Go Bottom Go Bottom

front PTO

View my Photos
bluetay
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-27          103055

This is a heads up for any LK3054 owners intending to use the crankshaft PTO. Do not use an unlined splined adapter on the front PTO as any damage to the crank splines will void the warranty on the engine. I was aware of this but set up a snow blower to run off the crankshaft with a regular splined sleeve. I was reminded to check with Kioti USA and thankfully I did before I tried the blower out because I could have damaged the splines - metal to metal -I guess there are nylon sleeves that are to be used instead.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

front PTO

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-28          103069

Sounds like quite a project! Glad you learned the easy way! ....

front PTO

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-12-28          103102

Thanks for the info Bluetay.
My DK also has the splines on the end of the crank for a front PTO.
I never really planned on using it, but its good to know I should use a nylon sleeve if I ever do.. ....

front PTO

View my Photos
bluetay

2005-01-12          104096

DKvince sorry I didn't get back to you but my wife has had major surgery and you know first things first. Anyway the spline sleeve is available thru a hardware outfit Aubucron or something like that in New York. I give up on the front mount and am going over to McGarvey Equipment and get a PTO shaft and run the blower on the back for now. Hey did you know Keys went out of busines? Terry Kahle got a bunch of machines, Kubota, but no B7800's. I may still trade for a DK35. Stop in if you get a chance. ....

front PTO

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-01-12          104106

The Key's Clarion store closed down, but as far as I know the Hazen store is still in business.
Hope your wife is doing well.. ....

front PTO

View my Photos
gozarian

2005-02-24          106728

bluetay, sounds kind of odd? I'm new here to small tractors but in the old days, we always greased the splines on large pto implements before operation for ease of sliding them on/off and for some shock cushion. Is Kioti offering some sort of plastic sleeve attachment? ....

front PTO

View my Photos
bluetay

2005-03-02          107168

gozarian: I really didn't pursue the sleeve set up but the person at Kioti-USA said Kioti recommended a nylon sleeve be used on the front PTO to prevent crankshaft damage which may void the warranty on the engine. By the time I heard that I had many hours in getting set up to run a snowblower off the front so I give up on that moved the snow blower to the back built a TPH hook up bought a drive shaft and it works great but by gum I don't like all the backin up. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login