Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD2210 Glow Plugs

View my Photos
chevytruck13
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-30          99527

Does anyone know if my 2210 has glowplugs or not? In the manual it lists a 20 amp circuit out of the fuse block for glow plugs, but under cold weather starting in the same manual it makes no mention of them. I am used to pushing the key in or turning it backwards on larger tractors and this is not mentioned in the manual.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD2210 Glow Plugs

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-30          99530

Since it has the same engine as the 4110 with a different governor, I would hazard an educated guess and say it does. ....

JD2210 Glow Plugs

View my Photos
psimonson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-31          99551

The glow plugs on the 2210 go on automatically when the key in the start position. There is no warning/wait light but you can hear a solenoid-type click when the glow plug timer turns them off after a few seconds.

You can manually preheat and reduce the starter cranking time by turning on the pto and then turning the key to the start position until you hear the glow plugs click off; push off the pto button and it'll start immediately.

The same thing can be done with the 2-speed lever but it isn't as convenient as the pto switch. ....

JD2210 Glow Plugs

View my Photos
KRAKY1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-02          99718

PSIMONSON has it right. But I find the opposite--usually when I shut the tractor off it's still in gear. So, I just hop on the seat--hold the key on start for 5-10 sec's.....put it in neutral and start it right up. Just my procedure. ....

JD2210 Glow Plugs

View my Photos
kickapoobd

2004-11-03          99790

This is awesome! I have started both ways now, what use to take several seconds of turning over is now an instantaneous start. Is there a down side to this procedure, like wearing out the glow plugs. It really hasn't been terribly cold here yet.

Troy ....

JD2210 Glow Plugs

View my Photos
psimonson

2004-11-04          99815

There should be no downside because the glow plugs always go on when you start it and the time they're on is limited by an electronic controller either way. There might be a slight upside because, as you noticed, the starter works less. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login