Go Bottom Go Bottom

Bush Hog Vibration

View my Photos
paluvsjoshua
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-05          95630

Noticed my new bush hog vibrating more than after the first few hours of operation. Checked the blades on the JD LX5 and the blades are free motion as they should be but there is some verticle play with both of them about 1/4 to 3/8" play. Should I tighten the 1 1/2" blade nut or is this vertical play normal where the blade connects to the stump jumper. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bush Hog Vibration

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-05          95633

paluvsjoshua, you should tighten them. They should only have enough play to swing freely. If that doesn't stop the vibration have your dealer look at it as it could be something more serious.

David

Bush Hog Vibration

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-06          95669

You can check thightness but those should be a shoulder bolt style, overtorquing could stretch the bolt and cause a failure.

I would look for a big ding in a blade or a bent spindle. You could also have a wad of wet grass up in the pan ....

Bush Hog Vibration

View my Photos
paluvsjoshua
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-06          95680

Thanks David & Harvey,
I will try to tighten them first, I have only a torque wrench and the torque required is over 400#'s and I am supposed to use a torque multiplier ( I don't have) so I will shoot for 100#'s on the wrench without the multiplier. Also found this morning after talking with the boy that he might of hit some ledge on the back hills, will check that out also. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login