvious answer.... I too am heading in the direction of the CK20, Kubota B series but what is the Kioti LB1914??? Spec wise it looks similar to the CK?? I know there has to be some obvious difference, please explain...Thanks ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-20          69160

You really need to look at the two, even a good picture would do of the side. Think of ease of entering the tractor and getting off the tractor. ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
crozier

2003-11-20          69201

I would say that the CK20 is the next generation of tractors. They share the same engine (however the CK is rated at 21 HP vs 19 for the LB19). Go to the Kioti website and you can see pics and specs of both tractors. ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-20          69209

I've often refered it to the americanization of a brand. Controls are easier to get at,better labeling or occasional users, and more or improved performance of the hydraulics. ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
CA_Farmer

2003-11-21          69215

Well, Gentlemen,
thanks for all of the advice. I talked at length with Allen at Rivera Machinery in Donna Texas about the CK 20HST. (http://www.riverasmachinery.com/ck20hst_package_special.html

He made me a very attractive deal which included a 5 year warranty on the CK 20HST. A CK20HSt with a Loader, Foldable ROPS, R4 tires, a 48 inch Box scraper and a 48 inch tandem disk, a 16 foot trailer with tandem axles and electric brakes for $14,500 plus $1,400 (total of $15,900) to deliver it 1,850 miles to me in CA. The best price I could find here in CA for just the Tractor and a loader was $15,500.

When I told the local Kubota dealer I had decided to take Allen's deal, the local dealer offered me a 24 HP Kubota B2410 with a Kubota 352 loader, a 60 inch bush hog box scraper and a 60 inch gearmore tandem disc, for $16,750 and threw in 2 years of free pickup and delivery for all service work.

So, I now have the Kubota on order. ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-21          69224

Good choice!! Great Value!! There are many people happy with there Kioti equipment. I know I value a local dealer and support when in trouble with equipment. ....

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-11-21          69310

Congratulations on the new machine.
I agree with Art.Having a local dealer is much nicer if they are willing to work with you.

CK20 HST vs Kubota 7500

View my Photos
snowgoose

2009-03-17          161166

I have no knowledge of the Kubota 7800's performance. I can tell you that the Kioti is a much heavier tractor and I have been very pleased with my 2008 model. (The 2009 has been bumped up to 22hp. and is called a Ck 20s) I have only one complaint and I was aware of this short coming when I bought the tractor. The hst model has only two transmission ranges. The low range will allow you to do anything the little tractor was designed to do as long as you don't want to go faster than 5 mph. The high range will take you up to 10 mph but limits the power of the tractor. If you have a level yard or field to mow no problem, but it will not climb a hill while brush hogging or mowing in high range. I'm not bothered by it that much because it much much cheaper than any other tractor of that size and hp range. It is very well made, but a little ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login