Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti survey

View my Photos
Vince
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-04-04          2379

I'm still considering a purchase of a compact. I've looked at the most popular, JD (4100), Kubtota (B1700/2100), etc. I've just now started searching the web to gather info on Kioti, probably the LK 2554, maybe the LK 3054. The prices seem MUCH MORE reasonable than the favorites: what gives? The majority opinion seems to suggest that these are is a good, reliable machine but that they lack creature comforts. I'd be greatful for your input on this issue and on some related issues. What is the warranty? What will a loader cost? Can these machines handle a mid-mount mower? I've seen no discussion of a plow blade or snowblower; will the machines noted above handle these and will they start in the upstate NY winter? Absent an invasion by the North Koreans, should I expect to be able to get parts? Thanks for your honest input.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kioti survey

View my Photos

1999-04-04          2386

If you look over at the Small Tractor FAQ they are listed as "Service Challenged" along with Rhino, Belarus, Tafe and Zetor. That, along with the lower re-sale that many claim, may be why they cost less. I do know that the fit and finish is not in the same class as the major brands. Look at: http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/kb13/ans_brands.htm ....

Kioti survey

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-04-04          2391

The lesser companies figure they have to price under the majors by 10% to be competitive. I represent a company that makes a loader for several models of Kioti. For further info I can be contacted at sheaftractor@coiinc.com ....

Kioti survey

View my Photos

1999-04-04          2398

I bought a LK3054 last November and like it real well. I got it to clear land for a lot and have 50 hours on it as of this weekend. These have been hard hours with lots of loader work, pulling trees and rocks, stump pulling w/related digging, bush hogging and some box blade work. No problems with performance or anything breaking. I have found the service points easy to get at and I keep the machine well greased. I live in upstate NY too and during the winter wasn't running the machine as I keep it across town on the land I'm clearing. I started it about once a week and it always fired right up, even at 0 degrees. Kiotis are manufactured by Daedong, the largest ag. manufacturer in South Korea. According to their site, they have been in business since right after WW II and started selling tractors in the 1960's. Sales in the USA started in the early '90's. They just came out with a 35 hp version. Successful Farming rated it as one of their Editor's Picks. As far as resell goes, I've seen places on the internet listing them 80-90% of their price. I don't know what they actually go for as I haven't seen 2nd hand ones on dealer lots up here. Hope this helps,Lee ....

Kioti survey

View my Photos
Bill H

1999-04-05          2408

I thoroughly researched the Kioti and had almost made up my mind to go with it. It looks like a solid machine. You can read my posts and others below so I won't repeat them. I decided to go with a JD 4200 at the end. Price was not really that much different. The JD had more PTO lift capacity, independent PTO, and the option for a mid PTO. I paid a little more but got a little more. ....

Kioti survey

View my Photos

1999-04-05          2436

Yep, Bill there is a series of good posts below on it and you based your decision on solid research. Technical correction on the independant PTO - the LK3054 has independent PTO, LK2554 doesn't, but (I believe) the LK1954. Although, I'm not sure about the mid PTO, the LK3054 will take a mid mount mower (the only reason I can think of what you would want one for). It also has front PTO @ engine speed. I personally wasn't interested in either as that is not my use for the beast. I am one less stump as of this evening! :)As far as pto lift, I read your earlier post with interest. You mentioned three measurement methods being used. Could you explain the difference in the measurements you mentioned there? I was satisfied when the pto driven hitch lifted the front of the Kioti off of the ground, but am curious all the same.Lee ....

Kioti survey

View my Photos

1999-04-05          2437

Woops, I meant to say the I believe the LK1954 DOES have independant PTO. BTW, I do not know much about Daedong's 35 hp model. It seems to be a more HP version of the LK3054 though.Lee ....

Kioti survey

View my Photos
Bill H

1999-04-06          2467

Hope I didn't give some misinformation, I was just reading off what the Kioti dealer gave me. I have his comparison sheets which state the LK 2554 has "Trans Driven PTO with dry single clutch, LK3054 has Live PTO with dry single clutch", the 4200 and 4300 have Independent clutch. The brochure from Kioti says the LK3054 has a "transmission driven rear PTO with over-running clutch" and a "dry type (dual stage)" clutch. I am no expert on this stuff but I thought Independent PTO was different, although . Maybe someone can help me out here.Regarding the PTO lift capacity, I'm also not an expert so cannot explain different measurements. I can only give you the numbers from brochures. Kioti gives lift capacity at lift point: LK2554=2100#, LK3054=2150#. JD gives lift capacity at 24" behind link ends: 4200=1700#, 4300=2200#. Now note that Kubota gives both numbers: L2500=1985# at lift point and L2500=1435# at 24 in behind LP. I don't have L3010 numbers. I figured that if the 4200 had more lift at 24" than the Kubota, which has almost as much at the lift point than the Kioti LK2554, than the 4200 must have more than the LK2554 also. Not very scientific I know, but probably not invalid. I could use some help here too.Regarding the mid-PTO, neither Kioti spec sheets lists the mid-PTO as an option. This actually became less important to me when I found out how much mid-mowers cost...Bottom line, I'm not knocking the Kioti. It looks like a great machine. But based on my needs, wants, and the prices I was given, another choice was more appropriate. And that choice was not governed by color. ....

Kioti survey

View my Photos
Flash

1999-05-16          3878

To Lee--I read your message about your recent purchase of a Kioti3054. I have been looking for a tractor of this size for a long time for chores around my 40 acres. I spent a lot of time comparing technical data, etc. andof course price, parts availability, service. I am about to buy a new Kioti3054 next week, as I have really liked the dealer's help on this compared to other dealers. What can you tell me about your experiences with yours? Any problems?I would like to hear from you or any other owners of this tractor. Thanks. ....

Kioti survey

View my Photos
Mickey Grider

2001-01-06          23142

IT'S A GOOD TRACTOR I OWN A LB2202 22HP.NO PROBLEMS ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login