Go Bottom Go Bottom

pto problem on Kioti 3054

View my Photos
Dave Roy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-07-16          6037

Help.I just bought a Kioti 3054 tractor used w/144 hrs.Appeared to be very good.First thing i did was change hydraulic fluid.6 gal. required.I drained over 8 gal.out so it was filled way too full when i bought it although there is no leaks.Bought a new 6 ft Kingkutter bushog and went to work.Was really happy,able to go thru waist high johnson grass just fine.Now the problem;after 1 acre job was finished i couldn't get pto to stop.I kept working the pto lever and it would shift between 1000 and 540 but would not go in neutral.Finally it went to neutral but then it wouldn't engage again either 540 or 1000 rpm.The pto shift lever just slides up and back no friction.Links are intact on outside of trans. housing so something must have messed up inside.I took it to Kioti dealer.His shop manual didn't show much about pto so mechanic said he'd have to take it apart to diagnose as he'd never seen this before.Has anyone had this happen to them?Was really dissappointing to break it the first day.Any advice or guidance will really be appreciated.Either post message or e-mail.Thanks in advance.Dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Junior Frazier

1999-07-16          6040

Do you have a plate on the gear shift,that can be removed,On some tractors the shifter will slip out of the fork that slides it from 540 n 1000 pto speed.Where the shifting rod goes through the housing,The pin or colar could have let it sliped out of the fork that shifts it.Hope this helps could be a simple problem,But dealer could make some money for small job .But i have be wrong befour,I do all my work on my equiement my self,There is a lot of web site that could helpyou out there,Good luck,Junior ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-07-17          6052

I agree. I've never seen the inside of one either, but what you aredescribing sounds more like a shifting linkage problem. On most all machinery you can expect to find a plate on the top or sides of the transmission that allows access to what are called the shifting rails. A typical design will haveshifting forks that ride on rails or perhaps shifting forks that are moved bydogs and cams located right inside that cover. Your hand lever moves the forkswhich in turn move the gears into and out of engagement. If this all sounds abit vague its because that it is! More like transmission shifting designphilosophy than "how to repair a Kioti:. But is simply sounds as though one ofthe forks has come adrift. It could be as simple as a cotter pin. Most machinerywill have similar problems.....I wouldn't worry about it, or even think that ithas anything to do with the rest of the machine. Machinery built in the ThirdWorld does tends to have these type of annoying problems. You'll probablydiscover a few more of them. My own opinion is that it has to do with an assemblyline workforce that is not raised to be "machine smart". It doesn't impact theover-all design of the tractor. Good Luck! Roger L ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login