Go Bottom Go Bottom

Purchased another Kioti LB1914

View my Photos
Kenneth L. Hawk
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-09-17          31857

Last month I purchased a Kioti DK45. I liked it so much, that I decided to buy a smaller unit for just mowing and tilling. I bought a LB1914 with a 5 ft. finish mower and a 47 inch offset tiller. So far, I am very pleased with both units.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
doug wall

2001-09-20          31909

Congrats!!! ....

View my Photos
doug wall

2001-09-20          31910

I have a 1999 LB1914 with FEL and BoxScraper with 165hrs. I have 2 acres with horses it's a very handy machine, no problems so far!!

View my Photos
Walt Johnson

2001-11-01          32884

I own 17 acres in KY and 5 in TN.I have been looking at a Kioti 1914 2001 Model new with 5 foot finish mower tiller and 16 foot trailer combo for $ 10,695 at O'Bryan Implement Sales in Owensboro,KY(about 100 miles from both properties.Is this a good tractor for my needs?Big enough at 21.5 HP 4 wheel drive?Is this a good price for the combo?I want to trade in a 60 year olf Farmall H and 5 foot pull typw rotary mower.They will allow me $1200.What does eveyone think? ....

Link:   Prospective Kioti LB1914 buyer

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-11-01          32890

The price looks good fine, but I might consider a slightly larger tractor. My brother in-law has a Kioti 18 HP PTO and his recommendation to me was that you get a slightly larger tractor. I don't know it you are quoting PTO Hp or motor HP, but if it is the engine think a little larger.
I purchased a JD with 19 HP PTO 4x4 and traded it this year for a larger one (greater hp). It will handle the finishing mower all right but would not do a 4ft brush mower justice. My recommendation is to look at ~ 23 hp or larger.
I don't think that there is any thing wrong with the Kioti's or O'Bryans from what I know. When I looked at the Kiotis I could do better, price wise on the New Hollands in Breckinridge county. At the time I thought the New Hollands were a better tractor ergodynamically (new Boomers vs old Kiotis).
Peters ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-11-02          32913

I'd agree with Peters, but I'd go larger yet....at least 30 hp and larger if I could afford it. That Farmall H is a considerably larger tractor than any of the Kiotis that you are looking at. Its a matter of weight and stability more than horsepower. If your land is has any slope to it, I'd want to try out the compact before committing to a deal. The price on the Kioti sounds OK, but I wouldn't let the Farmall H go for $1200 - particularly not with an implement that you are going to need to replace. You can get that kind of money for it most days. Its money in the bank. If it were me, I'd buy the little Kioti as a "chore tractor", put enough money into the Farmall H so that it is a useful tool for the slopes and rough stuff, and keep them both. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login