Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rear work light for my 855

View my Photos
alan6271
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-08          97935

Hi everyone,

Well the problem I had before with the lights was due to corrosion on the fuse for the headlights. That created resistance and melted the fuse and fuse block.

Now that it's up and running, does anyone here have rear work light mounted on their 855 or similar? I didn't know if the light splices into the fender headlight or does it run all the way back to the switch? I believe the work light comes on with the headlights but not sure. It's getting pretty dark early around here and I am still out there working away.

Thanks
Alan

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chad NC

2004-10-22          99017

Hi Alan,

I have the JD rear light kit on my 855 and it works well. It plus into the connector underneath your seat that is near the 3pt lever. The light comes on in the field lighting position but goes off in the road lighting position due to some states having laws requiring that only red lights or flashers shine towards the rear.
Hope this helps,
Chad ....

View my Photos
JD855inWI

2004-10-22          99021

Alan: I've got the same set up as Chad. Works fine. Was a JD parts kit, came with all of the connectors. Either of you have a JD power pack vacuum system? ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-23          99093

855 Work Light Kit part # BM17981, WORK LIGHT (REPLACES AM102724.

No price came up when I checked. Call your Deere dealer parts man and check. If you rig up a pig tail, you may be able to rig up dual work lights. I did this on my 4410. I checked with the dealer service tech before hooking them up to ensure the dash light switch would handle the load. Has so far for over a year. ....

Link:   855 Work Light Kit

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login