Go Bottom Go Bottom

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Rick Colebank
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-02-13          12770

I live in north central West Virginia and want to locate a dealer for Kioti who sells parts and also services Kioti.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-02-15          12823

I don't know about your local area but there is a dealer, I believe is the distributor and dealer, he is located in Kentucky I think. I believe his website is www.kioti.com, have a look, they can probably help in some way. Best of luck. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
ThatGuy

2000-02-26          13171

If you check out the web site the previous post has referenced and go to 'dealers' they show a dealer/distributor listed for Maryland.

good luck ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Lyle W. Albright

2000-08-26          19162

There are 2 dealers I know of, you can try Johnston Equipment in Weston and Parc's ( not sure thats the correct spelling) on RT 50 west of Clarksburg. about 20 minutes out on right side a t wiseman rd. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
hpr1178

2003-02-14          49268

Has anyone recieved warranty service from a Kioti dealer other than a dealer where the Tractor was purchased. I bought in NC, moved to New England & I brought it to the closest listed for warranty work. I called for an appoitment which was no problem. I drove 2hrs, & when it was in the shop, I was told I would have to "PAY" for the warranty work and get reimbursed once he recieved payment from KIOTI. Not happy leaving the dealer, but work is needed. Is it a scam? ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-02-15          49278

As I understand it, Kioti warranty is not transferrable and the dealer is not required to do warranty work on a machine he didn't sell. I am also in your area (Saugus) maybe I can help as I've been doing a lot of shopping including Kioti. eMail me privately.
Pacesetter

Parts and Service

View my Photos
kdealer

2003-02-15          49284

Makes no Sense to me because this guy will get paid and now that you live there, you will most likely have to get parts from him on occasion. Whatever happened to customer service? I truely believe this dealer is shooting off his own foot. So to speak. I can understand if he put you behind other local purchasers in terms of speed of getting it fixed, but this is just not good business sense. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-15          49289

If that's true Pacesetter, that's a BIG minus for Kioti. Surely they have a better warranty network than that.

Billy ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
plots1

2003-02-15          49290

kioti sure are cheaper on price than others, but service after purchase can be a pain, i looked into this model but went with green because of that. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
mathey

2003-02-15          49292

I specifically asked Kioti this question about a month ago.
This was their reply, and I quote:

"It is permissible to have your Kioti products repaired at a dealer different from the dealer you purchased it from. You will need to contact the new dealer and discuss your situation with them and keep in mind that only the dealer that sold the unit is required to repair the tractor under warranty. Most dealers will work with customers under many circumstances, but if they did not sell the unit they are not under obligation to repair it. I am sure that you will have no trouble in this matter but if you do we will try to
come to a suitable solution."

In my situation, the closer dealers are 30 mins away, the dealer i'm buying from is an hour away. So worst case is a bit more of my time to get the warranty work done. But I agree, that any dealer who refuses to do warranty work just because they did not sell the tractor to you originally, is a FOOL. In other words, you have to pay for their "good customer service" up front when you buy a tractor from them...in my case almost $2000.

Parts and Service

View my Photos
KIOTIMAN

2003-02-15          49294

I HAVE A GREAT KIOTI DEALER, NOW I AHAVE HEARD MANY NIGHTMARE STORIES ABOUT KUBOTA AND JOHN DEERE DEALERSHIPS AND WARRANTY WORK ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-02-15          49296

Plots 1,
I guess I don't see your point !
I've had my Kioti for a year now.
I have no problem with parts or service !!
The dealer has been very good. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-02-15          49297

I think it reinforces the point that a local dealer is the way to go.

Imagine buying a Kioti from one of those internet outfits where you get a trailer and everything as a package deal and driving it home 1500 miles only to find there is no national dealer support.

Or maybe having your job move you to another state and when you get there you have to jump through hoops like that.

Kioti makes a good product and if they are going to truly compete in North America, they need to fix this problem. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Peters

2003-02-15          49300

I agree with Mark, although I am not sure that even GM, Ford or Chrysler have fixed this problem. As I have moved around the country I have felt like second hand bagage at the Volvo and Toyota dealers also.
None of this makes sense to me as most dealers are making more money on repair work, acessories and implement sales than the sale of the original tractor.
I think we have discussed this before but bad business practises die hard in the backwaters of this country (USA). ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Billy

2003-02-15          49301

Could it be Kioti deeply discounts their tractors to the dealers. In turn, if warranty work is needed, the selling dealer will absord some of the cost of the warranty work?

That's the only reason I can think of that a dealer wouldn't want to do warranty work.

Billy ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
hpr1178

2003-02-15          49315

This is long, I apologize but its whats on the noggin!!
This is a brake warranty issue. The left isnt working at all & I only knew about it because it didnt stop straight the first snow we got. I checked it out & found the problem. Not only is this a warranty issue I consider it a Safety issue. Since it is the weekend, I will have to suffer through my thoughts until next week to either get a reply back from my customer service email or speak to them directly. I'd much rather speak....Im hoping the results will be positive. I have read all your threads this cold, very cold day which is helping me cope along with a silver bullet or two!! I would be disappointed if Kioti indicated that a dealer would have an "Option" not to performed warranty work or "were allowed" to make special warranty conditions on their own. I bought a NEW rig with a warranty period which I would expect KIOTI to back with their NETWORK of "Authorized" dealers. I dont agree it has to be THE ONE WHERE YOU BOUGHT IT!!! Thats why I bought new. They are all authorized to perform repairs by Kioti. The warranty paperwork says to simply bring it to them at my cost for the repair. I have done that...now we'll see if they stand behind the rest of their statement. Nowhere does it say that at the dealers option or under special conditions, warranty work "will be, partially be, or may be completed or covered." I've had experiences with my Ford trucks and Harleys over the years which all have been repaired for warranty work at different dealerships with no questions of where I bought the thing. I brought it where it was most convenient for me at the time it broke. They seldom brake in your back yard!

As for good business, prior to this warranty work [summertime] Im all for that. I had a few days work about 40 minutes from the dealer. I made the time to visit the dealer and get to know who he was. I can say from a first impression, I liked very much. An older fella who has been around and about and around again, [he shared many jokes with me along with his age of 82] but still very [VERY] much with it. A real joy to talk to. On a second visit back, I purchased "every" filter for the tractor with a spare of each for the shelf, a push bar /brush guard set up, a canopy kit, which all came in within a few days. Spent somewhere around 700 green-backs that day and had brought coffee to the shop to chew the fat. Just good business & delevoping a relationship in my book. The cash or check only policy didnt bother me one bit at the time...NO VISA or MC, no computers, only microfiche and a rollerdex, & a sharp pencil. I actually enveyed the way he did business.....until now.

When dropping it off, I had asked who would perform the work which was his son and a helper. He volunteered that neither of them have been to the Kioti training school because it takes alot of time & expense. I stomach started to do its knot thing. I feel like they will be tearing my rig apart with a learning curve to boot.

Im told by him not many Kiotis he has sold have been back in and this is the first DK35 he's seen needing an internal brake repair. From my initial post on the brake issue Im sure this is an isolated incident but Im also sure its gonna get messy unless Kioti make it right- Like they should! ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Peters

2003-02-15          49318

I think the problem is with the dealer understanding the new Kioti policies. Up until a couple of years ago there was a trading company importing Kiotis and marketing them in the US. I am certain that the policy stated to you was probably the old policy. A lot of the dealers that were set up at time were less than ideal and Kioti has worked to revamp the dealers.
With Kioti setting up the new dealer network I am sure this is not the new policy. The one stated on the net is:
"Kioti Tractor provides the warranties described below to the original purchaser of any new Kioti Tractor, implement, or part purchased from an authorized dealer. Kioti will repair or replace, at its option, any part covered under warranty which is found to be defective in material or workmanship during the applicable warranty period. In order to obtain warranty repairs, the purchaser must deliver the product at the purchaser's expense along with proof of purchase to an authorized Kioti Tractor dealer."
I would tell him he can stick to this policy, but you will complain and Kioti is likely to pull his dealership.
I would not be too worried about brake work and training. Most of that is straight forward. Transmission and engine on the other hand?
Peters ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
plots1

2003-02-17          49391

wolbert the point is im not downing the tractor but if service is needed i was told i would have to PROBLEY ship tractor back to dealer where i was going to buy it from, and that is several states away.didnt want to deal with that IF something had to serviced. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
anon

2003-02-26          50115

As a KIOTI dealer I have to service whatever is in my area. I don't have to put you at the top of the list though. My customers get free pick-up and delivery (within 50 miles)for warranty and service. Non-customers do not. We are a small place and like having a close personal relationship with our customers. If any of our regular customers need service, the other guy will just have to wait.
Officially all dealers are to provide warranty work to any KIOTI owner. It was in my dealer agreement.

Parts and Service

View my Photos
FATCAT

2003-02-26          50124

Anon,
As a KIOTI dealer, I am interested in your response. Since I am beginning my search for some new small tractor (am really interested in the CK/HST 20 with bucket/mower/snowblower), warranty service is #1a on my list of priorities.

To me your post about warranty service makes 2nd class citizens of people who did not purchase their machine from you and would get the you-know-what end of the stick when they need service at a crucial time. What if someone moved to your area, or inherited a KIOTI from someone ... is your philosophy common among KIOTI dealers? Or is this a common trait among all tractor brand dealers.

I would think that a KIOTI dealer would treat any KIOTI owner with respect without regaurd to where the owner purchased their tractor.

If this is a trait of all KIOTI dealers I think I will look at other brands, if not please state so, so that I may still KIOTI tractors in my area (South Centeral N.H.). ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-02-26          50128

FATCAT,
I think you will find that is a common trait among most or all brand dealers.
The customer who purchased from their dealership come first. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
hpr1178

2003-02-26          50143

This is the result of the whole warranty issue. After a week, the brake is fixed, operates properly.

In the middle of last week, I drove to the dealer entered the garage, found the tractor on a jack stand, left fender off, tire off, linkage disconnected and a cheater bar on my rear hub. At that point it didnt look good to me. The mechanic, #1 son, indicated that it may be just an adjustment. Adjustments you know are not warranty. boy it looked like he did alot of work for an adjustment. The next day , it was back together and I picked it up. I was charged $100.00 for an adjustment. I "DISCUSSED" that I adjusted the turnbuckle up and down both directions with no success, and that was the only adjustment I knew. I asked what he did different.. He shrugged his shoulders and said, I dont know but it works now..... but adjustments arent under warranty you know. I felt more like, "it works now pay up sucker!" It didnt seem like good business but its what it was. I paid, put it on my trailer & left. My afterthought was, what are the possabilities of him filing warranty work with Kioti to get another extra boost for the same work. Also, a warranty is three years, I plan to have that tractor a long time beyond three years and would have brought it to this dealer for any service down the road. They would make my out of pocket$ over time. However, when "talking tractor" I praised the DK35 indicating that I plan on having it for many years, this mechanic said its a S. Korean tractor it wont last you 15-20 yrs. I know with good maintenance it should. He shook his head back & forth.......this dealer needs to come up to par. Im sure its not typical but its who is closest to my area. I'll have to search out the next closest I guess......and move on. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-02-26          50145

I'm sure glad this is not my dealer.
Regardless of brand !! ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos

2003-02-27          50162

Wouldn't it be nice if the tractor manufacturers came up with a similar system as the automobile industry. Every customer who bought a tractor or had service should receive a questionaire to fill out and return directly to the manufacturer. Maybe a dealership who scored high would receive an extra discount on next years models or something. What I am talking about is motivation!!! Right now, there is no motivation to provide "great" service. Just my opinion. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Anon

2003-02-27          50174

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have gotten the calls from people asking a million questions, wanting to know alot of things about KIOTI's and tractors in general. I always spend the same amount of time with every customer, as much time as they want, I make long distance call backs, I search for parts etc. Then I have the same guy I've spent all of this time with go 2 states away and pay $200 less than my price, without even so much as a call-back to see if I would match the price. Do you really think this man will be at the top of my list? He treated me like a second class person when he was pricing! I take care of all customers the same and treat them the same if you had a warranty issue you'd never know the difference. But like I said we are not a multi-million dollar shop with an unlimited amount of mechanics running around. If you check some of the older posts you will see that KIOTI isn't the only brand that this goes on with. And it even goes on at car dealerships. I treat all warranty work like an emergency. If you are having warranty work done, I'm not going to drop you and go to my customer. If you are needing work done and a customer needs it also the nod goes to my customer. You can't have your cake and eat it too!

I'm sorry that SOME customers feel they can shop the world, buy for the absolute cheapest price and expect to be treated like a King when you walk through the door. You can't make a living on warranty work and oil-filters. All people at my shop are treated like first-class citizens!

My CUSTOMERS are treated like ROYALTY!

Parts and Service

View my Photos
depratt

2003-04-08          52780

Kioti Warrantys are good at any Kioti Dealer. It is stated directly in the Warranty statement. I am a Kioti Dealer and Honor any Kioti Warranty no matter where you bought the tractor from. Kioti has great service and warranty service. ....

Link:   DePratt Equipment Sales

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Anon

2003-04-09          52837

DePratt, That was a nice fax wasn't it!! ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
depratt

2003-04-09          52840

Anon, You refering to the lastest Warranty Policy Fax? ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Anon

2003-04-09          52848

Yes. BTW I wasn't being a S.A. about it. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
depratt

2003-04-09          52849

Ya I liked the new policy alot. I think its step in the right direction. I was glad to see the change. I wish kioti had a fourm like this one for dealers only. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-04-09          52865

Anon, depratt,
I often see tractors/prices on dealer websites,also parts and prices.
I would like to find a dealer website with Kioti apparel (hats, shirts, jackets) with prices.

Parts and Service

View my Photos
depratt

2003-04-09          52866

Acutally i have been thinking about adding that to my site. I would also like to set if up different so that you could pretty much order any kioti tractor parts off the site. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-04-09          52887

That would be Great.
And your website looks Good !!! ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
Peters

2003-04-10          52949

OK where is the comparison sheets? ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-04-11          52981

I know that this is on down the thread, but it was stated that any dealer that won't service a tractor he didn't sell is a fool. Well, I would tend to agree but also let me put it this way, Any customer that expects a nonselling dealer to service something he/ she didn't sell is a fool as well. Yes you might be purchasing a tractor for 2000 dollars less, but this dealer knows that he won't be responsible for servicing it. ( I put this dealer in the unscrupulous category BTW). They know that they can dump one off in some one elses territory and let the local dealer do the hard work. What a lot of customers don't understand, is that dealers do not make money off warranty repairs for most brands. Many times problems are customer caused and dealers are forced to "eat" the repair in order to maintain the "good graces" of the customers. All dealers have to work off a flat rate for warranty, which traditionally pays for less time than it actually takes to make a repair. Also some brands pay a "negotiated" shop price. Not their regular shop rate. The idea being, that dealers are not to profit from warranty. So should a dealer honor warranty on all tractors not his own? Yes! Should a customer expect that they receive expedited preferential treatment if he didn't buy from the servicing dealer? No! Although a wise dealer might do this for future sales,most delaers are in it to make money today. A recent survey of dealer ships showed that after all the bills were paid a 6 million dollar dealer ship averaged less than 20,000 in profit(red and blue) Green tractors were slightly higher. The auto industry has completely different markets. Tractor sales nowhere near approach that of the auto industry. That is why ,many tractor dealerships struggle, being placed within 20 miles of each other of the same brand. Many smart and up and coming brands are guaranteeing 50 mile radius dealerships to discourage "dump 'em and leave 'em" practices and allow enough room to grow. If a customer wants to guarantee the future of his brand of tractor, buy from you local dealer as often as possible and keep you local dealer out of the warranty problems that you incur when you don't. 2000 dollars may seem like small change when you have a problem that pops up unexpectantly at the worst possible time. BOTTOM DOLLAR BUYERS BEWARE, you will receive BOTTOM OF THE PILE SERVICE, AND IF YOU DON'T HUG AND KISS YOUR LOCAL DEALER FOR NOT DOING SO. I have seen hundreds of people kick themselves in the aftermath for not realizing this. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
depratt

2003-04-11          52997

First off, yes i do belive that customers should buy from there local dealer.. i wasn't saying that everyone should run off and buy some where else. But also you should know that it is in the Kioti Warranty Statement that for Kioti Service they can go to ANY KIOTI DEALER and they will Honor it. And you stating that you don't make money off warrantys is incorrect. I know for a fact with Kioti i can profit off warranty work. And i know for FACT that Kioti does pay my FULL Shop Rate! And all those dealers who don't want to work on tractors they didn't sell or don't want to give good service is pretty much just shooting themselves in the foot. Who do you think that customer is going to turn to when they have a problem that is out of warranty, they sure aren't going to want to go to someone who gave them crappy service... I have had ppl come into my dealership who have bought a tractor somewhere else and now they need service, i gladly service it. And you know what becuase i did this and because i treated them good they have come back to ME to buy more equipment. Now i don't think they would be back buying more from me if i turned them away do you?? Good Service means more sales. So at my Dealership any Kioti tractor that comes in that needs work i will gladly honor that warranty! So i do agree though that you should purchase from a local dealer..im not saying that you shouldnt.. but many who bought a tractor from there local area then moved are still running into dealers who dont want to service it because it was purchased some where else. This is NOT a pratice i have at my dealership. My point in mind is simply put as stated in the warranty argeement "In order to obtian warranty repairs, the purchaser must deliver the product at the purchasers expense along with proof of purchase to ANY AUTHORIZED KIOTI TRACTOR DEALER." Thats my poilcy and how i do my business, and so far it was worked out for me. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
marklugo

2003-04-11          53007

I'm glad Kioti pays. I have personal contact with 60 or 70 dealers selling all makes, and you would be the first to feel like they are fairly and completely compensated. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
hpr1178

2003-04-22          53541

Depratt,

You hit the nail right on the head.
Marklugo,
My case which started this whole subject, I had no choice but to bring it to a dealer where I didnt buy it from. I had moved. Needless to say, I took the time to get to know the dealer way before my warranty issue came up. I wanted to get a feel for who the dealer was. I wanted to show a faith of good business & had spent $700+ in accessories and filters beforehand. It seemed the dealer was happy with my business and i was happy with their experience and attitude. Until.... My issue involved one faulty brake which the dealer said wasnt set right from the factory & it was an adjustment issue. Sounded like a warranty & I thought that was good news until I paid a lousy $100.00 out of pocket ,probably for 15 minutes of work because it was an "adjustment". It was obvious that my previous business didnt mean a thing. A warranty period is for 3 yrs, with an intention of owning the tractor for 15+ how much service do you think this dealer would have gotten from me for the 12yrs thereafter? oh,...and that backhoe I just bought, guess where i didnt buy it? ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
kiohio

2003-04-22          53559

I agree with both DePratt and Mark. To be a dealer you have to be open minded. I don't mind doing warranty work. BUT it does bother you when someone 30 miles away calls and says they are getting ready to buy a KIOTI and they would like to know if I'll service it for them if they have a problem. BTW this customer has NEVER called me before. It can get rather disheartening. But as a dealer you have to suck it up and go on. Not all dealers are money-grubbing dirt bags. I've had customers say things to me that they wouldn't say to their worst enemy but because I'm a dealer I'm just supposed to let it roll off and be happy when the guy comes back wanting service parts for his KIOTI, which of course he would like a discount on because he MIGHT buy a rotary cutter.
People who have never been in business for themselves have no ideas what it is like.
KO ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
hpr1178

2003-04-24          53726

Being self employed is different I agree because its hard to seperate business issues without letting personal emotions concur. However, talking strictly warranty from a manufacture, the mfg depends on their authorized dealers for customer satisfaction. You signed an authorized dealer agreement with Kioti which states specific terms for the dealer and consumer. Bottom line is e- business has changed the way of doing business and the result is what you described above. For the consumer, the bottom line is same product but prices can differ by thousands of dollars. What would you do in the consumers shoes. I agree, from your perspective, its irrating but its a result of how business is changing today. ....

Parts and Service

View my Photos
kiohio

2003-04-25          53753

I signed dealer agreement and I abide by it. I do the work. No problem. The ONLY point I'm trying to make to everyone is at least give the local guy a chance! And be sure to weigh all benefits. You gave them a chance and you weren't satisfied, I don't blame you.
You ask what I would do as a consumer. I shop as local as possible and don't dicker like I used to. We've begun to search out other family owned/local businesses when we do our shopping. I also now expect alot better customer service than I used too! I give it so I expect it, simple as that. In this day and age customer service is rather lacking. Believe me I don't agree with what your dealer did and I respect you for not blasting them all over the net. As you said in this age of internet buying and selling things are changing.
KO

Parts and Service

View my Photos
AngryViking

2003-11-24          69464

Hello, I just joined this website today in my quest for as much information I could gather before I buy my first tractor. I have looked at many brands and I think I have it narrowed down to the Kioti CK20 HST, Kubota B7500 and the AGCO ST25. So far from what I have read on this thread is somewhat disturbing regarding the potential service problems I may encounter on a Kioti from my local dealer. I would love to buy a Kioti CK20 HST from my local dealer which is 25 miles from me, nice folks but very high prices. I have received a quote from a dealer 2 states away which was much, much lower. Here they are:

Kioti CK20 HST, Kioti 60"MMM, Kioti FEL, Kioti box scraper with rippers.

local dealer: $16,650
out of state dealer: $13,589

freight and sales tax are a wash

A $3,061 difference!!! So I am supposed to fork over more than 3 grand so I can be first in line for warranty work! If the diff was a few hundred bucks, ok, I'll pay it. But 3 grand ain't worth it to be first in line.

There are 2 other Kioti dealers that are 30 and 33 miles from my home. One of them said he is phasing Kioti out since he picked up the AGCO tractor and compact tractor lines and the other does not keep Kioti tractors in inventory. They are obviously not committed to selling Kioti and I doubt servicing Kioti tractors is very high on their priority list either.

From what I can tell the Kioti looks like a very well made tractor and I think the CK20 HST would be perfect for my 5 acres of lawn, woods and trails (3 acres to mow)but from what I have read here, in this forum, I may have to reconsider the Kioti. I either fork over Kubota money (I got a quote for 15,950 for a B7500, 60"MMM, FEL, box scrapper, hydro from a local kubota dealer) or get a great out of state price on the Kioti and get potentially lousy service from my local Kioti dealer because I didn't fork over another 3 grand to him.

Parts and Service

View my Photos
chipuren

2003-11-25          69561

I think KIOTI has changed a lot during the 3-1/2 years this thread has existed (is that right?). We are a new dealer for KIOTI so have been monitoring posts here awhile.
As I understand it, at one time there were two or three different distributors of KIOTI tractors in the USA. The old warranty policy may have been desinged to relieve one distriubtor from the burden of warranty expense on tractors that were another distributors responsibility, IT may even be that the dealer received his warranty compensation at the time of sale, this system still exists on some Chinese brands brought in by different importers.

Things are different now as Daedong (KIOTI's parent) controls the entire US distribution. My contract says I will do all authorized warranty work (and be compensated by KIOTI). We will do that regardless of where the tractor came from. I tell my customers that the warranty is good wherever they move, just like a car, it is KITOI's warranty, not the dealers.

Of course we want the parts, implement, and out of warranty work on tractors that come into our area too!

Your local dealer situation seems to be unusual as one dealer is not stocking (my contract says I'll stock!?) and the other is switching to another brand of tractor. Kioti contracts are one year agreements, I wonder if either of these are still authorized dealers?

If I did my figures right, the list price on the package you oultined (all KIOTI products) is about 17,400. Of course we seldom (read NEVER) get list.

There are some "out of state" dealers who will sell at almost no margin to earn volume discounts and turn their inventory quickly to save floorplan expenses. They know that sales out of their primary area of responsibility will not burden their dealership as they expect the local dealer to handle the after sale service. It seems to be a fact of life. Personally I paid $500 more for my pickup when I bought it locally, just trying to keep the revenue close to home and wanting a sound business relationship with my dealer. A year later I havn't needed service, did I waste my money??

THe price gap is pretty wide in your case. Probably do to the lack of interest of your local dealer. You might widen your search to see if there is a dealer you can work with closer to home than the "out of state" guys, just in case you need service, of course that is not too often on KIOTIs!

By the way, you might check, many states require the buyer to pay sales tax on out of state purchases, although you might get away with it, especially if you do not finance (no UCC filing to tip them off), but it might come up at a later time just a thought.

Good luck in your search. We just set up a CK20HST and it is a sweet little machine, big enough to do work and small enough to be a lawn tractor, I'm 5'9, 265lbs and it feels very roomy too, even to me!

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login