Go Bottom Go Bottom

DK35 68hr Evaluation

View my Photos
mwestfall
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-27          64967

I have 68 hrs on my DK35 with a KL1450 loader and a frame mounted Rhino 85 (same as the KB2085) backhoe. I use it for mostly excavation type work. When I took delivery of the tractor I was very disappointed in the loader lift capacity. I found that the loader relief valve was set at approx. 1800 psi. and the loader was rated to operate at 2300 psi. I adjusted the valve and now the loader works almost at what I would have expected. The first time I greased the loader several of the fittings pulled out. I will need to install threaded fittings. I also noticed a lot of play in the curl when changing direction. The factory has offered to supply an orifice kit to remedy this. I have not received it yet and continue to send Emails. I should have checked onto a Koyker or similar brand. They offer more lift and curl at lower operating pressure, and a more mature design.

The backhoe works okay. I suspect that the relief valve may be set low for this also. The mounting system is strong, but hangs way too low and too far behind the tractor. It drags on any incline and gets caught on uneven ground. The brackets holding the backhoe to the frame have 3/4" bolts with too much play in the mounting holes. I cannot keep them tight. The factory (SMC Corp.) advised me to tighten them tighter and use double nuts. This works for a while but eventually loosens up again. The other tractor companies have much neater and higher mounting systems. A Bradco would have been nice.

I have had an axle seal replace under warranty with no problems. But I mentioned excessive noise from the hydraulic steering pump, I was told that they would not warranty it until it breaks

. The fact that the big 3 tractor companies did not offer anything with the HP, weight and features of this tractor in this price range is the main reason I purchased it. The quality is much better than the Chinese brands and the price was much lower than the Japanese brands. Overall I feel I got a good tractor for the money.

I recently attended a local fair and compared several brands such as John deer, Kubota, AGCO, MF, KIOTI, They all bash the other guys and claim to be the best.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

DK35 68hr Evaluation

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-27          64972

Great objective review. We need this type of thing for the new on-line data sheets we are developing. Please register on the board. ....

DK35 68hr Evaluation

View my Photos
DIRTBALL

2003-09-27          64980

WITH JUST OVER 75HRS ON MY DK35 I DO HAVE NOISEY STEERING.ITS BEEN THAT WAY SINCE DAY ONE WITH MINE.IVE HAD ONE HYD LEAK REPAIRED UNDER WARRENTY NO PROBLEM.I HAVE A GREAT BEND LOADER(260) ON MY UNIT WITH NO PROBLEMS. I AM NEW TO THE TRACTOR GAME SO I WOULDNT KNOW ABOUT LOADER PERFORMANCE BUT IT SEEMS TO OPERATE WITH MORE SPEED THAN SOME LOADERS IVE SEEN BEFORE.LAODER SEEMS WELL MADE TO ME. ....

DK35 68hr Evaluation

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-09-27          64987

mwestfall,
I have the same tractor,loader, backhoe set up that you have.
DK 35 tractor-no problems so far, (190 hours),love the tractor, strong and comfortable. I do wish I would have gotten the creeper gear option.
KL 1450 loader (positive features)- I like the way it is attached to the tractor, and the framing seems strong, crontrols are comfortable, lift seems good.
KL 1450 (negative features)- some original grease fittings fell out, bucket curl power and roll back angle are wimpy.
Rhino 85 backhoe (positive features)- power seems OK, quickness and controls good,subframing seems strong and easy to remove and install.
Rhino 85 (negative features)- backhoe and subframe take up a lot of storage space when removed, subframe does stick back and drag, grease fitting on the lowest bucket pivot gets knocked off by rocks.
Overall I'm very pleased with the tractor, the loader could use some improvements.

DK35 68hr Evaluation

View my Photos
Justaplain

2003-12-10          70711

They replaced a valve on my DK35 to quiet that power steering noise. It worked bcs ....

DK35 68hr Evaluation

View my Photos
n.c. rob

2004-04-14          83152

i also have a dk35,i love the tractor.primarily for my landscape busines,i have minor complaints.4x4 lever is very stiff to disengage,appears to have a leak in the bell housing area. kl 1450 loader no problems. handles 6' boxblade with ease. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login