Go Bottom Go Bottom

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-14          98402

Wisconsin's temperature will drop into the teens they say and they had snow "up north". Time to think snowblower attachment for my new 2210.

Is there only one option - the 2 stage blower? I thought there was a single stage available too? I don't have a big drive and feel the two stage may be over-kill. My "old" 23 hp Simplicity Tractor's single stage was just fine. I feel another single stage would be fine. Am I wrong?

Any rcommendations?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-14          98406

Here's my BX2230 (very similar to your 2210) snowthrower setup. I much prefer the 2 stage over the single. In my experience it throws more volume and further than a single. I also believe that a single stage is more dangerous with the high-speed impeller out front. ....

Link:   BX snow thrower

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
kickapoobd

2004-10-14          98424

I am trying to get by this year with just a rear blade and gas blower. We typically don't deal with much weekly snow. Although a 24" in a single storm does occasionally hit us. I still have a 36" toro snowblower and a 6' Frontier blade so I am hoping to manage. I have heard that Forage King makes a rear mount snowblower but I have yet to see it for sale or on a web site.

TP ....

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-10-15          98425

I had a 20hp Craftsman garden tractor with a 42" single stage blower. It worked fine. I have had my 2210 for over a year and had to blow snow last winter 17 times..a record for Anchorage (130"+). I also did 8 other drives and aircraft tiedown areas (live on a residential airstrip). I can tell you that the 2 stage 47" blower on the 2210 works about twice as well as the old Craftsman.

The single stage blew almost as far as the 2 stage in light stuff but when I got into deeper stuff or heavier wet stuff the 2 stage wins by a significant margin.

The downside..price. Damned expensive, but it'll be the last blower you'll ever need. I suppose there are rear mounted, cheaper blowers but I prefer not cranking my neck around that much and I run with a rear spreader full of traction aggregate.

I tried blades but very soon ran out of places to push the stuff. If you can afford the JD blower..go for it, you will be satisfied. ....

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
bmeyer

2004-10-15          98427

Thanks for the responses. My dealer has quoted me $2328 for the JD 2 stage blower. I have two other quotes for slightly more from other JD dealers. Sounds like I'm going to be buying myself a birthday present.

BTW, AV8R, I like your spreader bar on your Kubota. Looks like you could put a trailer ball on it for moving small stuff around. Is it a Kubota product? ....

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-10-15          98437

No, home made from a $15 Fleet-Farm draw bar and some scrap steel from work. I did use it to effeciently bend my top link though. (other Pic.) Works good for the trailers. (see the rest of the website) ....

Link:   Av8r Website

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
jd2210

2004-10-16          98513

bmeyer,

The single stage for your unit is implement number 1482M and the two stage is 1473M. I would, however, given the price nearly 2.5K, consider a front blade, a lot of fun and the 2210 has no issues pushing snow, assuming you have a place to pile it up. ....

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
JDFANATIC

2004-10-16          98538

bmeyer,

The 46" snowthrower from the 425/445/455 series works on the 2210. I have yet to use it with the 2210, but used it with a 425 for about 10 years. It always worked wonderfully though really slushy heavy wet snow can clog the chute if you don't keep it full. I chose the SS because my driveway was gravel at the time, but now that it is paved, I probably would go with the 2S.

Cheers
JDFANATIC
JD2210 ....

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
bmeyer

2004-10-16          98553

I hadn't thought much about a front blade. I'm assuming the hydraulics will allow it to be angled from side to side? Any idea of its typical cost? Do you tend to do damage by pushing snow over the lawn?

2210 Snowblower

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-10-17          98563

The Deere blade for the 2210 is the same one as my 4115. It is about the only moderately priced product Deere has.

I paid $900 for mine last year. It raises and lowers just like the FEL and the dump/curl circuit angles the blade left and right. It's a well made, easy to use outfit.

You can lift the blade and stack the snow on the lawn and you can probably push it about 3 feet in before you get the wheels on the grass. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login