Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti tractorsLB1914 LB2214

View my Photos
Ron
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-02-22          1265

Is there any feedback on these machines? They seem inexpensive yet with qualityThere is little on the net. Any canadian dealers? Can they handle a hoe?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Farminlady

1999-02-25          1330

I tried out the Kioti before I bought my Boomer. Frankly, I think they are cheaplyand poorly made. I drove a brand new one to test, and the darn thing popped outof gear every time I tried to make a tight turn. I found the operator deck tobe uncomfortable. Parked the thing and walked away. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-25          1334

Of all the people who ought to know that first impressions can be misleading, perhaps the unit you tried was not properly set up. Mine has never popped out of gear, everything is fit and tight, service points easy to get to. I've been on mine for as long as 3 hrs with nary a ache. I haven't had a service call one on mine either. Of anybody I ever talk to or seen posts of on the machinery forum that actually owned one (past or present) were real pleased with 'em. How long did that NH you chose over it last?'Just a thought.Lee ....

View my Photos
Farminlady

1999-02-26          1349

Well, you are right in that sense, the 1725 was a lemon. The TC29 is highly satisfactory,though! Nevertheless, I didn't feel that the Kioti was all that sturdily built. You don'tsay what type of work you use yours for, but I needed a tractor that would do everythingfrom pulling my small baler and tedder to heavy loader work. Having used JD, Kubota, andnow the Boomers, I still think the Kioti would have been last on my list. I don't knowwhether the dealer was a good one or not, but the tractor I had tried out was supposedto have been ready for delivery to a buyer that afternoon. The dealer let me try itbecause it was the last of that model that he had. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-26          1350

Like I said, first impressions aren't always what they should have been. Hey, I've been mistaken too! The easiest thing I've done with my Kioti is bush hogging. Everything else has been focused upon tree, stump and rock (read big, loader raised the back end once on one) removal, with associated loader work in between. More than once I've had it tipped up on three wheels until I got my weight box together (didn't get the tires loaded as I don't like calcium and the wheel weights were outrageous). My biggest stump so far has been at 20 inches with one helava root ball. 'Had to first drag away the old walnut tree first. So far nothing has broke, groaned or cracked. Since the snow flew I only start it once a week to keep the battery up. Starts easy every time. 'Cant wait for the ground to thaw. It's soft down three inches (per my box blade). As far as liking the Boomer, that's your choice. Its a good tractor. I chose over the Boomer mainly on weight, features, price and proven reliability. I have not regretted it at all.Lee ....

View my Photos
Farminlady

1999-02-27          1370

Well, we're both happy with our machines, and that's what counts! It's interestingto hear from a Kioti owner that has done some real work with the tractor. Most of the people that I know that have one around here just use the tractor for lighthauling around the barn - bags of feed, sawdust, etc. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-28          1384

Your fiends must be a helovea lot better off than I am. I can't afford to spend $12K on a tractor and loader to haul sawdust or feed around. That is what a gator or other utility vehicle is for. Like you said, we are both happy campers!Hug and kisses,Lee ....

View my Photos
DONNA COLEMAN

1999-03-20          1863

I AM LOOKING FOR A KIOTI TRACTOR DEALERSHIP IN EAST TEXAS AREA. SOMEWHERE NEAR JASPER OR BEAUMONT, OR EVEN HOUSTON TEXAS. HAVE HEARD THAT THESE ARE GREAT TRACTORS AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE AND PRICES . THANKS DONNA ....

View my Photos
Gary Shaw

1999-05-03          3431

I have an LB1914, so far my Kioti has about 200 hours on it and it has had more problems than any machine should have. I am fanatical about preventative maintenance. The power steering broke, I had to buy a kit to fix it. The brakes stick when I use them, and they will not release. The hour meter broke. The charging system will not charge anymore. Finally, while riding it, it made a snapping noise, toward the front of the machine. Something must have broken in the four wheel drive system, because there is no longer any power getting to the front tires. ....

View my Photos
Mike

1999-05-17          3917

I own a Kioti 2552 4 wheel drive. It now has 200hrs and has been worked to haul logs, It's set up with forks. So far I;ve only had minor problems due mostly to abuse on my part. It's worked far harder than my ford 2120 and held up as good or better. ....

View my Photos
C.Timberlake

1999-06-23          5435

I own a 2204 with a frontend loader,for the price you can't beat it.I us mine as if it was a d-9 dozer.The only problems I've had is the samewith anyother small tractor it won't move the big items.If I had to purchase another I'd buy one. ....

View my Photos
fred

1999-06-26          5518

would like to know if there is any connection between the Kioti company,and Kubota.They sure look simmilar! ....

View my Photos
Dave R

1999-06-26          5520

I was told Kioti used Kubotas old designs.They are very similar to Kubotas from the late 70s early 80s.I am taking delivery of a 3054 gently used in just a few minutes.I've owned Kubotas from the early 80s and liked them.Deal was too good to pass up on this and it appears to be sound in a limited test drive.I mainly intend to bushog w/5ft cutter.Any advice as to type to buy? I'm leaning toward generic lite model New Holland dealer sells for $499.Another question:When do you use the 1000 rpm pto?Thanks in advance this is a great board. ....

View my Photos
DINESH KANOJIA

1999-07-07          5776

WE ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING COMPACT TRACTORS WHICH CAN BE USED IN GRAPE FARMS. YOU ARE REQUESTED TO INFORM THE MODELS AVAILABLE WITH YOU ALONG WITH THE TECHNICAL DETAILS, PRICE AND TERMS & CONDITIONS AT THE EARLIEST.BEST REGARDSDINESH KANOJIA ....

View my Photos
Bill Koncz

1999-07-07          5777

To the best of my knowledge, these tractors are made by the DAEDONG INDUSTRIALCO. of Seoul , Korea, following a joint venture arrangement with Kubota. They are probably an older Kubota design, and many of the kubota parts fit straight in.Theoretically the quality should be the same as Kubota.We have experience with Daedong engines in Australia and generally had good results. Quality control at factory level has been a bit pathchy, with boltsleft loose, metal in injectors and other minor problems occuring over the past 5 years. I think with care and common sense, they should perform pretty reliably ....

View my Photos
Lee

1999-08-03          6582

I've been told the same, but my dealer won't confirm or deny it. Inquiries to the mfgr. is met with silence. However, my dealer uses both shop Kioti & Kubota shop manuals as he says one is better than the other on various items. On the other front, he says he doesn't get much shop business from the Kioti's he sells. He also says doesn't get any Kubota business as the smaller ones tend to go to their dealers & his core business consists of larger farmers (MF, Deere, White). Large Kubotas don't seem popular in this part of NY.LeeLee ....

View my Photos
Michael Zorn

1999-08-08          6755

I live in Springfield, Ill, and need to locate Kioti dealers in this vicinity. I would also like to know of any dealers in the Beardstown or Quincy,Ill area as my land that I care for with my kioti is located outside the small town of Versalles which is situated between these two major Ill midwestern cities.THANKS ....

View my Photos
LARRY

1999-09-05          7686

BOUGHT A L1914-LOVE THE TRACTOR, HAVE A LOADER AND BOX BLADE, BOUGHT A ROLLER FROM MY BROTHER IN LAW, DON'T HAVE THE TIME I WOULD LIKE TO USE THE TRACTOR, THE DEALER WAS GREAT-LOOKED AT KUBOTA,CASE AND J.D.-FOR THE MONEY, THE SERVICE AND ACROSS THE BOARD IT IS DEFINITELY A BEST BUY, MY WIFE EVEN THINKS IT IS CUTE AND NOT TOO BIG. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login