Go Bottom Go Bottom

tractors

View my Photos
Jim Irick
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-12-22          33980

I am in the martket for a compact tractor. I have been looking at JD 4500, NH tc40 (not the d series) and Kioti DK45, with a fel, 6' heavy duty brush hog and a bale spear. The DK45 is priced $3765.00 below the JD4500 and $1635.00 below the NH. The old saying goes" if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" Would like any comments from owners of the DK45 as to the value of the tractor compared to the others. Thanks Jim.
And Merry Christmas too all!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tractors

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-23          33992

You might do a search in the archives on Kioti. I believe the comments have been generally that it's a decent tractor. However, parts and support can be a problem for any gray market tractor. A gray market can be a good deal especially for people who can do their own mechanics and have found secure parts sources.

I think the higher prices for big 3 or 4 tractors is mostly a premium for the dealer and parts support available. Some of the grays may be better tractors than a big name one, but you can't necessarily just call up a dealer and have a part couriered to you. I paid the premium myself and generally think it's worth the money.

tractors

View my Photos
woodmills1

2001-12-23          33993

i have a kioti lk 3054 and it is a very good performer. i have used it to mow around our orchard and to power up and drive my metavic log loading trailer. this combination was assembled by payeur in sherbrook canada. I bought it used here in NH but have spoken with them and they seem to have most parts on hand. ....

tractors

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-12-23          34009

My understanding is that Kioti were initially affiliated Kubota. My brother in law bought one small one a number of years ago. On this model the parts were interchangable with the Kubota of the same size.
I believe the main difference it the price of labor in Korea vs Japan. Won vs Yen. You see the same price difference in the Kia, Daewoo and other Korean cars.
I don't think the quality is less than the Japanese tractors, necessarily. When I looked at them a few years ago they were near the same price. ....

tractors

View my Photos
Ashley Wilkes

2001-12-24          34031

I have owned an LK 3054 for just 3 weeks and all I have done with it is mow with 5' bush hog which I bought new with the tractor.So far all works well and I am pleased.Kioti has dealers in KY in Owensboro,Hodgenville,Danville,etc. all of whom have parts and service.The price on the Kioti is better than I could get with comparable JD and NH dealers,and JD uses a Yanmar engine,NH a Mitsubishi drivetrain anyway,so if you get this class of compact tractor you will be buying SE Asia components.Kioti quality compares favprable with Kubota and costs less. ....

tractors

View my Photos
TomG

2001-12-25          34035

Happy to hear there are Kioti dealers, because it seemed like a decent tractor. I actually misused the term 'gray market,' which usually refers to a product that is imported to a country where the same produce is marketed through a dealer/distributor organization in that country. It's probably better to call Kioti an import.

Warranties are normally provided through the home country organization, and it is understandable that they wouldn't want to pay for warranty repairs to tractors they haven't sold. Selling through a dealer network is one way of retailing. It can be thought of as high quality and with higher costs, and part of the higher costs are reflected in higher dealer selling prices. So, many ‘country’ distributors have policies that dealers can't work on gray market product. The policies are supposed to protect their dealers. The same companies also may have policies that prohibit 'discount pricing' by their dealers--guess that's understandable too. Customers who haven't paid their share of maintaining a dealer network shouldn't reap the benefits of the network either.

Guess all this is understandable, even if not necessarily pleasant. However, if manufacturers didn't protect their dealers, then we probably would all be buying tractors at the local box store and saving the original packaging to ship it across the country for repairs at our expenses--after using the 800-number help line that is. Guess that’s why box stores don’t tend to carry serious products.

tractors

View my Photos
maddog

2001-12-27          34085

Kioti tractors are not grey market tractors, the only people that call them that name are jealous dealers of other brands! ....

tractors

View my Photos
Todd Wilson

2001-12-28          34104

My friend as a Kioti DK45 with loader and has done a lot of work with it this first year he has owned it. Plenty of power and seems to run really good. We have a dealer locally. Only question is will it last 50 years like some of the old classics?

Todd

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login