Go Bottom Go Bottom

Recently purchased Kioti DK45 SE HST

View my Photos
oxboxx
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-11          146805

I am very impressed with the backhoe and loader and the tracktor is amazing.I have noticed under 1400 rpm a little bit of competion for power between the loader and the tracktor but above that no problems. The hst is so easy to use.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-16          147008

Congratulations!

Enjoy, get tasks done.

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-16          147009

Sounds you're lugging the engine way too much---by about 1000 RPM TOO slow.

Modern diesels are made--and need---to rev up.

My New Hollands state in the Owners Manuals to run them "at full throttle", which is about 2600-2800 RPM.

If you don't then expect faster wear, poor fuel economy, less power, strain on drive and power train, reduced cooling, and more emissions.

What does your OM say to run it at?

But I'm jis' sayin'... ....

View my Photos
oxboxx

2007-10-16          147013

I was worried about the break-in period so I was running at 1400 rpm with gobs of power to the backhoe yet the lugging when I went into the loader work.

Dealer said to go to 2200 rpm and try not to distroy to much property. I compromised and went to 2000 rpm and am using the lower gear range and have found a huge difference.

Though the tractor is bigger and loader far capable then my old kubota L4200 I feel i have gaind convienance but lost some control going from shuttle to HST. But man I am getting some work done in a lot less time

Thank you for the input.

Any ideas on HST VS Shuttle

Oxbox

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-10-16          147021

oxboxx, have used shuttle very little and a few years ago. Do not understand how you believe you have lost control with the HST though. I do agree with earthwrks you need to bump your rpms up. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-10-16          147026

I agree with Kenny--yep hard to imagine I know---but the suttle shifts I've used have a slight lag in shifting and feel sluggish versus HST. My backhoe and CUT have HST and there is nothing IMHO that compares as far as having absolute control like inching, etc. ....

View my Photos
oxboxx

2007-10-16          147032

My old shuttle did have a lag to it. But if in reverse and trying to curl the bucket, I notice that the bucket is slower with the new tractor.Not having to clutch is great!

Thank you for your comments.

oxboxx ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-10-16          147033

Sounds like a function of hydraulic capacity and not an inherent HST characteristic. ....

View my Photos
oxboxx

2007-10-16          147034

I think you are right.

But as to my interest in the knowledge that this forum has to offer, in abundance!........,is , hst vs shuttle can some one frame the practical convenience of the shuttle and that of the hst, from service, to, maintenance ,to power, given the pump drain..........on the bucket ....... vs speed or have all of you guys already given this in hints.... ?

You guys are patient ...

thanks,

Oxboxx ....

View my Photos
beagle

2007-11-20          148523

Always run Hydros at a minimum of 2000rpm. The rpms are needed to make sure the charge pump is keeping up with the HST.

The engine torques at about 1800rpm. You should make sure you are operatting the engine above 1800rpm, and 2000rpm with a Hydro. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login