Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti LB194 Tractor Wiil not Start

View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-08-25          184729

Wife tried to start tractor w/o waiting for glow plug to warm up then pulled out the kill switch till the battery went dead. I recharged the Battery and nothing, called dealer said it might be the starter switch, installed same nothing. I have a new Safety Starter Switch but can't figure out where in gets installed. Can anyone out there help me. Will trade wife for new tractor LOL Tom Staton

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-25          184731

If the KS is electrical, it just interrupts the connection to the battery positive, so just as if you disconnected the terminal, you should be able to pull it all day without hurting anything. If it's a fuel cutoff, it just prevents starting. And it should start without energizing the plug in these temps. So it's something else.

Not sure what you mean by "and nothing." I suggest you get a remote starter or whatever it's called (about $10, small box with a button on it and two wires each ending in an alligator). One wire to +ve, other to starter terminal. If you don't know which is that, ask the dealer. Pressing the button energizes the starter while bypassing everything, so you can use this to start and to diagnose.

How many hours on her? Never mind, I accept the trade because I can't get mine to run the tractor at all.

View my Photos

2012-08-25          184732

The kill switch non electrical just kills the fuel. When I said "nothing" I meant not lights or anything even after putting in the new starter switch. The Safety Starter Switch that the dealer sent me is electrical. Would that be the same thing as the kill switch that I pull out to kill the fuel and maybe they sent me the wrong part? Tom ....

View my Photos

2012-08-25          184734

Has less then three hundred on her. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-25          184735

I'm taking a stab in the dark here........

Sounds to me that it's possible that the main fuse on the starter may have blown.

Take a close look at your starter. You may notice a small rectangular, plastic block located right next to the starter, in line with the main power cable.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos

2012-08-25          184737

Thanks I'll take a look in the AM Tom ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-08-27          184743

Check all connections from battery to the starter. Not impossible any part failed. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2012-08-27          184744

IMHO there's only two things that can cause absolutely everything, even the lights, to be dead.

One, the battery, or cables, are dead or connected well.

Two, the key switch is bad or the wiring harness to it got disconnected.

In fact if memory serves, the lights will go on even without the ignition switched on, that would then indicate a battery/cable issue if that's the case.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos

2012-08-27          184746

GOT IT GOING, at last, after replacing the ignition switch and still getting nothing, I found that the fusable link had been taped around the back of the main battery cable out of site...found that and sure enough it was blown, replace it let the wife out of the cellar (with the ironing board and washing machine) and started MY BABY back up.. A big thanks to all you guys who responded. Tom Staton Pres. CEO & mostly Janitor...Narragansett RR On3, G, & Gn15 ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-08-28          184749

Now on the positive side, so your wife likes the Kioti...that is great. So what kind or model will you be getting this Christmas?? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login