Go Bottom Go Bottom

790 Leaking Antifreeze

View my Photos
deeremd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-26          99287

I've got a 790 with about 70 hours on it. Lately I've noticed that it seems to be seeping antifreeze from "somewhere" around the thermostat housing/waterpump area. However, I cannot pin-point the location (e.g., overflow bottle, hoses, housing, waterpump) since it seems to be a very small leak.

Does anyone know if a nearly new 790 is particularly prone to leaking antifreeze from any specific location? (I'm trying to avoid calling the dealer since even though it's under warranty, they want to charge me $200 to put it on their rollback and transport it to the dealership!!)

Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

790 Leaking Antifreeze

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-26          99288

I would suggest first checking all of the hose clamps to ensure they are snug and that the hoses are properly installed. Then try inspecting this area after a good hard run mowing or other use to see if it is still leaking and just where it is leaking. The dealer should send out a someone to look at your machine if they were on their game. Might be an easy fix for him or you. ....

790 Leaking Antifreeze

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-10-26          99314

1* Get some prices from the wrecker companies they may charge a lot less than $200.oo.
2*If the Dealer would send someone to you it should cost a lot less than 200 bucks.
3*can you rent a trailer to hall it on? ....

790 Leaking Antifreeze

View my Photos
jdgreen

2004-10-26          99325

I agree with Chief. Check your hose clamps. The rubber tends to shrink in cold weather causing the clamps to loosen. This is another reminder to check with your dealer before the sale to find out their policy on warranty repairs and hauling. A lot of dealers will absorb these costs if purchased from them. It is easy to see why it would be better to pay a few hundred or maybe a thousand extra to a dealer that is willing to go the extra mile. Sorry if I got off the subject. ....

790 Leaking Antifreeze

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2004-10-26          99327

is this tractor less than 2 years old???
if so, warranty should cover a service call
if not ,this dealer doesn't want a long term customer.
my dealer sent a mech out to take the tires off to have them repaired so the truck used for delivery wasn't tied up and they are 60 miles away !!!!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login