Go Bottom Go Bottom

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
bobkro32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-21          100659

I was price/dealer shopping yesterday, and spoke to the owner of a Kioti dealership about a CUT.

When discussing mowers, I seem to remember the dealer saying that it would require about three hours to remove a mid-mount mower (KRM03-72?) from the CK20 model. And, when I got good at it, it would take only one hour.

Did I understand the dealer correctly? Does it really take that long to reconfigure MMM on the Kioti tractor?

How about the FEL for the CK20? Is that attachement difficult to remove/install?

Comments would be appreciated.

b

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-10          102072

I've got a CK20 gear with a front end loader and 60"MMM. I have 110 hours on it and have taken the mower and loader off a couple of times each.

Mower: To remove it takes me about 10 minutes. You do not remove all of the hardware off if you plan to put it back on later. You have to pull 4 pins, pivot the rear deck wheels and disconnect the mower drive shaft. If you were to remove all of the mower hardware it would tack alot longer. It seems to take a little longer to get it back on (20 minutes?) because it is a little akward to align and put the PTO back on.

Loader: The first time it took a couple of hours to get it off. This was due to the fact that the pins were forced in from the dealer. Once it got it off and reamed the holes out a little bit, it's a piece of cake. All of the holes were the correct size but the alignment off the holes was not exact. Now the the pin slips in easily it takes less than 10 minutes to put on or take off.

It's been a great tractor so far. I've used it with a 5'bushog and a 5'tiller and it handled them fine. It also does a nice job mowing. Make sure it will handle a 6 ft mower before you buy. Good luck! ....

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
bobkro32

2004-12-12          102117

Crozier--

Tks for the comments. I guess I misunderstood the dealer about the MMM. As regards the FEL, I'm a bit surprised at the time it took for the first time removal. I get the impression that the Kubota and JD series are non at all difficult, even for the novice.

Tks again for the info.

b ....

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102246

I think the Kioti is just as easy as the JD or kubota. It's just that when mine was made the alignment between the loader pin hole and the tractor bracket hole were not exactly the same alignment. Once I reamed them out(a tractor dealer that helped me on this web site months ago told me that this was fairly common)the pins go in and come out easily. ....

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102247

I think the Kioti is just as easy as the JD or kubota. It's just that when mine was made the alignment between the loader pin hole and the tractor bracket hole were not exactly the same alignment. Once I reamed them out(a tractor dealer that helped me on this web site months ago told me that this was fairly common)the pins go in and come out easily. ....

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102248

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102249

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102250

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102251

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102253

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102254

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102255

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102256

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
crozier

2004-12-14          102257

MMM for the CK20

View my Photos
bobkro32

2004-12-15          102274

Crozier--

I don't mean this to be nasty, but . . .

If your dealer knew of the problem of non-aligned holes, shouldn't that have been an item of inspection by the dealer prior to turning the new tractor over to you--sort of a "dealer prep?" Or, do dealers just expect you to find stuff that is wrong, and then convince them to fix it?

Again, I'm not trying to start a fight between you and your dealer, but it sounds as if you did not get good service. Or, do I not understand how tractor dealers work?

b ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login