Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti DK65 power steering failure

View my Photos
Markray
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-02-27          192218

hi guys I have a tractor DK65 Daedong I'm have trouble find out wht the cause of failure to the steering system....when tractors front wheels it been jacked up the steering works find smooth as... but when put the tractors wait on the front wheel it very hard for me to turn the steering its like the system is jammed up

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cheapscot

2015-02-27          192219

Have you already tried bleeding the steering cylinders? ....

View my Photos
Markray

2015-03-02          192240

Cheapscot; yes I have already tried to bleed the cylinders..... ....

View my Photos
cheapscot

2015-03-02          192243

I'm assuming filters are fine, fluid was fine, and no blockage from the steering box to the cylinders. Any leakage from the steering box seal when you turn the wheel? If that's okay then try checking whether the manual bypass in the steering box is functioning properly. If it gets clogged and the poppet sticks then what you are experiencing could happen as the fluid can't flow properly and you get manual type steering full time. ( to make sure you get the bypass valve back in exactly the right number of turns just use a depth gauge on the setscrew before you start taking things apart.)

After that it gets a little more complicated, but even taking apart and re-assembling the steering box isn't very hard as long as you take pictures and remember EXACTLY how things came apart. Timing is also a lot easier than it is made out to be, but you shouldn't have to worry about that as long as everything is put back together again EXACTLY as it came apart. If your timing is off you could have the same problems as described, but try the manual steering bypass valve first.

To time, get the maker and model number of your steering box and you should be able to find the right diagram online. Daedong used all sorts of outside suppliers, but basically they seem to be versions of Eaton Char-Lynn boxes. the critical things are to start with your wheels centered when you remove the box ( so you don't end up with things reversed or partially operating when you re-assemble per the diagram) and to make sure that the valleys of your gerotor align exactly with the centering pin at the top of the steering shaft. The rest of the assembly is pretty obvious.

- If your steering box is shot (unlikely) Daedong will try to sell you a complete unit for around $2100. These same units can be bought direct from an Eaton dealer online for $200-400 depending on the model and displacement. My guess is your tractor will have a Char-Lynn 200 in it (compare it to the online pictures on Google), but I don't know what the exact displacement would be. Usually you don't even have to go as far as replacing the box if you just have a leaking seal(s). You can get the right seals on-line for about $6 for a couple of shaft seals and about $20 for the seals for the steering box body.

Good luck! ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-03-03          192254

Before you get too far down the road to tearing into stuff check that you don't have something merely robbing power in the hydraulic system.

A remote valve, a loader function, or even the 3pth lever out of adjustment and stuck in the 'on' position will cause the system to build pressure to the point the relief valve opens. At that point almost all of the flow and pressure is just being dumped back to the reservoir.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
cheapscot

2015-03-03          192258

Good points Murph. ....

View my Photos
jbcompu

2021-12-13          200810

I have a DK40SE and the steering unit top seal has failed. I do not see any numbers on the unit. I have taken it to a hydraulic shop but they do have any seals that would repair. They also sat Eaton is slow to respond. Where can I get a seal or replacement unit other than the dealer at $ 1,578.00 ?

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2021-12-13          200812

Seals aren't too tough to find, the biggest hassle is getting at it, the steering box needs to come out to replace the seal.

Sometimes if it's just wear on the shaft and the seal is ok, just not able to brige the gap, you can DYI a repair that works k. We do it all the time on the older Ford tractors we have.

If you want to tackle it yourself theres a few vendors online who sell shop manuals, parts should be easy to get your hands on.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login