Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti Tractor How to test Battery vs Alternator Problem

View my Photos
BOBBYboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-08-31          193485

I have a1997 1914,I was wondering if I can check the battery and alt. By starting the tractor then removing the battery cable ,if it continues to run the alt. is ok and I need a new battery, if it shuts down I need a new alt.Is my thinking correct ??? this is my first New used tractor working the bugs out. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
taogden
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-08-31          193486

That is a true statement, but, it can also be done by putting a meter on the battery while the tractor is running, if the voltage at the battery is between 13 and 14 volts, the alternator is good.

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-02          193504

Not sure removing the battery cable while running will tell you anything. Some diesels will run fine with no electricity.

What is the problem? Sounds as if battery is dead or will not crank it. If that is it could be bad battery, could be issue with alternator and could be bad connection or could be battery cable is not got full connection on one of the post. Had a glaze to build up inside one of my battery cables clamps that had to cut it out so it would get full power through that connection. ....

View my Photos
BOBBYboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-09-03          193509

Thanks,for the infor.The problem was the bolt was missing from the battery cable.After installing a new bolt and charging the battery with a charger it been no problem. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-09-03          193512

I learned a long time back look for the little or simple things first. Seems we like to attack an issue the other way. Glad you got it taken care of. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login